Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, October 5th

@LindaLatte, I also hope it is just a passing thing for your DH. Good luck to you both.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I had to get moving, I have been doing so much sitting lately that I felt like I was growing roots, lol. So I dug up the plants in pots and added them to the brushpile, loaded the back of my car with cardboard and 2 boxes for donations, will take to those places in the morning, then I finished up the laundry and cleaned the kitchen. I feel better now, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

I'm sorry to read that your beloved is going through an agitated time right now.  I can imagine how unsettling it is for you when he is trying to communicate something that probably makes sense to him in his head but is coming out confused.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  You certainly sound busy at work.  It figures that would happen in the insurance business.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I have to admit it has been an unsettling day for me.  When I visited DH yesterday, he was pretty agitated/nervous, and he was talking a lot.  That is quite unlike him -- for at least a year, he has not talked much at all.  While I like him to talk, he wasn't making much, if any sense.  And, I was concerned about one of the caregivers as well as another resident.  Long story.

I called the hospice nurse this morning (another long story), and she told me that the hospice caregiver said DH did not want to get out of bed this morning for the facility caregiver.  So, the hospice caregiver got him up, but he was very shaky.  When I went to visit him, the facility caregiver (different one) told me that he was having trouble walking in the morning, and they used the wheelchair.  Also, he was anxious, so they gave him medicine. 

He was still anxious when I was there -- at least shaky, and had trouble walking.  He also talked quite a bit -- mostly not making much sense.  I called the hospice nurse, and she said she will try to get there this afternoon.  While I was not planning to return today, I think I'll do so just in case she is there.

Hopefully, this is just a passing thing, and DH will be fine.  But, I am understandably worried about him.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Prayers for you & your DH that the agitation is a thing of the past.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I arrived, the hospice nurse was there.  She said DH was still agitated, but she thought it all had to do with different caregivers (there has been lots of turnover lately) and different ways that they are handling him -- like using the gait belt, etc.   All his vital signs are okay.  She gave the caregivers some hints on how to handle him, and she will return tomorrow.  I fed him dinner, and he ate fine.  There was a male caregiver there -- mostly to help a different resident, but he helped me get DH up and down from the chair.  DH seemed to be better when I left, and I'll meet the hospice nurse there tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks for your prayers and good wishes.