Honored Contributor

Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, Jan 13th

Hello and Happy Friday the 13th.  I have never been superstitious about Friday the 13th.  My Ma was born on a Friday the 13th.  

I've replaced the AprilAire furnace filter and bio cleaned all of the sinks and the tubs.  That stuff really works and it also gets under your nails if you don't use gloves, which I don't.  My nails are really short so later on I'll soak my hands and the bio clean should just melt away.

I need to get moving on taking the Christmas decorations down.  I'm dragging my feet on it right now but once I get going it should go quickly.

I have the day off and my company gives us Monday off so I am trying to be productive in addition to enjoying my long weekend.

What are you up to?  Did you get a chance to see the full moon last night?  Wow, it was a beauty - no wonder I slept like the dead - the full moon does that to me :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics TGIF - Friday, Jan 13th

https://jimsthreedot.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/friday-the-13th/

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Nice that you have a couple of days off.  I'm not superstitious about Friday the 13th, and this was my Mom's birthday (105 years ago).  I don't know about bio clean, but I guess I should look it up if it works so well for you.  I did see the moon last night -- very bright.  Today is pretty cloudy and cool so far.  They are predicting rain and cool weather over the weekend.

Thanks for your graphic meallen.

I have been to my class on Islam and will be going to visit DH and feed him lunch soon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, enjoy your nice long weekend.  My DH used to get off but I didn't, so we would go shopping & then I would go  to work at 3:00.  Those were the days when shopping was so much fun.  I need to bio clean my oven.  Thanks for the reminder.  I am not superstitious, but our DS was born September 13 but it was early on a Sunday morning. 5# 13 oz.  Lucky me.

Meallen, cute graphic too.

Linda L, WOW about your mom being 105 years old today.  Your Islam class sounds interesting.  

I had my port flushed this morning & then got groceries.  Supper is out.

I saw the moon last night & it was beautiful.

Tomorrow I have my one & only church meeting.  Since it is brunch, I am taking a fresh fruit tray.  

It is cold & cloudy with a chance for a dusting of snow tonight.  Sunny tomorrow & 40's most of next week.  It will be our January thaw.  This winter has been fabulous so far,  but that can change in a moment 

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if I made myself clear -- this would have been my Mom's 105th birthday, but she died when she was 86.  

I remember all your efforts to settle your Mom's estate, twinny -- glad that is done, and I hope I am correct about the estate taxes.  I was working back when my Mom passed, and I just could not have done all you did with selling possessions and the house.  My parents house was pretty modest (only one bathroom, etc.) and 50 years old, so it was not snapped up quickly.  When it finally sold, the new owners had it torn down and replaced with a mini-mansion.  Don't know why that bothered me a little at the time.  Really not my business, but it was the only house I ever knew since we moved there when I was 6 months old.

DH was doing well when I saw him earlier.  Off to take a walk and get a few things done around here.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I also have the Bio Cleaner in the clay form. I see it is also available now in a concentrated cleaner. Yes, it works very well.

meallen--I'm not the least superstitious about Friday the13th, or am I about black cats. Cute graphic, however.

Linda--I am glad the Islam studies are going well and that DH was doing well when you saw him. My mother would have been 115 on January 8.

Twinny--I agree that this Winter has been fabulous so far. One wonders what lies ahead. The fruit tray is a great option for brunch.

I had a decent day at work. So far I am not booked for next week. We have Monday off for Martin Luther King Day. I have hair and nail appointments in the city tomorrow, and on Monday I see the urologist to set up another bladder scope to see if any cancer is returning.

Today was a special day.The Cruze and I are celebrating one year together. It seems unread that it has been a year since I got that car, one that has been the best car I have ever hadd and I have had more expensive ones.

I did turn on the Q when I got home just in time to see the TSV presented.I'll stick to my Hanes lounge wear as it wears well and is far less expensve. That's all I am saying about the TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda, that is interesting about your mom's house being torn down & a mini mansion going up. Mom's house was 23 years old & a block from a grade school & 2 blocks from the HS.  It seems weird to see mom's house every day when I put my shade up & not popping in often.  I am so glad that the house is still in our family though.

Jean, It sure doesn't seem like you bought your Cruze a year ago.  So glad that you like it so well.  Have fun in the city tomorrow & good luck with your appointment on Monday.