Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Valentine's Day at a Time (Friday, Feb 14th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning shopping friends Heart

When I awoke it was 5 degrees outside (according to my new phone). 

The sun is shining brightly as I await delivery of my Sofft slingback booties that I ordered from shoes dot com.  Heck I don't know what to call them Woman Very Happy

My niece in the woods turns 40 today.  I mailed a card and (I know it was risky) some cash to her on Sunday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Occasional Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Valentine's Day at a Time (Friday, Feb 14th)

She may be suffering from mental illness. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We had an ice storm in the middle of the night and snow. The patio is solid ice but the dogs are doing fine with it. I threw some salt and we are playing ball on the frozen mud part. The driveway is a differnt story. I'm going to put my hiking boots on and take the salt outside as soon as I finish this. Our house sits down from the road so we have a hill of a driveway and a dangerouse curve before you even reach the parking pad. Looks scenic in the summer but deadly in the winter. the big tree that would stop you from going over the hill is gone so always a worry.

If anyone shops Collections, etc. be aware that there is a promo for a "club". I ordered a garden item in December as a gift and a charge appeared on my statement for an additional fee for two months. Some special promo that I did not notice on the website. They credited my charge for both amounts but that's the first time I've had that applied without clicking on a "yest" button. 

Today I'm switching files around from tax time and maybe some dusting. Once I tackle that driveway I won't have enough air in my lungs for anything else. LOL  I may attempt some organizing/decluttering if my storage bags arrive. We'll see how many times the dogs want to play in the snow.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Santangelo   Uh oh, I thought I edited the original post before anyone could provide a response regarding the neighbor.  I don't know what her issue was.  I tried to engage her family and that didn't work.  I rank the cost of that privacy fence as some of the best money I've ever spent in my life.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Five degrees sounds very cold.  It was in the high 30's when I got up, and it may get up to 70 degrees today.  Hope you like your new shoes and your niece has a happy birthday.  

Since I did not see the deleted part of your earlier post, I had a difficult time understanding what wrapdress meant.  I didn't think turning 40 would somehow be associated with mental illness.  Glad you were not referring to your niece, and I am glad you got the fence since your neighbor was a problem.

Glad you and your dogs are having fun on the patio, Fressa.  I hope you do okay with the driveway.  That ice sounds very dangerous.  I am happy you were able to get your account credited by Collections, etc.  I haven't heard of a company doing that either, but I imagine some people don't notice the charges.

My vein procedure went well yesterday, but I had to wear my compression hose last night -- that is always a problem for me since my legs get too hot, but my top is chilly.  Anyway, it was just one night.  I need to wear the hose for two weeks during the day.  I told the doctor about the hose falling down on one leg, and he sold me a sort of roll-on adhesive developed for compression garments, wigs, etc.  So far, it is working great.  I don't need to go back until the Fall at least.  He put on some cotton pads and bandages, and they stayed on even through my shower this morning.  I'll take them off tomorrow for sure. 

I had my Prolia (osteoporosis) shot this morning, and I go back for another in August.  Fingers crossed my next bone density test (should be in September of so) will show improvement so that I can give up these shots.  

I'll be leaving for the grocery store(s) soon.  I have some cleaning and cooking to do later. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe and has a nice weekend.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Congratulations to your son on his new job, Charlene.

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon, everyone. I am home from work early as the teachers had a professional development meeting in the afternoon. I still get paid for a full day but since I am just a sub, I got to go home at the same time as the students.

We have been spoiled this Winter with higher than normal temperatures and no snow. Can't say that is true today. It is in the low 20s, a norm for this time of the year, and it is snowing. Gr-r-r-r-r! Good reason to stay inside a warm house and watch IM.

Bernie-Thank you for starting the thread.  I am sure your sister will appreciate the gift of cash. I also wondered what the "mental illness" reference was all about. 

Linda--I'm glad the vein procedure went well despite the discomfort of wearing the compression hose at night. i tried to get them to give me those shots instead of the pill I take once a week, but apparently the bone density test didn't indicate it was bad enough to permit insurance to pay for it.

Fressa--Sorry about the automatic billing. Sometimes those offers are so "good" only because they hope people don't read the fine print. Too many of them now require you to opt out of future automatic charges, or to notify them to resign from the program.

I am looking at the IM 24/7 ankle pants being offered on clearance price.It is a good deal but I've tried his pants twice and the sizing was off for me despite what the garment measurements said.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - another sunny day here - we're not in a drought exactly, but we could still use more rain.  The pasture seed we planted this year isn't growing very well.  Bummer.  Bernie - I'm sure your niece will get the cash, and I'm glad that the privacy fence was a good investment.  Fressa - must be cold where you live with all that ice.  I think it's easy for companies like the Collections that you mentioned, to have fine print that'll get you subscribed to something.  We consumers have to be ever vigilant.  Linda - I'm glad that your vein procedure went well.  I hope that the Prolia works great for you.  My next physical I think I need to get a Dexascan and see how my bones are doing.  Jean - how nice that you worked a half day but got paid for a full one!

FASHION - A380070 I just bought another pair of these Marc Fisher leather/suede boots that were a TSV a couple of months ago.  The as-is version are $39.  Now, that's a great deal.  Doing a happy dance.  I just wish they had more options available in my size.  For me the only problem is finding the closet space.

Still have the cold and am doing "quiet" chores.  Last night I finished reading the 5th book in the Clare Fergusson series by Julia Spencer-Fleming.  Oh, they are such good books.  Hope you all have a good day!  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

@Fressa  I'm glad you got a refund.  That's pretty sneaky enrolling you in a club without your consent.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   Upper 30's sounds balmy to me right now Woman Wink  I'm glad that your vein procedure went well yesterday and that you don't need to return for a check up until Fall.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad that you were able to get an early start to the weekend.