Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., October 30th)

Hello, hello, hello and how are you today?  It's drizzling on and off outside of my window.  On the bright side, the colors of the autumn leaves on the trees really pop against an overcast sky.

My book from Barnes and Noble has been delayed from a Friday delivery to next week Monday, lol.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., October 30th)

Bird Mama, we got 3 1/2" of snow early yesterday morning.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. & the maples were a beautiful white.  It started late Monday and was out of here very quickly.  I will send it your way because Jean and Linda L don't want it. I hope that you enjoy your new books when you get them.

We got our first snowfall on Monday morning &  it was the 28th day of the month and the moon was 3 days old, so we are supposed to get 31 snowfalls. We are supposed to get 3"-6" by tomorrow afternoon.  It might put our trip to the Capitol City to get the Subaru in jeopardy.  

it's been a busy week.  My DH has been blowing leaves and in the nic of time because the city collected them on Monday morning.

We went to see some good friends on Monday & had a good lunch out. Then us gals got beat at cards.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the senior center for a good ventriloquist show.  Afterwards we had of places to go.  Pharmacy, Dollar Tree, two grocery stores s etc.  I was pooped when we got back home.

Our niece and gn are coming for supper tonight.  I don't know if I told you that she got engaged a few weeks ago & she & her fiance' are going to get remarried on January 4th.  He might be able to have supper with us tonight if his job doesn't interfere.

She is the niece that bought my late mom's house.  I have a cute 🎃🎃🎃 basket for our gn.  She is a cutie.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I ended so abruptly.  I got a call from the UW Clinic and had to talk to my nurse. 

When we were at the National Parks in September one of the park rangers asked me why I didn't have a disability pass which is free & good for life. I told him I didn't know anything about it.  He said to have my neurologist write a letter and tell them what my disability is & the next time we go to a National Park I should give it to the park ranger.

Supper is spaghetti and meatballs with garlic knots, fresh fruit salad and Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I would like to see those pretty leaves, but not the rain.  I just heard about a board game called Wingspan that sounded like it would be very interesting if you are a bird watcher.  Not sure if it would be something of interest to you. 

Sorry about the delay in receiving that book.  Today I received an e-mail from the Q saying that my blowout clearance purchase is not expected for another week or so.  I hadn't noticed that the shipping was slower than normal, and I'm guessing others had been asking why they are still in process.  Not a rush, but....

Wow, twinny.  I had heard about the snow in Colorado, but did not realize that it was in your area.  Definitely try to send it to those who love snow rather than Jean and I who don't.  Not very likely here, since it is not that cold.  We are only supposed to make it up into the 60's today and down into the upper 30's tomorrow.  That is cooler than normal for us, but not snow weather.

Hope you are able to get your new car as planned.  I think it is very exciting.  But, weather can get into the way our our plans.  Do you mean that your niece is re-marrying her ex?  If so, I certainly hope it works out this time.  If not, I hope the new husband is good to her.  Enjoy your dinner and great niece.  I'm sure she is very cute.

I didn't have any big plans for the day, so I was delighted to get into my hairdresser this morning.  My hair was looking pretty good, but I know if I let it go much longer between cuts it can be an issue.  I went to the 99 cent store nearby, and managed to buy some fresh asparagus -- one of my favorite vegetables (maybe favorite) , and a few other items.  Also picked up a Halloween headband to wear to lunch tomorrow with one of my Newcomers groups.  I will not be wearing a costume, but have a Halloween appropriate T-shirt (had been DH's) and socks.  

Still haven't heard from my plumber, so I assume he is away.  I may try to see if I can repair the toilet since it is getting a bit annoying.  I am watching some You Tube videos.  Really wish I had handywoman Bernie here.

I am feeling much better, but still have the phlegm issue.  At least my appetite is coming back.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda, I need a new flapper (the thing that lifts and empties the tank when you flush) for the upstairs toilet and I'm pretty sure I need to replace the works in the downstairs toilet.

I replaced the works in that downstairs toilet in the last couple of years.  I think when we had a water main break a year ago, some kind of sediment got into the thing that feeds the water in the tank.  I've taken it apart twice and it still is loud when the toilet is filling and I can't stand it. Woman Very Happy

As you can tell by this post, I may not know what to call these 'things' but I always manage to find 'em in the store and fix 'em.

Honored Contributor

Twinny, we're expecting a rain/snow mix on Friday and Saturday Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my niece isn't marrying her ex.  She has been dating this fellow for about two years.  He was previously married without children. She has her dd whom will be 6 in about two weeks.  Her ex left her almost 4 years ago.  His mom was an elementary school teacher and our dc both had her.  She was a good teacher.  His dad was a music teacher.  Our niece is a music graduate, so music is a big part of her life.  We wish them the best of luck.  

Bird Mama. I forgot to tell you that we have had a beautiful fall.  The leaves have been pretty everywhere we go for quite a while.  The snow is all gone, but more is on the way.