Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., May 5th)

[ Edited ]

Free Vector | Happy cinco de mayo background

Waving hello...

It was pretty cold (upper 30's) when I awoke this morning.  It felt colder than that with all of the dampness in the air.  It doesn't make one feel festive Woman Wink

I have a $10 reward with JCP that's good through the end of the month so I've been scanning their new arrivals.  I'll post pictures of the items I'm considering (hope I remembered to add them to my wish list).

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., May 5th)

I like this blouse and will probably order it

St. John's Bay-Tall Womens Sleeveless Regular Fit Button-Down Shirt

These are just observations:

a.n.a Short Sleeve Midi A-Line Dress-Tall

For those who like a cotton eyelet fabric ^^ this dress is pretty.  My age is showing when I say, did they forget to put a slip under that?  Woman Happy  

The back of the dress provides the most interesting detail to me

a.n.a Short Sleeve Midi A-Line Dress-Tall

I think this cotton skirt is really pretty

a.n.a Womens Long A-Line Skirt-Tall

Too bad it's not like a perma-press cotton/poly blend.  It's 100% cotton with a little slit

a.n.a Womens Long A-Line Skirt-Tall

This is the coordinating top

a.n.a Tall Womens Square Neck Sleeveless Tank Top

A bra could be tricky on this one plus I haven't worn a smocked top like this since I was a wee child Woman Very Happy

It's nice to see some outfits that appeal to the younger crowd.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and rainy today. The forecast predicts tomorrow to be the only day without rain. I'm crossing my fingers that they are correct about tomorrow. It would be nice to have one day this week for the patio yard to dry out. 

Birdmama--I liked the blouse and the skirt you found. The dress reminded me of a blouse I had years ago but it was bra friendly. You have the best luck at finding items.

I did see part of ITKWM this morning. It's good to see her back on the air. I did order the TSV because the hubby wanted to try it. I think they should do okay in the air fryer. I need a few "quick" items for days when I'm too exhausted from errands or chores.

The A/C check and maintainence went smoothly. The repairman was running behind schedule but the office called with the estimated time he would arrive. I had requested that so I could get the dogs in their kennels. Everything checked out and I didn't need to replace any filters. BONUS!!!  I thought I might get a free pass on that because the unit is new

The next item on the list is either trees or water heater. I'm giving myself a few days before I pick one and make an appointment.  It seems like we're having one of those years when everything is "in need" at the same time. UGH!!!!!

We think the robins and caridnals are still busy with their eggs. We did see our first chickadee yesterda and I thought I saw a finch. If this keeps up, I may have to hang another basket on the porch to accomodate them.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I like the items you are considering.  Good to have a reward.  Certainly sounds cold there.  It is quite warm here with a high of 94 degrees expected.  However, it was pleasant on my early morning walk.

Glad you didn't need to buy filters or have anything else done to your AC, Fressa.  It does seem like the minute you get something in the house done/replaced there is always something in line to do next.  Hope you and your DH like the TSV.

My "screen man" called earlier to say that he had put my screens to the front of the line, and they are ready for pick-up.  I plan to do so in a little while.  Late this afternoon, I have an appointment to pick up my left hearing aid from the audiologist.

Bev and I had a nice visit at Culver's.  Since it was so hot outside, we had our food inside.  They had blocked off tables to allow for social distancing.  And, there were not too many people there.  She has a wonderful attitude.

I had trouble getting into my vegan group Zoom meeting yesterday afternoon, but it was good.  I always get some ideas of things to try.

DD said her sciatica was really acting up, but she managed to get into the chiropractor, and it really helped.  And, DGD has been able to keep food down using the new diet her dietitian suggested.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I've had years like that @Fressa  when appliances peter out or act up one after the other.  

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte 

I'm so sorry that your granddaughter is having such a hard time keeping food down.  You expect issues when you get 'old' and you hate to read about issues like that with someone so young.