Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, Sept 29th)

Good Morning, here's hoping this post stays around, lol.  It's been quiet here.  My large LG TV petered out last Thursday night - I had audio and no video.  I tried lots of things and then realized it was a gonner.  I needed a new TV stand to accommodate the leg designs on the newer TVs (mine was from 2013) so I ordered a ready to assemble Sauder TV stand that I've wanted in the smoked oak color for some time.  I had to wait for it to come back in stock.

I received it on Monday and assembled it yesterday morning before the garbage crew came by for pick up.

North Avenue TV stand in Smoked Oak

It's a simple design and more or less blends in with the rest of the room, which is what I wanted - the old TV stand really stood out like a sore thumb.  Weather has been good, furnace has been running (especially at night) since it was installed.

No complaints.  How are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, Sept 29th)

Bernie--I really like that TV stand. I've been considering getting a new TV as they may be in short supply if mine dies of old age, 

I'm like Susan, my life this summer has been spent decluttering. If I feel better, I am going to tackle the garage for at least an hour today.

I met with the orthopedic surgeon yesterday for about 45 minutes for additional x-rays and him explaining what would be done in the surgery by using a model to demonstrate each step. The surgery is still scheduled for Oct. 25 but that would be dependent upon Covid and available hospital rooms. Yesterday, there was "no room in the inn." Next Tuesday, I do pre-surgery testing of blood work, etc.

I also had lunch with a cousin I hadn't seen for some time, so it involvefd us talking for 3 hours at lunch. There was no crowd so we were not pressured to give up our seat.

It won't be long before price increases go into effect for shipping and continued price increases for goods and groceries. It definitely will be a time to closely monitor the budget. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and so far zero rain in the forecast. YIPPEE!  It's cool enough that the a/c is not running......yet.

Birdmama-You did a great job with the tv stand. I have found it difficult to find tv stands in the past years. I think because most of the stores that used to sell them either don't or have gone out of business. When we replaced our family room tv the priority was that it had to fit the existing stand.  Sauder brand has been good with us as well.

I'm not sure what I will tackle today. I have a billing question to handle  so I don't know how long that will take to clear up the confusion. I should pay some attention to the weeds in the front but I don't have enough energy for that job. I may finish the Fall decorating of the front porch and make a new wreath for the door. Decluttering is always calling my name but that will depend on my energy.  The dogs had me up at 4,5 and 6AM this morning. UGH!! Don't know what was running around outsdie but I sure hope it ran far, rar away for tomorrow morning. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat----It sounds like progress with your knee surgery so that's encouraging. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it proceeds as planned.

I read that article about the increases in shipping costs. I have a few other small gifts to  purchase and then I'll relax. I figure if I can't find whatever is on the Christmas lists this year then I'll give gift cards. I'm determined that I'm not going crazy trying to find something on the lists this year. Our "kids" are adults but they actually prefer gifts to $$ or gift cards. Go figure. This year may have to be different. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, that's a beautiful TV stand & it's a lovely accent to your room.  How am I doing???  Good question.

I shampooed the carpet in our family room and the guest bedroom on Monday and Wednesday.  We both did our separate walks on Tuesday & today & went to the gym on Tuesday and yesterday.   I did lots of laundry this week and it dried beautifully outside.  

On Monday night, my dh said that he was hungry for a burger in Moonshine (population of 2 people), so off we go tomorrow morning.  It's near Casey, IL. It's only open from 7 am-1 so our Burger lunch will be on Friday.  Tomorrow we are going to Arcola and Arthur.  They are small Amish towns, so we are hoping to get a good lunch there tomorrow.

On Saturday after lunch, we are going to my nieces home.  We are planning to get back home sometime on Monday.

We headed to the gym after lunch today and it said "closed no power ". Then we drove to the gas station and same thing.  Then we drove to 2 cheese factories and got my niece her Limburger & her family Muenster with the orange rind.

