Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, September 27th

Hello all - not too much on my shopping radar today.  I was offline yesterday and missed these new indoor/outdoor birds by Plow and Hearth (they sold out).  Goodness knows I have enough of the real thing (birds) that visit all year long.  I think the temps will start falling today so I could be going from A/C to furnace, depending on what the overnight low is supposed to be. 

Plow & Hearth Set of 2 Indoor/Outdoor Oversized Christmas Birds - H211617

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, September 27th

Bird Mama, those Plow & Hearth birds are so Darling. It was in the 50's last night & should be around 70° today.  It is so nice having the windows open day & night.  We got no rain last night & don't expect any all week, but it may be in the upper 60's Friday & Saturday.  Ahhhhh, then 70's-80's all next week.

I felt so good this morning that I walked early.  After breakfast, I washed the shades in our bedroom, my bathroom & my shower curtain.  It is a beautiful breezy sunny day.

I am doing some dusting & rearranging some of my fall things, since the windows are bare.    I know, boring, but I enjoy housework.  I picked the remaining tomatoes this morning & will soon be cooking & freezing them.

Tomorrow I need to steam mop the floors.  Then we are going out for lunch with friends.  Then us gals are hoping to beat the guys at cards.

My DH is waiting to get a call saying that our Subaru is ready to be picked up.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Bernie..cute birds..I don't think I watched q yesterday when I heard it was another Christmas Day.   it is also very hot/humid here,has been all week,I had the pool company come and close our pool yesterday...so now when I look out my kitchen window all I see is the pool cover no nice water!  If I knew it was going to stay so warm I may have put it off another week.but it needed more water and I really didn't want to put more money into it just for a few days more of floating.  I can always run to the beaches in town if it gets unbearable.

Sounds like you have a great vacation Linda and I happy to hear your DH is doing well.

Jean glad you were able to change your vacation plans without too much trouble and expense.  I have been to Seattle several times and enjoyed the city.  it will be great to meet with Kathleen while there.

Twinny I hope your GS is improving and your DD doesn't run herself down in caring  for him.     HAve a nice visit with your family when you go there this weekend.   our temps are suppose to start cooling down this weekend...feeling more fall like.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I am hoping that no news today is good news.

Our dd  said that she got a nice shower bench from a borrow closet in their hometown.  The problem with going back to school is that the halls are very long & even with extra time our dd says that he won't last until noon.  She said it is like taking care of a baby, except he can tell them what's wrong.  She said just giving him a shampoo was quite an ordeal.  Showering is another story!

He has wonderful friends & teachers so that is a blessing. I am glad that our dd & sil both work from home.  We plan to go see them on Friday.  Maybe we can be useful.

It is pleasantly cool today & I am loving it.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Keeping busy doing inside chores. Looking forward to Fall weather by end of week!

Image result for happy wednesday images

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Those birds are cute, but you do have the real thing.  Hope your weather is more to your liking tomorrow.  It is pretty nice here -- cool at night and in the morning.  But, it is pretty warm/hot this afternoon.

Glad you felt so good this morning, twinny.  I remember well the shower chair duty with DH.  I don't envy your DD one bit.  But, at least your DGS will be getting better in time.  I wish I enjoyed housework, but not at all the case.  I do enjoy baking and cooking, but the cleaning part never seems much fun to me.

I hope your weather improves, Marijane.  It is always difficult deciding when to close down a pool, but at least you have some other options.

Cute graphic,meallen.  Hope you get the Fall weather as predicted.

Sorry you had a difficult class today, Jean.  Hopefully, you will have better luck when you sub again.

My dental visit (cleaning) went well this morning, and it was good to visit DH at lunchtime.  He was pretty sleepy before and after lunch, but he ate well.  He eats quite slowly, so I need to be very patient. 

I bought a couple of plants, and still need to plant one of them.  Interestingly enough, there was a pretty good selection of tomato and pepper plants.  Our seasons are certainly mixed up.  LOL

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda