Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Friday 10/21/2016

Good morning all, happy Friday to you.

What is going on in your world?

I'm heading out in a few minutes for car inspection, fun, huh?

Hope you are having a good day.

Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Friday 10/21/2016

Hi everyone,

http://www.datehookup.com/thread-1413849-121.htm

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies..... Happy car inspection Snicks....try not to  have too much fun there and I hope everything goes OK for your car...no surprises.   how's your front lawn coming along?

I ran out to the store this morning,picked up my pumpkins and mums..still need a few mums though.  IT's been beautiful past few days, in the 80,s....raining today and temps will be dropping  ,I think that's the end of our Indian summer.  THe leaves are coming down like snow,the colors havem''t  been nice at all.

Not much else to report....enjoying Kathleen's pix on her journey to Seattle..I think she will be in Vegas this weekend.  HOpe your PT goes well Jean and your DH is doing ok Linda.   I did put an order in to JJill a few days ago and it should be arriving today.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the cute graphic Meallen..you always have great ones!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @Snicks1 for the start, hope the inspection goes well, I always worry they'll say something is wrong

@Genny1, same here with the leaves, hardly any color

@meallen616, sorry I got a blank on your post, first time that's happened, I'm sure it was lovely

Just puttering today, a little of this, a little of that.  Have a luncheon on Sunday, supposed to go in costume, I don't think so!! but I do have a sweat shirt that says " This is my Halloweed Costume" so I do believe that will be it  lol  Halloween is not my thing, hasn't ever been, did do it up when the kids were young & don't have many trick/treaters anymore as the church's/parks, etc do tailgate in their parking lots, does make sense.

Waves to all, have a wonderful day

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks -  Thank you for starting us today, hope you have no problems with the car.

Marijane -  We have had rain for the last couple days,  we needed it, but not this much at one time.  Have fun decorating with the mums and pumpkins.

Spix -  You have my kind od costume -  a t shirt.  I am not one to dress up in costume.

I haven't written for a while, but I have been reading.  My dad passed away last Wednesday, and the funeral was Saturday.  I have been working around the house here catching up on things.  I am also rededicating myself on the decluttering.  I ordered an item last night, if I would have my "stuff" decluttered and organized, I would have realized I already have something just like that here already.  I just have too much stuff.

Well the dry buzzed, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@Paladu1, I am so sorry to hear that your Dad passed. My best wishes to you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Susan so sorry to hear about your dad.....my condolences to you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's, good luck with the car inspection.   GEICO guy came this morning & gave us an estimate to get the Subaru fixed.  $825, it could have been much worse.

Meallen, I get together with friends often & cherish them all 

Spix, I used to dress up when I was working, but not anymore.

Susan, so sorry to hear about your dad.  I am still working on my mom's estate & it is driving me nuts.

Marijane, I wanted some mums, but waited too long.  We did have a beautiful drive on our mini vacation. The leaves are still turning to the south of us.

DH called the GEICO guy yesterday concerning our rear end collision while we were on vacation.  The guy came this morning with an estimate.  We have an appointment for next month in the Capitol city.  It will take 2 days, so we just lined up a rental car.  Then I looked at the calendar & my next 6 month checkup is during those two days.  Hopefully we can do two things at the same time.  Thank goodness the other guy had good insurance.

My cousin is dropping in soon & we are going out for dinner with friends.

I am still waiting for the lawyer to call me.  Of course he called here on Tuesday when we were gone.

Just got a few groceries.

Right now I am ready for another vacation.  

Eta.  SNICK's I went into my first HL on Wednesday.  So many beautiful things.  What did you buy.   I am down sizing our Christmas tree this year.  I bought a 3' silver tree & 2 smaller matching trees at Gordman's also on Wednesday.  I am hoping that it will look nice on my recently inherited cabinet.  

My life has been so hectic this last year, that I want to keep it simple this year.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Hope your car passed inspection with flying colors.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, passing Susan.  Please accept my sincere condolences.

Cute graphics again, meallen.

How nice to have a pumpkin and mums, Marijane.  They sell mums and pumpkins  around here, but I doubt that they would do well in this weather (too hot).  They certainly remind me of Fall -- Homecoming, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.  I have quite a collection of artificial pumpkins, and a few artificial mums as well.

That shirt sounds like a good idea Essie.  I did not wear costumes for many years, but my office put on a skit, and I purchased a cow costume for it. Then, I wore it for a few Halloweens before my grands asked me not to do so -- they were embarrassed to have a Grandmother in a cow costume.  The next time I wore a costume was in a parade here -- I was with a float for the senior lunch program, and dressed as a carrot.  And, I was Batgirl the following year.  My newcomers group is having a Halloween potluck, and I may wear a headband and bat "wings" that I bought at the dollar store.  Not a big costume, but as much as I am ready to do.  

Glad you have set up your car repair, twinny.  Hope you can arrange your other appointments around the days the car will be in the shop.  One time when I guy rear-ended my car, I was able to get a rental car under his insurance.  The car took quite a while to repair, so I was happy to have the rental.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen (have fun in Vegas), Bernie, Barbara, 3suwm5, Charlene, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers.

I had my decision-making class this morning, and met my volunteer job buddy for an early lunch.  Made it in time to feed DH a bit of lunch and dessert. My friend told me that there is a new Dollar Tree in town, and I plan to go there this afternoon.  Her church is doing the shoebox Christmas project, and she told me she will bring me a shoebox and information so I can participate.  My church does  a different sort of  

DH seems to be in pretty good shape today, and I talked to the hospice nurse about a few concerns.  I think all will be okay -- taking one day at a time.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda