Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, September 19th

Good Morning, Ladies!  We are having a rare cloudy day here with a 90 percent chance of rain.  So far, just light sprinkles, but we are under a flash flood watch starting this afternoon.  The high for the day is predicted to be in the 80's rather than the 100 degree temperatures we had for the past few days.  We can certainly use the rain, so I am not complaining.  It was pretty nice on my walk this morning, and I didn't even need my sunhat.

Sorry the watch did not work out for you, Jean.  I really hate it when companies put labels with tiny letters/numbers on them.  Hope you find a better option.  I had my flu shot yesterday, but the pharmacist said they (and most of the country) are out of the shingles vaccines.  Apparently, it is quite effective and there just was not enough to satisfy the need.  He said it may be December before they have the vaccine back in stock.

Good luck at the dentist, Charlene.  Glad you got so much done around the house.

Nothing exciting planned here.  I need to pick up some birthday cards, so I may go to the card store later if the rain isn't too strong.  The estate settling process is certainly complicated.  I finally received the checks for the trust account yesterday, and they misspelled DH's name.  I'm trying to get some assistance with that problem.  Meanwhile, they didn't send any deposit slips so I ended up calling the broker to find out how to make a deposit.  Good thing they sent me a PDF deposit slip that I could fill out.

On the really positive side, Army DGS found out that he will not need to go to Afghanistan after all.  He does need to go to a couple of stints in December and January which will complicate going to college and his job.  But, I am very relieved he will not be going to a war zone.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, September 19th

Hi Linda @LindaLatte and thanks for starting the thread today.  I hope that you get the rain you need minus the flash floods.  Regarding watches, I no longer try to replace the battery myself.  There's a watch/clock place that is not that far from me and I pay the guy there to do it.  It's difficult to get the back off without scratching the heck out of it.

I can relate about the spelling errors on official paperwork.  I think what really got/gets next to me is that for many transactions I handed over a drivers license for either DH or myself.  Names are spelled correctly there so how in the heck did/do they get it wrong on paperwork?

Great news about DGS :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were supposed to get some rain this  morning, but haven't gotten any.  There is a good chance of getting some tonight and tomorrow.  We are in the 70's which is nice.  Sorry about the mispelling on the estate papers.  I am glad that your dgs won't be going to Afghanistan.  

Bird Mama, did you get any of our rain?  At least it has cooled down around here.

My DH & I were watching TPIR when a special report came over.  There is a live report still going on about a shooting in a town near the Capitol City.  It is very near a shopping center that we have been to often.  5 shot & the entire area is on lockdown.  That is where I like to go to DSW, Home Good's, Marshall's and Tuesday Morning.  Prayers for all involved.  

My DH is doing a bit better each day.  I am still a little bit physically, emotionally and mentally fatigued, but doing my  normal routine around here.  

The fun news from our dd yesterday was that our 15 year old dgs asked a girl to his HS Homecoming Dance to be held at the end of September.   She is a young lady that he met at his sumner job and they are in band together.  Our eldest dgs asked a girl to his HS Homecoming Dance when he was a frosh & hasn't been to a dance since.

My DH has a Dr. checkup and chest X-Ray scheduled for Friday.  If the results are good & he gets his Dr.'s o.k., we are going to watch Christopher play soccer.  He will be playing against our hometown.   

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Still hot and humid in New Jersey,

http://cache.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/273044-Hugs-From-Me-To-You.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you do not get a flash flood. Good on getting the flu shot. I also have mine out of the way and just recently go the new Shingles shot. Just need to get the second one in two months. It is great that DGS will not be going to a war zone. I do hope  the other alternatives do not creat major conflicts for him.

Bernie--I've aways gone to a jeweler to get watch batteries changed. I don't have the tiny things needed to do that plus the charge for doing it is less than $10. One jeweler used to do it free in hopes that you would come back and buy more. Said jeweler wised up and wanted a $29 charge to change a battery. I'm now usiing the most expensive jewelry store which charged me $8. They are having a sale now, so I might stop in this weekend and see if any watches qualify.  

Twinny--You were fortunate not to be shopping at that center when the shootings took place. One never knows anymore what awaits them when venturing out. I do hope DH's appointment goes well.

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphiic. I agree that the humidity is getting old. At least, we don't have rain today.

I worked today but it was a  half day as teachers had professional development workshops this afternoon. I do work tomorrow. The watch is on its way back via UPS. It was a great watch but apparently I didn't see any reviews that might have stated how tiny the engraving was on the back. It would have helped if the required numbers to registser the watch and also to set the it were in a contrasting color. I've never had a watch in which the method of setting depended upon the exact model and number. I had planned for this watch to last me for years.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Now this is what I call a rapid refund. I just got an email from Amazon that they had refunded me for the watch based upon it being on its way to them via UPS tracking. I ordered the watch on Sunday, got it on Tuesday, printed out my return label on Tuesday and dropped the package off at the local UPS pickup place at 12:30 Eastern time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.