Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, October 15th)

Hello all, it's cloudy, cool and raining off and on in my part of the world today.  JCP sent me a mystery savings coupon and I scored 50% off so I need to see if there is anything I need Woman Very Happy.  I don't really need anything.  I received my new handbag earlier in the week - I like it.  Also received the sporty looking navy boots - the traction is really good and they are guaranteed waterproof. 

Other than that, not too much going on.  How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, October 15th)

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama I like JCP, too, because they still sell Liz Claiborne. I was sorry when QVC dropped that brand. I always enjoyed the shows that Mary Beth Rowe and Linda Davies had presenting the Claiborne line of clothing. Classic fashions never go out of style. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you like the new handbag and boots.  An offer of 50% off would certainly get my attention.  Like you, I don't need anything, but.....

It is warming up here, but was pretty cool on my morning walk -- 44 degrees.  They are predicting that on Sunday it will reach the upper 80's.  But, DD said they are predicting heavy rain in her part of Maryland tomorrow.  She has had some adventures with her new job -- signing agent/notary for real estate.  Not too positive so far.  What can I say -- people aren't always nice, and have a tendency to vent to the person they see whether or not that person has anything to do with their complaint.  But, I am proud of her efforts.

The roofers showed up yesterday afternoon, and are back today.  What a relief.  The new landscaper provided an estimate for his work that is undoubtedly reasonable, but more than I anticipated.  I have asked for a revised estimate if he takes off a sort of side job of removing a large weed in the alley.  I am impressed with his knowledge of plants plus business.  He is also very polite and personable.

The hospice deliveries were quite a mess yesterday.  Very long story, but they were not ready until late, and I had trouble with one of them (didn't have the code for a gated community).  I ended up making deliveries to some people who were having dinner, and it was dark by the time I got home.  Not fun.

The person who lives in the gated community turned out to be someone I knew from years ago.  His wife helped with the senior lunch program, and knew DH, etc.  Anyway, we (his wife and I) really didn't recognize one another, but then remembered our shared stories.  So, we had a nice chat this morning when I dropped off her husband's supplies.  

When I came home the roofers were already here, and I want to give them my check before they leave.  So, I'll be going to the gym later this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Jeanne.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama and Jeanne in VA, I also like JCP,  but haven't gotten a coupon for a long time.  After I am done with my annual neurological appt next Monday at the Big Clinic, I hope to go to JCP, Hobby Lobby and Kohl's.  I made a brief visit to JCP on Monday after my infusion,  but I just looked at shoes,  boots and slippers.

Bird Mama  I am glad that you like your new purse and a non slip sole is a must for me.  It was trying to sprinkle right before lunch.  We just got back from the gym and it's sunny again.

Last night  I was exhausted from washing all but two windows on the main floor.  The new squeegee & microfiber cloth were a blessing.  Tomorrow  I will be doing the windows and patio door in the basement.  I have a long handled brush and squeege. 

It's supposed to be nice all next week, so we plan to go on a road trip on Tuesday and Thursday or Friday.  

I was hanging out laundry yesterday & as I got done pinning up the right side of my pants and was putting a pin in the left side, a walnut from our neighbors tree fell down into the pants and came out of the leg.  

Dinner is not tonight.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We're expecting severe thunderstorms and a possible tornado watch for today thru tomorrow. My "good" knee was predicting that this morning so I'm relieved the forecast agrees. I always get a bit nervous when the "good" knee starts to swell and pain. Too bad it can't pick the lottery number. LOL

I put a few pumpkins on the front porch to mis with the Fall flowers so at least that looks seasonal out there. I decided this year that I'm not giving out for Halloween. So many of the neighbors have sold their homes. We had another one sell and one more put up a "For Sale"  sign. The property values have really increased so I'm guessing everyone wants to seize the moment. 

LindaLatte--I'm glad the lawnman was there and you were able to reach a reasonable price. It's good the roofers showed. What a load of worry off your shoulders. It's always such a relief to find a person and have a job completed and checked off the list. 

Birdmama---You do so well with your JCP finds and coupons. Liz C. was my favorite line of clothing when I was working. The Pennny's in our mall closed it's doors. I miss that store. They had the best drapery, towels and men's jeans also.

I must have weeded something nasty in the front garden because I have a large group of blisters and they burn & itch. None of my regular creams did the job so today I put a guaze bandage around it and cleaned it with soap & water. UGH!!! Hopefully, it will be on the mend by Monday. I have a doctor check up and I sure don't want to add another thing to the list. 

I did watch quite a few of the Christmas shows on th eQ. I finally found a small purse/makeup case/carry all for our soon to be grand daughter in law. Now, I'm finally starting to relax with the gift "hunt". 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Jeanne from VA   JCP has been my store for over 40 years now.  I'm tall and they sold affordable tall ladies clothing which was a blessing when I started office work in 1981.  My favorite lines have been St John's Bay, Worthington and Liz Claiborne.  I'm old enough to remember the 9-2-5 collection (shoes and handbags) and East Fifth (clothing and shoes).

Honored Contributor

I'm excited for you Linda @LindaLatte  regarding the new roof and landscaping.  I know a roof is not the most fun thing to pay for however think how pretty it will be when it's done.  

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   You're lucky that walnut didn't bean you on the head.  When walnut dropping season arrives in my backyard I wish I had some kind of helmet - I've been hit in the head on a windy day Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa  do you have any caladryl lotion in the house or can you get it nearby?  Something happened to my chemistry when I hit my 50's and I get the same kinds of burning/itching blistery things you get.  Sometimes it happens the first couple of times I cut the grass in the spring.  Sometimes if I get a mosquito bite it looks and feels like a mosquito bite the first day then gets like a blister and burns.  I've tried cortisone 10 (ointment, cream or that bingo dotter looking applicator) and it doesn't work.  The only thing that seems to work is Caladryl lotion.  I got one heck of a skin reaction to the first Moderna shot last year about 5 days after the shot.  The only thing that would calm it down, stop the itch and dry it out was Caladryl.

Honored Contributor

The cortisone 10 that I call the bingo dotter is this:

Cortizone 10 Easy Relief - 1.25 fl oz