Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, Jan 17th)

Hello all,

The sunrise was pretty spectacular in my neck of the woods this morning.  

We're expecting 3 to 7 inches of snow starting tonight.  I like snow and won't mind shoveling it especially if it's light and fluffy.

Yesterday I received the two pair of clogs that I ordered directly from easy spirit earlier in the week.  Both colors (olive and wine) are pretty.

That's all I got, how are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF (Friday, Jan 17th)

Hi Everyone!

It snowed !!! We have cold temps and a dusting of snow on the ground. The dogs and I are happy. Actually, I'm just thrilled that the mud is frozen so I don't have as many paws to wipe. The forecast looks nasty for the weekend so I hope it is intermitent when our grandson is on the road for work.

I ordered some Christmas storage bins with my Kohls $ and on clearance. This year I had a plastic bin hit me in head and bruise my forehead reaching for the one bin on the top shelf. Honestly---I'm lucky that it wasn't worse. So, it's nothing but soft sided containers for the tops shelves.

We think we might have fixed our broken garbage disposal last night. It's an older model so there's a trick to the reset switch and button. We played around with it and finally got it to run. The test will be the next time I peel potatoes. At the very least that puts dishwasher repair as the only repair project for this weekend. Needless to say that both of us are relieved with that option.

Update on my medication recall: my doctor wants me to discontinue taking anything in this category for a while and then start back up again with another drug. The pharmacist advised me today that only one of my two bottles is effected by the recall. I wish they would provide a complete list of details in these notifications so everyone involved could make an informed decision.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.     

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It snowed !!! We have cold temps and a dusting of snow on the ground. The dogs and I are happy. Actually, I'm just thrilled that the mud is frozen so I don't have as many paws to wipe. The forecast looks nasty for the weekend so I hope it is intermitent when our grandson is on the road for work.

I ordered some Christmas storage bins with my Kohls $ and on clearance. This year I had a plastic bin hit me in head and bruise my forehead reaching for the one bin on the top shelf. Honestly---I'm lucky that it wasn't worse. So, it's nothing but soft sided containers for the tops shelves.

We think we might have fixed our broken garbage disposal last night. It's an older model so there's a trick to the reset switch and button. We played around with it and finally got it to run. The test will be the next time I peel potatoes. At the very least that puts dishwasher repair as the only repair project for this weekend. Needless to say that both of us are relieved with that option.

Update on my medication recall: my doctor wants me to discontinue taking anything in this category for a while and then start back up again with another drug. The pharmacist advised me today that only one of my two bottles is effected by the recall. I wish they would provide a complete list of details in these notifications so everyone involved could make an informed decision.      

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for the double post---the system is acting up today.

Trusted Contributor

@Fressa 

Hi - just an fyi, you might want to rethink putting the potato peels down the garbage disposal. We had the same problem happen with ours too, and were able to fix it but it was badly clogged and even if you've been doing it and getting away with it no problem previously, its not recommended.  Just a heads up. Google potato peels and garbage disposals. I also stopped the eggshells bc that will cause a problem too. Glad you were able to get yours going again. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @LoveMyBaby @Fressa   Yes, it looks like a bad weather weekend for many of us.  So far this winter hasn't even been a winter here in NE Ohio, but we will be changing that soon.  I'm not a snow lover (wrong place to live, I know).  I have 3 days off for the holiday weekend, and I like to get outside to jog, but I may be relegated to housework instead......yikes!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all,

The sunrise was pretty spectacular in my neck of the woods this morning.  

We're expecting 3 to 7 inches of snow starting tonight.  I like snow and won't mind shoveling it especially if it's light and fluffy.

Yesterday I received the two pair of clogs that I ordered directly from easy spirit earlier in the week.  Both colors (olive and wine) are pretty.

That's all I got, how are you today?

@Bird mama 

Doing ok, we've been so fortunate with MI weather, and then that hype from last weekend, but I think this weekend's forecast is going to be a little more accurate. Of course we have to travel to Detroit's Renaissance center on Saturday so not looking forward to driving in freezing rain. Fingerscrossed. Stay warm. 

Eager to check out the shopping this weekend. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you like your clogs.  Hope the snow is light and fluffy.  DD said they are expecting snow in Maryland.  She is definitely not a fan, but.....

Glad your disposal seems to be okay, Fressa.  You might want to re-consider using it for potato peels.  I had used mine for all sorts of things, but learned that you need to be careful after having several clogs.   It is interesting about the plastic storage containers -- I have had problems with them falling on my head as well.  Guess I should consider replacing the plastic with soft-sided containers before it happens again.

Sorry you are expecting unwelcome snow, Laura.  Maybe it won't be too bad.

Hi to our new poster.

I will be having my second varicose vein procedure this afternoon, so I did my grocery shopping this morning.  Our weather is okay after an usually rainy and cool day yesterday.  My Caregivers lunch and meeting went well, as did the gym.  Fortunately, the gym was less crowded than the past two Thursdays.  Perhaps it was the rain.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the potato peels. I knew about the egg shells but not the peels. We have older plumbing so it pays to be extra cautious.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, having it happen once (on Thanksgiving too) learned a valuable lesson. We were both fortunate to be able to get ours going again and not have the expense and pain of replacing. 👍🏼😊 

⚓️