Fressa, I am not a DIY person.  I am going to repaint my dh's bathroom when I feel like it.  Right now, I am painted out & carpet shampooing out.

Susan, your post's make me smile😋😋😋.  The past 20 months have been pretty boring here too and we are trying to get back into the travel mood.  

Supper is leftovers thank goodness.  

Our weather has been great and we are trying to make the most of it.  I don't ever remember a September that's been this nice.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  I love the new TV stand, I like the simple lines.  We got a new TV a couple weeks ago, it was doing funky things and we decided to get a new one while there were some still in stock.  When we were in Best Buy the shelves werre very empty.  Our furnace has been running in the mornings, but we have had beautiful weather here.  This is my favorite time of year.

Jean - I hope everything goes well for you for your surgery.  It is a good thing you are planning ahead for the recovery.  Glad you had such a good time with your cousin, it was nice you could spend so much time at the restaurant without worrying about being rushed out. 

Fressa - Sorry the dogs had you up so much, hopefully they will behave tonight.  Hope you can resolve the billing problem. I have started my Christmas shopping now just incase there is a shortage in what I am looking for.  For the most part, we give money (that take care of alot of problems).  

Twinny - You have been busy.  As soon as we get our familyroom patched and painted I am going to do the carpet there.  Hope you have a fun and safe trip there, I am so ready to go somewhere, but have no place to go.  When we got our dog  a couple years ago, we were going to take her to the kennel and get her used to going there - Then - Covid struck.  She has been around us constantly and I don't think she would do well at the kennel.  Not sure what we are going to do when go to travel next year.  

Not much happening here.  Not doing much, but the day seems to slip away from me.  I need to start making lists again and getting some more things done.  I do have to say I have been enjoying opening the windows and letting the fresh air in.  

I hope eveyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I like your new TV stand.  You are so talented with those sorts of projects.  If I need a new TV and stand, I will need to find someone to put the stand together for me.  I think my TV may need to be replaced soon, but I haven't looked to see if any are available for sale.  I have a small second TV in the bedroom (rarely use) that is quite old, but still seems to be working okay.  So, if the "newer" one (2010) dies, I can just move it to the living room until I find a larger one.

Really hope your surgery goes as scheduled, Jean.  Nice that you were able to have lunch with your cousin.

Sorry your dogs got you up so early, Fressa. I thought it might have been the same nail file that I ordered.  It was very strange how the order status kept changing.  Good idea not to stress about gifts this year.  

You have been busy, Glenda.  Hope you are able to go to the places you want to go, and there are no more glitches like the power being off.

I know my dogs hated going to the kennel, Susan.  They usually got revenge when they got home.  Sorry you didn't have a chance to get your dog accustomed to the idea.  I was pretty anxious about traveling, but so far, so good.  

Today, we went to Antelope Canyon, which was amazing.  The Native American guide we had was a wonderful photographer, and took several pictures for me using my phone.  He did the same for others in the group.  Masks were required, and they limited the number of people who could go on the tour at one time.  Our group needed to be split up because it was too large.

Tonight we are back at the first place, but my room is nicer. Hopefully, I will manage to stay in bed tonight.  I leave on the airport shuttle early tomorrow morning, and should make it home (fingers crossed) in the afternoon.  I'm guessing the weeds will be a challenge.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---You have been very busy with your travels for a meal and fun. Hope the weather cooperates for your trip to see your niece. 

I have to agree that scrubbing carpets is zero fun. I swear by my Bissell machines but by the time I get finished with them all I am so happy to see them back in the closet. One would think it should be the same as pushing the vacuum but that back and forth to empty the tank and get clean water wears thin by trip#3. 

Right now I'm in paint chip blurr.....I stopped making trips to the hardware store for the paint strips and decided to look on line. There are 3 brands that I like to use and they are sold at 3 different stores here. My gut is telling me to pick  colors from the closest store just in case we need to make a run for more paint. (Been there and really don't want to repeat that "fun"....I figure we have a 50/50 chance of that happening again. LOL