Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, Sept 22nd

Good Morning and Welcome to Autumn

We're in for another 90 degree day with sunshine and humidity here. 

Work has been a challenge this week Woman Wink and I'm still hanging in there.

I received my new oryany bag last night and only had the energy to give it a cursory glance.  It was dark and I think I'm satisfied with the color however I'd like to check it out in broad daylight.

I bought a new top from JCP and really like it. 

Worthington Long Sleeve Blouse-Talls

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, Sept 22nd

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Work can be a challenge at times but you will surpass any challenges. I love the top and I am sure that the bag will meet your expectations once seen in full light.

It is a beautiful day here, but I will be heading to work in a few minutes. We are still debating about what we will do about the ticket to Puerto Rico. Right now, we are leaning toward changing it to another destination despite how much we like PR. I see they are having free tire repair in the Florida Keys because of the debris on the roads.

I'll likely be heading to the city tomorrow. Right now, I have no shoppiing but grocery incidentals on my mind.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is in the 90's again, but 70's will be here by Tuesday.    I like your blouse & hope that your purse is a winner.  Good job at hanging in there on the work front.

Jean, good luck with your destination choice.  Such sad circumstances.

I got up early & hung 2 loads of laundry out & got my walking done by 8:30.

I am heading out for groceries soon.  Then I am hibernating in the A/C.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....nice  top Bernie, I hope you like the color of your new handbag.  One more day of work then you can have a relaxing weekend.

Younwere up early TWinny doing your work, it's supposed to be like summer here the next few days too....we still have the pool open so I think floating will be in order for me.

Jean hard decision about your upcoming trip......maybe things will be straighten out much soon than they expect,hoping so for the residents there.

Not much else going on here,pizza tonight.     HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane 

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Gosh, everybody's weather sounds better than ours.  We are heading into about 10 days of low 60s and even dipping down into the 40s.  These are daytime highs, we have low 30s for overnight lows.  This is not my idea of fall, just saying.

Our weekend is calling for about an inch and one-half of rain, not my ideal weekend.  But, we all know, it could be much worse.

I'm counting my blessings, even with the weather, as all reports from Dr. & test were good.  Can't get any better than that.  God has blessed me again.

@Bird mama  Love that top.  Hope you enjoy your new bag.

Only a few more hours and this work week will be history.  You can probably start the countdown now- ha.

@KonaKat  So sorry about your upcoming PR trip.  Hopefully, you can decide on another location that you enjoy.  A report from a resident this morning said that things are not good enough for him to stay.  He will be making a window repair and getting a flight back to NY as soon as one is available.  No power for who knows how long, was the biggest problem for him.

@twinny70  Wow, you must have been up very early, good for you.  I guess I didn't climb out until after 8am, so have done almost nothing so far today.

No A/C for us for over 2 weeks already and had the heat on one night.  Will probably have heat most of the weekend.

@Genny1  My goodness, you still have temps. to lie in the pool?  I noticed our community pool was drained a couple of weeks ago.

Cooked all week, so this weekend we will have leftovers.  That makes my job easier and me happy.Woman Happy

Have a marvelous weekend everyone.  Plan to keep my CCs in the house and dry - ha.  Hope everyone can watch their CCs, good luck to us all.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for fall is here imagesImage result for autumn friends images

Trusted Contributor

Suwm...we usually keep it open till end of Sept...I noticed today the water level  is really low and I don't want to put more in just for a few days so I'll call the pool guys Monday and have them come next week.....can't believe the summer has gone .  Have a nice weekend.

Meallen yes fall is here..nice time of year....BUT...hate what comes after it!!

Esteemed Contributor

Meallen, it feels like the 1st day of summer. Cute graphic & I am sooooo ready for Fall. 

Marijane, I would love to float my boat with you.  My DH refilled the hot tub yesterday, but it is too hot to go into until later this evening.  A wine cooker may be calling my name.

3suwm5, I got up early because I had so much laundry to do & I needed to get my walk in before it got too hot.  I am so ready for cooler weather.  It is very dry, but they are talking about 60's-70's starting on Monday & rain until Wednesday morning.  Our CC's are locked up until the traveling bug comes again.  

It was a hot job getting  groceries.  We had a good lunch at Culver's, so supper is sliced turkey from the deli, potato salad & fresh strawberries.

The laundry dried quickly & is all put away.  I just finished doing some fall decorating. Maybe the 90's will take the hint.

I am expecting company soon.  Gabbing with a friend in a cool house.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Love that top.  I saw the presentation for "your" purse,  and I really like it.  Hope the color is good.  Sorry it was such a challenging week at work.

I saw on FB that you are going to Seattle instead of Puerto Rico, Jean.  Hope you have a great time.  What happened in Puerto Rico is very sad, and I feel so sorry for the residents.  

What hot weather you have been having Marijane, twinny, Barbara, Bernie, etc.   Not too hot here, but according to the hospice nurse, it is very hot at home.  It was extremely windy here today, and the blowing dust in the canyon were really something.  On top of the wild drive down there.  But, it was quite interesting.

Your weather is certainly cool 3suwm (not sure if I have that righ, but....)

Beautiful graphic, meallen.

DH had another seizure this morning, which was the reason for the call from the hospice nurse.  Needless to say, this was not good news.  The doctor recommended a low dose of an anti-seizure drug, and I agreed.  The nurse visited him again this afternoon, and he was doing okay.  I am trying to think positive, and enjoy the rest of my trip.  It has been a great adventure.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm really hoping tonight will be better.   Hope all of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda