Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds. March 25th)

Hello all,

Now that I've seen the upcoming TSV from Dooney and Bourke, I decided to stimulate the economy another way Woman Very Happy

Franco Sarto (dot com) refunded my debit card for the t-strap shoes that were too big on my feet.

I placed an order for these at DSW

Image result for seneca t-strap dsw

I scored 30% off and free shipping - total cost $30.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds. March 25th)

Bernie--Thanks for starting the thread. I really like those shoes; hard to believe that you got them for that low price. You are good at finding the deals and helping the economy.

Greetings. shopping friends. I've been up since 4am so it will be a long day. We are in the second day of "Stay at Home" except for essential services. I knew I had packages at the Post Office so I did go and pick them up. I got the SG striped capris plus the Calista curling brush. The capris are a perfect fit and would have been great for the now non-existant travel we had planned.

I just got a phone call from the drugstore that a prescription was ready to be picked up. This must be the routine refil of a drug I didn't consider essential to maintain life when I asked the insurance company to override the computer so that I could have an early refill just in case it would be hard to get the drugs later. I read too many apocalyptic books that deal with survival, so I wasn't taking a chance. I guess I now make another run today. 

I wouldn't mind having the TSV but I can't trust myself to ration them out. I have coming to me in a couple of weeks the Cheryl cookies auto delivery. Those were so good and I was good at permitting myself  one a day.

I have used the folded paper towels in white that I ordered from Amazon. They are good for cleaning, and definitely for drying hands. I think there are 1440 of them so at 10 a day, they should last 144 days but I anticipate using more. The positive in addition to the aborption and cleaning, they are more cost effective than paper towel rolls.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Nice shoes and great price.  

It is sunny here at the moment, and they are predicting our high temperature to be in the low 80's.  Big change coming tomorrow and Friday, when our high is expected to be in the 50's. I definitely plan on spending some time outdoors today -- walking and perhaps reading.

Sorry you got up so early, Jean.  My sleep schedule is way off -- I am sleepy quite early, and fall asleep while reading, etc.  Then, I wake up and don't go to bed until late.  I'm trying to be kind to myself and avoid too much exposure to the news.  Glad you were able to get your mail and will be getting your prescription.  Lunches are supposed to be ready for pick-up today, so I will be going out to get my supply.  

Speaking of essential businesses, my second DGS works at a HVAC business, and they are considered "essential".  Unfortunately, he is head of HR, and the "essential" employees are not happy and taking it out on them.  Not fun.

Our State has still not instituted the closure of non-essential businesses, but locally they have done so.  The governor did designate some businesses as "essential" (I guess just in case), and some of the local officials are outraged that he has designated payday lenders and golf courses as essential.  

I have never ordered candy from the Q, but I looked at the TSV and wondered if this was a time to treat myself.  However, I don't like certain types of chocolate, and that much chocolate would take me a very long time to consume.  We need to be careful with things like chocolate here since melting is a great possibility during our warmer months.  I know some vendors will not ship items to Arizona in the summer unless they have dry ice, etc.

One good thing about the virus is that it gave me the time and motivation to figure out how to use my Halo Bolt Charger to jump start the car.  Hopefully, I will not need to do that any time soon, but.....

I am certain you are sad that your niece is selling her house (your Mom's old house I believe), twinny.  But hope the new family who moves there enjoy it very much.

Try to stay safe, Marijane -- sounds like your area has been hit hard by the virus already.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I was up super early again today. UGH!! I used the extra time to get the laundry room in order and make a path in there before I do some steaming/ironing. I don't have much but I think that's why I keep pushing it back on my list.

Today is cloudy and cool. We have some showers but at least the cement has time to dry a bit before the next round. I hope the forecast is correct for then remainder of the week with dry weather. The temps are more Spring like but I can handle that better than so much water on the ground. 

I talked to my dil last night who confrimed that our son has his last pt session this week. They will decide if he needs additional sessions for his "frozen shoulder".It's helping as well as the anti inflamatory medication. Fingers crossed.

We saw a report this morning that the number of cases in our county doubled this week. I'm rethinking my grocery store trips and may use another option. Today I'm going to either steam the den floor,iron or dust one of the rooms. I decided this morning that it should be one room or one floor every other day or so. That's my revised schedule. LOL 

I did the drive thru banking yesterday and was surprised at the lines. Honestly, it looked like some people were getting quite a bit of cash. You could see these wads of money being pulled from the canister. It was a little unnerving. I thought that if people were nervous about the banks that we would have seen it in the beginning. Maybe they just saw the virus report count before I did. 

