Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, March 3rd

[ Edited ]

Hello and Happy Friday to all.  I'm glad it's the end of the workweek.  I need 2 days away from a co-worker or two, lol.  Today is my eldest great niece's 6th birthday and I've been invited to stop by on the way home from work to celebrate.  Wow, can't believe she is 6 already - just seems like she was born a year or two ago.

The two pair of earrings that I saw in the silver day preview at the beginning of the week were never presented.  When I keyed in the item numbers, there was a note that each was not available for sale - weird.

There is a LTS ring by Jai that I am thinking about. 

JAI Sterling India Collection Feather Texture Band Ring - J331254

I like the feather motif, of course.

I still have at least 30 minutes to think about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, March 3rd

Hi everybody,

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Happy Birthday to your great niece.  I feel the same way about my grands and great nephew -- they grow up so quickly.  Pretty ring you are considering.  That is weird about the earrings.  Glad you will have some time away from your problem co--workers.

Another cute graphic, meallen.

It is cloudy here, but fairly warm.  I took a walk before breakfast, and went to the gym after my Middle East history class.  

In answer to your question, Charlene -- I'm definitely getting in my exercise.  The Fitbit is still motivating me to walk more and more steps.  I know that I averaged well over 20,000 steps a day in February.  I think it must be a new record for me. And, I still go to the gym three times a week.  I am eating more, so I have put on a couple of pounds rather than losing some.  But, I'm still a very good weight (in my opinion.)  I try to stay within a "range", and I am well within that range.  Did your son get any more acceptances for grad school?  So exciting about your DD finishing vet school soon.  What are her plans for when she graduates?

DH was doing quite well when I visited him -- still in the wheelchair, but awake and smiling.  The hospice nurse said the lift should have arrived last week, so she re-ordered it.  His DD said the weather was better yesterday, and they planned to go whale watching today.  They go home tomorrow.

I never heard of those special earplugs, twinny.  Glad you found them.  Despite my ear issues, I have not had ear problems with flying except for a couple of times when I had ear infections before I flew.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry that the two jewelry items were not available for purchase. Enjoy the ring, however, if you decide to purchase it.

meallen---Great graphic to welcome  us to the weekend.

Linda--Sorry that DH's lift has not arrived and had to be reordered. DH seems to have a good attitude about his situation and enjoying your visits. Keeping active as you do is a good way to maintain yourself and your spirits.

Twinny--The Earplanes brand are what I had seen in WalMart as well as Amazon.  I know there are those who use them to help with pressure when ascending and descending when flying but I just yawn or swallow often if it happens.

This week ended two consecutive weeks of 5 day work weeks, something I am not used to but I'm not overly tired but feel as if I am trying to get a cold.

I turned on "Fashion Day" when I got home I used to look forward to these days so much. Now, I prefer the clothing I have compared to what I  have seen so far.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.