Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Friday 10/14/2016

[ Edited ]

Good morning all. I didn't see a thread started, hopefully I didn't just miss it, lol.

What is everyone up to today?

It's another really nice day, about 65 degrees now, kind of cloudy tho.

I did not get to the yard clean yesterday but did it this morning. Will try to mow some of the tall grass in the area where the fire hydrant is this weekend. The area is drying out and I want to have it mowed before they come back to fill in the dirt and re-seed, so I can easily show them where all the ruts are that they made, so as to get that taken care of right this time, lol.

I am going to take my walk, then go pick up my chairs for the deck that I had ordered, they called to say they had arrived at the local store.

That's all my "excitement" (lol) for the day.

Hope everyone is having a good one today. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Friday 10/14/2016

[ Edited ]

Hey @Snicks1, thanks for getting us started today.  I think we had a hard frost last night.  I don't know about these things other than to say it looked like snow in the backyard.  I wore suede gloves during the morning commute to work - not gripping a cold steering wheel.  It was in the 30's and even though I watched a few minutes of the local morning news I can't remember what in the hel* the forecast for the day is. 

My local news people on ABC decided to mirror their news after Good Morning America which means there is a round table of people all yammering and clowning :-(

Last night I received a call from my SIL is AZ.  Even though she and my other in laws live in AZ, I was the first person she called to tell me that she had kidney cancer.  She just blurted it out.  I would have been upset to hear it either way, hearing it almost 10 years to the day I heard that her brother/my husband had kidney cancer nearly knocked me off of my feet.

She wanted to know the type he had in case her doctor needed to know so I pulled out the scans/biopsy/surgical reports that I kept from then.  I was relieved that I didn't discard them like so many other old medical records of his.

It set me back 10 years.  I am praying that her outcome is different and more favorable.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. It is a beautiful day to get things done. Enjoy the new deck chairs.

Bernie--I am sorry to hear that your SIL has kidney cancer. It had to be a shock with it happening on the ten--year anniversary of your DH's cancer. I do hope she has a successful recovery from it.

Yesterday evening when I got home from the city and physcal therapy, there was a message on the voice mail from the urologist office to call them. I knew then that the biopsy of the tumor removed during the bladder scope showed that the cancer was trying to return to the bladder.

I was able to call the office today andd had my suspicions confirmed.  This was a very small one compared to the original which also was more advanced. I just need to go back in late January for another check up. The frequent check ups are a nuisance but they can ****** things in the bud before getting too advanced.

I did work this morning after which I went to the Post Office to get my mail. I received the Basso TSV throw but have not opened the package as I wanted to relax first.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

My nerves are a little rattled today.  They got the tumor out right?  And then they did the biopsy on the entire thing right?

Rest, relax and then snuggle up in that new throw.  You deserve a good snuggle with Midnight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's,  it is sunny & near 70 today, but maybe rain tomorrow & Sunday. It is a good idea to mow so they can see the ruts that they made.  They need to be made accountable.

Bird Mama, we had a light frost last night & I wore a pair of gloves on my moped yesterday.  I am so sorry to hear the sad news from your sil so close to your DH 's diagnosis.  She is lucky that you kept the medical records.  I shredded my medical records from the Mayo Clinic, as my prognosis just made me depressed.  Being told that I may never walk again was just so disheartening.

Jean, frequent checkups are a nuisance,  but necessary as you know.  Enjoy the DB throw.

I am still waiting for the lawyer to call me.  At this point, I am ticked off.  

We want to take a few day trips when it looks sunny & the colors are at peak.  Some places are almost there & some areas are late.  I did get groceries this morning.  It seemed like I was out of everything.

I am so loving the sunny cooler temps.

DH &  I are having dinner at the nice Swiss restaurant tonight.  We haven't been there for a long time.

3suwm5, your vacation sounded nice.  NM is one of the few states that we have never been to.  Happy anniversary too.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, so sorry about your SIL, that is a shock to hear at any time, but especially since your DH had it also. Do hope they can help her.

It has been in the upper 30's here a few nights now, but I believe they said a warm up is coming for the next few days.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat, so sorry about the results of the biopsy. I will keep you in my thoughts for a good report in January. Enjoy that Basso throw. You certainly deserve to have a good snuggle with it.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70, I would be ticked off too, by now, with the lack of completion on your DM'e estate. Enjoy your trips to look at the leaves changing colors.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for happy fall weekend images

Honored Contributor

In keeping with a "fashion" thread, I did order this today from Lands End. Lightweight flannel henley style, tunic length. I can see wearing it often this fall/early winter. Sorry the pic is so big, don't know what happened there, lol.

LE flannel shirt.jpg