Stay home and comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading your posts each night and it sounds like you are keeping yourselves busy one way or another 

We are on day 12 of only going to the grocery store once a week on Thursday morning which is less busy than Mon-Fri.

The spring cleaning job is going well and we should be done by tomorrow 

I have a few things to hot glue, but everything else is in good shape.  I have been using the Aleene's glue gun kit that I bought years ago when her show was on TV & I watched it every day.

Today is our ds and ddil's 14th wedding anniversary.  It was a lovely destination wedding in St. Thomas.  I still have the 2 piece tea length ensemble in aqua blue that came from JCP.  My first & only Breezie's purchase was the TSV aqua blue bra.  Yes, I went prepared.  Lol

My DH walks each day and my exercise right now is spring cleaning.  It's been mild and we are supposed to be in the 50's-60's all of next week.  I am waiting for 🌞🌞🌞.

Our Gov. is taking things seriously & issued a statement yesterday saying that he wants all unnecessary places to close & everybody to keep doing the quarantine until April 20th.  That's a long time, but we will get through it all together.

It's lunch time, hot tub time & pork chops for supper.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, that Frank Sart strappy heel is beautiful. I really like the neutral color too.

Jean. I have been sleeping pretty good.  I think that the spring cleaning is making a difference.  The TSV looks so good.  Our local Walgreen's left a message yesterday saying that they wanted everybody to use the drive thru for rx's, necessary shopping items etc. & only wanted people to go into the store if necessary.  I am taking their advice and will try to get a few things tomorrow morning.  I am planning to go to only one grocery store tomorrow too.

Linda L, we had fog this morning, but now it's 🌞🌞🌞.  Yes, that's our niece that bought my mom's house.  It was built in 1992 & mom was the only one that lived in it.  It's in a good location, so I hope that it sells quickly.  It's good that your dgs is still able to work yet.  My fear is that a lot of places that are closed for now, might not be able to reopen.  We are trying to support several of our favorites 

fressa, one job or room a day works good around here.  I am one that puts small jobs on the back burner too.  We went past a drive thru bank this afternoon and there were only 2 cars in line.  We were coming back home from getting our Artesian water at a nearby town.  We were the only two there, but there was an older couple fishing.  I am glad that your ds is able to get his pt.  We got an email from our ds this afternoon and he said that he isn't treating patients for a few weeks,  but he & the other Dr's. are helping to renovate an older hospital for future use.  What a good idea.  Our ddil is a critical care nurse and very busy.  Luckily they are still healthy.  His warning to us was to stay in as much as possible.  

It was so good to get in the Subaru & go somewhere where we felt safe.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I should have been clearer about the shoes, lol.  Brand name is Abella - style name Seneca.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fressa--Sorry you got up so early but you put the time to good use. I know it may seem tempting to use all your time at home to do chores or other tasks but there is something to be said about pacing yourself. About the cash being seen withdrawn, some people get very nervous when there is a threat to society, such as the virus now does.  I think it goes back to the notion that "cash talks," and if the system goes down than "cash talks."

Twinny--Congrats to your ds and his wife on their anniversary. You have such great memories of that wedding, but so many who planned weddings for this  year are being disappointed and having problems getting the weddings rescheduled. Our Walgreens doesn't have a drive thru window, so we have to go inside the store, which I guess would present temptation to buy other items. I saw they had milk available today but the grocery items are a little pricey.

Linda--That certainly is a big temperature change in one day. Shipping chocolate in the Summer is not a good idea when it has to sit in a UPS truck. Heat is not kind to it. I know during the presentation today they talked about the delivery schedule in terms of the effect of the heat. Payday lenders, which we do not have, may be considered as "financial lenders" like banks but we all know they aren't in the same league.

The Gov. had his daily update today. Essentially, he was moving the date of State tax return  filiing to match that of the Federal, and also is requesting that schools remain closed until April 20.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@twinny70   I should have been clearer about the shoes, lol.  Brand name is Abella - style name Seneca.  

Bird Mama, & I missed spelling Sarto.  I was in a hurry and didn't proofread good enough.  Still,  they are a cute shoe