Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, March 20th)

Well, we made it to the end of another week Woman Happy  

I have been looking at two different items for sale here at the Q:

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-Bunny-Figurines-with-Floral-Scroll-Design.product.H222287.html?sc=IROA

I kind of like these in the white option ^^^

https://www.qvc.com/Home-Reflections-Set-of-2-Large-and-Small-Decor-Boxes.product.H222676.html?sc=IR...

I like these in the ivory ^^^

I think the second item is more practical.  Decisions, decisions.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, March 20th)

@Bird mama    A number years ago, I bought some wooden boxes at an import store.  I made a pattern of the interior from newspaper and cut anti-tarnish cloth from the pattern, then glued it inside the box with Elmer's Glue.  I then had some nice jewelry boxes into which I put some of my silver.  They make super gifts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There's just something about the boxes Woman Happy  It's ironic because I'm active participant in the 'purge thread' in the Home forum.

That's a really good idea @Kachina624 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,  those bunnies in the darker brown look so edible.  Pretty boxes too.

Kachina, you had a great idea for making jewelry boxes.

We had flurries this morning  but my DH did go walking when the flakes diminished.

Our spring cleaning on the main floor is all done.  My sewing/computer room was the hardest.  Heavy things & more of them.  Next week we will be doing the finished basement.  Cleaning the house made the days fly by.

We are ordering carry out or curbside lunch from our favorite Chinese restaurant soon.  

No big plans for the next week except maybe a trip to the grocery stores next Thursday.  

It's a shame that our schools and colleges are not going to be opening any time soon.

I am praying that I will be able to get my next infusion on April 6th.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Well, when I ordered the Georgia Pacific paper towels from Home Depot yesterday, I expected delivery next week.  Imagine my surprise when I backed out of the garage to mail a couple of Easter cards to my sister (one from me, one from the birds) and there were the 2 boxes on the front porch.

Jean @KonaKat if you ordered a case from Amazon, brace yourself - the box is kind of heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, WOW!  What fast delivery on the folded paper towels.  I heard on the TV  today that our state has 2 deaths from the Corona Virus.  One a 50 year old man and a 90 year old man.  Both from the eastern part of our state.

Our Chinese restaurant wasn't open, so we went to Culver's drive thru.  I had the 6 piece jumbo shrimp basket and my DH had the Alaskan Pollock sandwich basket.  It's like a ghost town in our hometown.  Few restaurants are open with big signs in the windows saying curb side delivery only.

I have had great success in getting my 3 month mail order rx's in 3 days & my eye drops the next day.  I have a new rx company this year, so I wondered how good they would be.  My other rx company had great delivery service too.

We just got out of the hot tub.  It's a great retreat for us.  Especially when we are staying home for days on end.

It's a very different life style for us right now as we are so used to getting in the Subaru or on our mopeds.  It's a good thing that we have not been in the work force for a long time.  That would have driven my DH crazy.

Do I need a vacation?  Yes!  But it doesn't look like we will be going next month.  Am I disappointed?  No!  I still can't believe that our 50th wedding anniversary turned out like it did.  Never in a million years would I ever have thought that something like this would happen.  I feel bad for our dgc & nieces and nephews with big plans.  They understand the reason for cancellations, but it is disappointing at the same time.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of those particular bunnies but love the boxes. You can do so much with the boxes; store things including jewelry in them, separate them and use in different places, or use them to place something on top of them to add height. I love the decorative tops on them and both colors are nice. I would have a hard time choosing a color.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you like the boxes and/or bunnies if you decide to order.  I am really trying not to buy any "wants", but it is quite difficult.  I keep wanting to soothe myself, and buying pretty things can make me smile.  Interesting about the heavy paper towels.  I did put out my Easter decorations, and they are lovely.

I did my weekly grocery shopping today, and it went okay.  I took three sets of the disposable gloves (I had purchased them for cleaning the house a month or so ago), and I was glad I had them except for I found it very difficult to open produce bags, etc.  The shelves on the stores were pretty bare -- no eggs in any of them, only a small amount of bread in one, very little meat and chicken, no toilet paper, etc., etc.  I was fortunate to get most of the things on my list except for the eggs and some of the produce.  The lines were long and slow, but people were pleasant.

As I may have mentioned yesterday, oldest DGS is out of work since all the stores are closed, but he will be paid for at least two weeks.  DD and DGD were able to make it to the doctor, and they got prescriptions they wanted.  Plus, they were able to have them filled.  That is a relief.

OLLI sent out a notice that a person who attended a class on the last day I had class was presumed to have the virus due to symptoms and having been in an area with the virus -- not tested, but in quarantine.  Fortunately, my class was in a different area, but.....

Sorry about your planned vacation for next month won't be happening twinny, but I know you and your DH will find ways to enjoy life, even if under lockdown.  Your carryout sounds good.  I have been thinking about going to Culver's for their fish fry advertised on TV.  They just opened a restaurant here last Fall, and it is popular.

Yesterday evening, I practiced yoga using a DVD I have had for quite a while.  I was happy that I am able to do it a little better now after taking yoga class.  Our weather is nice -- made it to 70 degrees with clouds, and I had a good walk.  Maybe I will try my stretching DVD this evening or the yoga one again.  While I know that nothing can be done, and all will work out sooner or later, the crisis is making me a bit anxious.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda