Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - TGIF - November 11, 2016

Image result for veterans day

With respect and gratitude to the veterans from every branch of the military.

Hello shopping friends - I have news that is outright miraculous.  It's about my SIL Karen.  She had the surgery last week, was discharged from the hospital this past Sunday and had a follow up with her doctor yesterday.  Karen said she couldn't wait and pestered the doctor to see him to get the results.

The large tumor was inside of her kidney.  Her kidney was definitely failing and needed to be removed.  Pathology has been run multiple times - they aren't sure what caused the tumor.  They can say conclusively that it is not cancer.

She broke the news to me herself last night and all I could do was cry.  Thank you for praying for her. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - TGIF - November 11, 2016

http://plusquotes.com/images-veterans-day-photos-november.php

Honored Contributor

Hello all and thanks @Bird mama for the start. Also thank you and @meallen616 for the wonderful graphics. I tried earlier today to start the thread with a similiar graphic and the system simply would not let me. After 4 attempts I gave up, thoroughly aggravated I will admit. Anyway I echo both of your sentiments re: Veterans and our respect for them.

So happy to hear the great news from Karen.

Today has not been my day, lol. After my failed attempt to post a graphic, I went out to use the riding mower to deal with the leaves in the 3 lots in back of my house. Mower refuses to start. Good grief! So I came in, did some laundry, and shampoo-ed some spots on the carpet. Will have to run out to the store for dog food shortly, we are totally out! My back is still hurting from the last 2 days endeavor with the leaves, so maybe I should just chill. lol

Oh, the other thing...the crew did not show up today to fix my front yard either, like I said...not my day. Some days are like this, aren't they, lol. Not the end of th world, just aggravation on top of aggravation. Think I'll make my run to the store and hibernate the rest of today, lol.

Have a great day everyone, waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.  Also, happy Veteran's Day to all, and thank you to all who served.

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today, and I am very happy for your sister and you.  Hope she is recover quickly.

Meallen -  Nice graphic.

Spix -   It has not been your day, sorry the crew did not show .   You should take the whole weekend off.

Not much going on here today, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Well, my day just keeps getting worse, lol. I knew this morning I didn't feel great, but as the day went on I felt worse and worse. I HAD to get dog food, so went to the store. By the time I made it home, I was really sick. Feeling somewhat better now, but not top notch for sure. Oh well, such is life, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, what WONDERFUL NEWS!  A relief for all of you for sure.  It was a pleasure to pray for all of you.  Your post made me cry.  I cried yesterday as we were heading to the "big clinic.".  The good news is that I don't have to go back for another year, & my reflexes are wonderful.  Sometimes I don't have any.

meallen, another great graphic.

SNICK's. So sorry that everything went wrong for you today.

Susan, it is cool today, but nice & sunny.  60's for the weekend.

DH & I enjoyed our polka band & lunch out on Wednesday.

I did some retail shopping yesterday.  I bought a cute lighted snowman yesterday at Home Goods.  I plan to put it out on our front porch by the large side window by the front door.    Then we went to Marshall's & I found a nice popcorn stitch sweater that perfectly matched the Merlot pants that I bought in September at the Van Heusen outlet mall in ME.  DH bought a nice pair of leather walking shoes at DSW.   After that I was pooped & it was time for my appointment.

It is dinner out tonight.  I started my no berries, nuts, popcorn & corn diet yesterday.  Monday I am on no solid foods & start drinking that awful stuff at 6:00 p.m & finish it very early on Tuesday morning as my admittance time is 6:45.  Yikes.

December can't get here quick enough.  lol.

Hugs toi all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Bird Mama, what WONDERFUL NEWS!  A relief for all of you for sure.  It was a pleasure to pray for all of you.  Your post made me cry.  I cried yesterday as we were heading to the "big clinic.".  The good news is that I don't have to go back for another year, & my reflexes are wonderful.  Sometimes I don't have any.

meallen, another great graphic.

SNICK's. So sorry that everything went wrong for you today.

Susan, it is cool today, but nice & sunny.  60's for the weekend.

DH & I enjoyed our polka band & lunch out on Wednesday.

I did some retail shopping yesterday.  I bought a cute lighted snowman yesterday at Home Goods.  I plan to put it out on our front porch by the large side window by the front door.    Then we went to Marshall's & I found a nice popcorn stitch sweater that perfectly matched the Merlot pants that I bought in September at the Van Heusen outlet mall in ME.  DH bought a nice pair of leather walking shoes at DSW.   After that I was pooped & it was time for my appointment.

It is dinner out tonight.  I started my no berries, nuts, popcorn & corn diet yesterday.  Monday I am on no solid foods & start drinking that awful stuff at 6:00 p.m & finish it very early on Tuesday morning as my admittance time is 6:45.  Yikes.

December can't get here quick enough.  lol.

Hugs toi all of you.

Meant to say "hugs to all of you.  Spell check=UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  That is wonderful news, Bernie.  I believe in miracles, and this is certainly one.  Hope everyone had a good Veteran's Day, especially all the veterans in your lives.  

Very nice graphics meallen and Bernie.

What a day you had snicks.  Tomorrow has to be better.

Hi Susan.  Hope you had a good day..  

You had some good news as well, twinny -- great!

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I went on a day trip to a Greek Orthodox monastery and then Greek restaurant.  It was a long day, but a very good one.  The monks have olive trees, and I purchased a bottle of their olive oil  Had to have some with my dinner, and it was good, if light.  I met a very interesting senior, and I'm hoping she will come to the senior lunch program on Tuesday sometime (she normally goes on Wednesday, but I work on Tuesday).

No call from DH's facility, so I have to think he was fine.  I told him and the caregivers that I was probably not visiting him today, and they said not to worry.  He was fine yesterday afternoon/evening except he is still very nervous about getting up and down from chairs.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda