Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time ( Weds., May 15th)

Good afternoon all,  it was sunny and pretty here until about 5 minutes ago.  I had some of the windows opened (just a smidge) throughout the house this afternoon.  I was going to hang a couple of items outside on the line to dry and I'd swear the sky darkened in the time it took me to walk downstairs and grab some clothespins Woman Surprised

I hope that everyone is having a great day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time ( Weds., May 15th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry the weather changed on you just as you were going to dry some things outside.

The temp was a chilly 39 this morning but has since warmed up to the 60s. I worked today and just got home in time to take a call from the Surgical Center where I will be having another bladder cancer checkup in a couple of weeks. Same questions they always ask, which I know they have on file, but I guess they have to double check to see if any info has changed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's another beautiful sunny upper 60's day.  I hung out 3 loads of laundry early on Monday and had it dried and put away before we left for the Capitol City.  Starting tomorrow it's supposed to be rain here & t there.

Jean, good luck  your upcoming appointment.  Hopefully spring will be coming your way sooner rather than later.

It's been a busy week here.   We  had a  nice time at our dgs's band concert on Monday night.  My DH  had his  labs & 6 month follow-up yesterday & all is well there.  

We had my cousin's luncheon today which is always a fun time.  I got my haircut this a.m. & I feel like a new lady.

We are packed up and ready to leave tomorrow morning getting 1/2 way to S. IL & having a nice Amish lunch and then getting a motel for the night.  Then my DH wants to go to Casey before going to our gn's graduation 🍕🍕🍕 party.  It's a fun town to visit.  We are staying with my niece on Friday night & then heading to KY on Saturday   

My brother & two of his son's are meeting us down there while his Paducah son is driving over to meet all of us.  My brother told me some exciting news about his ds that works at a Paducah TV station.  He  was chosen by the AP (?)as the top newscaster in a three state region & was honored at a huge banquet.  We haven't seen our nephew's since Christmas, so we have a lot to catch up on.  Its too bad that my brothers wife and daughter can't come, but she has finals on Friday.

It looks like we will be having 80's for most of our vacation, so I will definitely be hunting for shade &  some nice beaches.

If all goes well, we will be gone for two weeks.  I will read & post when I can.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry about the unexpected rain, Bernie.  We had nice weather here today -- started off a little cool, but warmed up nicely.  It is certainly much better walking around the city when it isn't rainy.  I am amazed at how much they have fit into this trip -- keep us very busy to say the least.  

Hi Jean.  Good luck with your test.  Hope your weather warms up for good.

Have a great trip twinny!  Congratulations to your nephew.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda