Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., May 19th)

Good afternoon or morning depending on your time zone Woman Happy  How is everyone today?  It's nice and sunny with a slight breeze so I have all of the windows open.  I was happy to read that Glenda had a nice time on her trip.

So far, my shopping gene is dormant.  I do have a $10 reward from JCP that I should spend since it takes alot to earn one of those things Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., May 19th)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad your weather is nice. Hope you find a good use for the JCP reward.  I echo your comments about Glenda's trip.

It is pretty warm/hot here already, and I am a bit concerned about going to a picnic for lunch (that it may be too hot).  But, the picnic location is in the mountains, so hopefully it won't be too hot.

DD said she and my SIL were very tired yesterday after getting her COVID vaccine on Monday.  But she is feeling much better today.

I just finished my mediation class, and it was interesting.  Hope that I can get into the practice since it can be very helpful.

Just before class, the hospice coordinator texted me that they needed a volunteer to sit with a patient right away while his wife went out.  I called him to say that it wasn't possible for me this morning, and he said that it could not be delayed.  I am sorry that I couldn't help, but I didn't want to miss my first class.

Hope Jean's procedure goes okay.

I must admit that the TSV really called my name, but I am resisting.  I've been spending a lot on the house lately, and my trash can is in a closet, so beauty isn't too important.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we had rain yesterday and heavy rain this morning before we left for the eye clinic.  It's in the 70's now with 90° heat index by Friday right through the weekend.  Ugh, ugh & ugh!  Have fun with your JCP $10 reward.

Linda L, I am so glad that your dd and  sil were able to get their vaccination.  I think that it's the J & J once and done.  I hope that you enjoy your lunch out today.  

My eye appt went well and we both really like our new optometrist.  He wants me to go back in 6 months for the Field Test, so I have an appt.  in Nov.

Yes, it was nice to get away even though it was only 4 days.  My niece and her dh make it fun for all.  My niece just bought a Mercedes Benz convertible and couldn't wait to give me a ride in it.  I sort of fell in & crawled out.  She is a convertible girl and has had a few over the year's.

We love Eye Sight on our Subaru, but we are still learning how to use some of the bells and whistles.

We stayed at a nice State Park campground on Friday night & my dh had to use the restroom about 3:30 in the morning.  We knew when we left home that we couldn't get out of the side door behind the driver after the doors automatically locked when we went 15 mph.  He just used the other side door.

When I tried to get out at 6:00 none of the doors opened when using the key fob,  so I reached over the front seat to open the doors.  BEEP. BEEP BEEP 4 times.  I hope that I didn't wake anybody up.  That night when we were visiting with my brother, his son's & my nieces dh, they said "oh, there's a thing to lock & unlock on the inside of the back doors.  Sure enough there it was.  Now we have it all figured out.  Ha! Ha!

I thought that my brother's dd and wife were doing school things as their dd is graduating in a couple of weeks.  No. They spent Saturday shopping with the bride to be & her Mom for the two flower girl's dresses. They will be so cute.   Then they  shopped on Sunday for the four brides maids dresses, mob & mog dresses. They all found exactly what they were looking for.  The wedding is May 28th, 2022.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's hot here (in the 70's) and sunny. I have the a/c running and the fan on for the dogs. I'll have it one "super blast" when it really gets hot! LOL We are winter people. 

Most of my QVC ordes arrived today in large delivery. Some I've been waiting for weeks and weeks and others just a few days. I'm so glad that I decided to wait until tomorrow to do the banking. I don't like to have packages sitting on the front porch if I'm not home.

KomKat--I hope your procedure went well. Hopefully, you will have a restful evening.

LindaLatte--The TSV trash can caught my eye and I ordered it. I have a solid wood one from the Amish country that must be 20 years old. I'm going to wipe it down and treat it with lemon oil and move it to the work room. We just have a tiny one in there that hardly holds paper towels. You can see our kitchen trash can from the hallway with our semi-open floor plan. It's always been one of those things that has "bugged" me but there was no other place to put the can. This hopefully will blend into the cabinets. Fingers crossed.

Birdmama--The Don Astlett rug arrived today and is already on the patio wating for dirty paws. Hope you are pleased with yours as well.

Twinny70--It was so good to hear that you enjoyed your trip. I enjoyed your door lock story. I had my BEEP BEEP BEEP alarm go off in the supermarket parking lot when I was opening up the trunk to load groceries. Turns out there are 2 buttons for release. I hit the other one with my finger by accident and the auto button  which triggered the alarm. Now I just have to learn when to hit which button. LOL    

The robin has babies in her nest. We don't know what happened to the cardinals. A finch is making a nest on the shepherds hook with the clematis. This is the most activity we've had with birds nesting. The rabbits are having a good feast in all the gardens.

Have a good afternoon/evening.