Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Friday 3/25/16

@fbm8282lsm

Congratulations Rosa.  I love the name Genevieve.  What I love even more are people who know how to pronouce Genevieve, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Rosa congratulations on your grand daughter....I love the name as you can see from my "nickname"......I bet the new parents appreciate all the help they are getting from you and their church.   Have a nice Easter.......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's an absolutely gorgeous day out!  I don't "have" to go anywhere, but the dogs haven't had an outing in two days so maybe I'll take them for a drive. I'm making progress on the spring cleaning - the big summer closet is done and looks great, and I'm almost through with the guest room. It's so nice to see dozens of bears nicely organized on the bed, the frogs have been put in an area of their own, and all I have to do in there yet is vacuum. It's easier to get, well, not quite excited, but a little more enthusiastic about cleaning when you can see results. Cat Happy

Congratulations, Rosa! I love the name Genevieve; in fact, it's in the name of my aunt with Alzheimer's - she was always a nice lady.

I haven't had Keds in years, snicks. I used to have over a dozen pair in all kinds of prints and colors but rarely wore them, so they got donated. I hope they're as well-made as they used to be. What color did you get?

Hang in there, twinny - everything will be done before you know it. I'll bet that young man was thrilled to find so many nice things he needed in one place.

Bird, I like that dress, but don't think I could do horizontal stripes these days!  JCP is famous for marking things twice what the item in worth, then proclaiming a false sale - one of the things I dislike about them.

I envy all of you having someone to prepare a holiday meal for. Cat Sad I'll never understand why the Lord made me a Martha Stewart type, but not give me anyone to entertain and do things for. Cat Sad I guess I'll have to be content this weekend with making cupcakes for some neighbors and Victor...and know that I have eternity before me.

Well, I guess I should get dressed and be on my way. Today's projects are finishing the guest room, rearranging some of the downstairs bears, cleaning the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, and also a homework assignment. 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I am not cooking for anyone or visiting with anyone this Easter.  I will keep Easter quietly, well as quietly as I can with 3 birds in the house :-) 

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope that you have a great spring break.  I also think that you have an appt. on Monday.  Good luck if you do.

Rosa, so happy that you have a new baby to spoil.

Bird Mama, have fun shopping too.  You have great taste.

I am exhausted as I emptied all of the dresser & chest of drawers so they can be taken away tomorrow.  My brother came this morning, but we didn't have time to look at pictures.  He is thrilled that I was able to sell so much stuff so fast.  I am too.

The hot tub was my one luxury this afternoon before we go for dinner.

Hi to CERB too.  Right now I can't remember what your  Easter plans are.

Our church is having a brunch followed by church service.  That is what we will be doing as our DD will be with her DH's family.  His stepfather is very very ill & after being in the hospital for over a month, he is in an assisted living place.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Hope your DD's truck is repaired quickly, and you have a good weekend with her.  Also hope the sneakers are what you want.  I have not had Keds for many years, but I remember them being nice.

Congratulations Rosa!  Welcome to the grandmother's club.  Like the others, I love her name.  I'm sure you will be a great help to her parents.

Cute dress and cardigan, Bernie.  I own a few dresses, but nothing that goes above my knees.  Bet it would look very nice on you.  I have never heard of that brand, but I do like it when things are made in the U.S.A.

Sounds like you are accomplishing so much twinny.  I know it is difficult, but it is nice that you were able to sell so much to the young man.  Very happy to hear about your niece coping well with her ex's decision.   Enjoy the fish fry.

You certainly found some good bargains, Charlene.  i imagine you will get lots of wear out of your new items.

Waves to spix, Marijane, LindaR, Jean (hope the Sketchers will be okay), Arlene, Kathleen, Susan, pinky ann, Gayle, Barbara, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

I have had a pretty busy day.   DH's caregiver came, and then I took him to the club.  After I dropped him off, I took a walk and then drove to the grocery.  I needed a few things, but bought much more than the necessities.  They were having a good sale on some things I like, plus peanut butter and other items that I buy for the food bank.  The store was really mobbed, and they had almost every line open.  

After the store, I came home to change for the gym.  That went pretty well.  DH slept better last night, but for some reason I was awake quite a bit -- had pains here and there which went away when I got up.  Go figure.

Sorry you have RA, snicks.  I know that our friend Barbara (poster here and one of the few posters I have met in person) suffers from RA and needs regular infusions, etc.  DH's younger DGD (age 9) has the juvenile version, and it has affected her eyes.  So far, she is doing okay with the treatment.  

After you asked about the miles, I started to wonder if perhaps my pedometer isn't recording the correct amount.  Not sure about that, but the nurse and I were talking about a "mission march" they had at church last Sunday, and he said it was three miles long.  I have taken that walk, and I thought it was no more than 1 1/2 miles.  So, maybe I'm walking a bit faster/longer than I thought I was.  Or, maybe that is wishful thinking.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone, I Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter, and say congratulations to Rosa on the arrival of her new grandbaby.

DH went back into the hospital yesterday, so our Easter plans have been cancelled. I brought him to the ER when his breathing took a bad turn during the night on Thursday and use of the nebulizer was doing little to help on Friday morning. All day yesterday I was with him, and was too exhausted to post after calling my family to let them know what had happened. I'm just trying to deal with everything happening right now, but  words cannot  begin to express my sadness right now for how sick he is, and how much he's suffered  for years now....

He's had COPD for years, along with a litany of additional health problems, and it's been severe for a good number of those years. He will be on oxygen from now on. His pnumonia has cleared, along with the fluid it brought around his heart. They now also suspect a heart issue, along with the worsening of the COPD. Since it's the weekend, any further tests will wait until Monday. If anyone would say an Easter prayer for him, we would both be very grateful. I'm going to get ready to go back to the hospital now, and just be together with DH. Hope you'll all enjoy your holiday!   pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann

I'm so sorry that your beloved has relapsed.  I've some experience with COPD in loved ones and I know that it can complicate some conditions.  I will pray that your beloved pulls through and that you and he have a lovely Easter.