Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., December 4th)

[ Edited ]

Happy Hump Day Woman Happy

It's dreary and cold here.  I had so many recyclables it was ridiculous so I stopped in at the recycling center and then went to Meijer's to do some grocery shopping.  I was going to be lazy and pick up some American Greetings brand cards for my nieces but the selection was lousy. 

Hallmark it is Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., December 4th)

Bernie--Sorry about your dreary day. You gave American Greetings a chance but apparently  they didn't meet the standards you see in Hallmark. I haven't been in a Hallmark store for over a year. I don't even know if there is  still one in the mall. I now only frequent the mall when I get my nails done, or to see a movie. At that time, I may check out some stores.

I worked today and have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. The temps here today were about 15 degrees higher than yesterday and we had sunshine, which is always welcomed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you were able to drop off your recyclables.  Like you, I am very picky about cards, so I can take a ridiculously long time shopping for just the right one(s).

I didn't have any big plans for the day, and decided to go to Costco (it is about 35-40 miles away).  Boy, was it crowded.  I can't imagine going there on a special shopping day like Black Friday.  I pretty much stuck to my list, but ended up buying two types of batteries rather than just one (AA and AAA), since they were on sale.  I spent quite a bit, but I think I did better than shopping elsewhere for things like trash bags and Brita filter refills.  

While I thought about stopping on the way back for lunch or to go to the Dollar STore, I decided just to come home.

It was grey and sprinkling this morning, but it has warmed up and the sun is out.  I heard on the radio that December is typically our most cloudy month.  Not all bad, since we can have beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Yesterday's sunrise was particularly beautiful.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Jean.  Glad your weather is better today.  Good luck at your doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I think it is just a routine visit, correct?

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's been days since I posted because I was in my holiday frenzy. I did get the outside front and back decorated and a tree in the stand in the living room. and den. I still have the family room tree to get into the stand but that's for another day. I have to decorate 2 of the trees and decorate the entry, etc.  I did too much already because my back and knees are soar. I've been using that Formula 88 on them at night.

I got the list from our grandson who had it organized this year for the entire family. It was the longest list I've seen in years. I think I was in shock for a few days. LOL I do most of my shopping via the internet because between my breathing and my leg it's difficult to go to the stores. I have most of that done with just a few more things to purchase. I was stressing so much because delivery is always a guessing game. I don't even want to think about wrapping it all.

The weather here was snowy and cloudy today with cool temps. It looks like it's going to stay that way for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it does. I can get so much acccomplished if the temps are cool. Crossing my fingers for some luck there.

I love the Hallmark store. That's on my list of stops for this week. I have all the special birthday and Christmas cards to purchase so I'm hoping to do it in one trip. December is a big birthday month for us as well as Christmas so I have lists for both. Ha ha!!

Have any of you been watching the holiday movies on the Hallmark channel?  They really have become a nice movie channel. I enjoy them. They put my husband and dogs to sleep within 10 minutes because there are no loud noises or shouting.LOL 

Have a good evening and hope everyone is able to get some sleep. 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa   i don't have cable so I miss out on the Hallmark movies.  There are over the air channels called ION and ION Plus that have been playing Christmas romance movies since the beginning on November (at least it feels that long, lol).  ION Plus started early, ION started on Thanksgiving.  I wouldn't mind watching them if they weren't so corny. Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I've watched a few of those movies on my channel 833 or something. I put on the movie and get my tea and then wash my face, etc. etc. LOL