Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, October 5th

Hello all, I hope each of you is having a decent day.  The sun is shining here, so that helps, lol.  Work is crazy busy -- 4th quarter is a hopping time in health insurance with all of our group customers making changes to their health plans for next year.

The lead approval thing I am doing is really heating up.  Wow, so much work to lead review, it's somewhat infringing on the project work I need to complete for January 1st.  I just tell myself, one non standard rider at a time Bernie :-)

It will be done in time because failure is not part of my vocabulary at work, he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, October 5th

Hello everyone and thanks @Bird mama for the start. Sounds like you are very busy with work. At least the days fly by, that's always the best part of being that busy. I'm sure you will get everything done that is on your plate.

We had rain overnight and very early morning, but it is sunny now, a little humid, but not bad. about 75 degrees, kind of perfect.

I have been trying to get my usual household chores caught up, laundry, straightening, etc. Nothing exciting, that's for sure. Nothing going on here today to talk about really.

Hubby went back to work, so it's back to normal.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,  your job sounds very busy.  I remember how crazy busy my job was from October- December as Christmas was our busy time too.  I worked for many years for a large mail order company.  They are celebrating 90 years this year & it all started in a basement.

My condolences to SNICK's  & her family on the passing of her bil.

Yesterday was busy in the Capitol city getting an oil change, free car wash, lunch out & some shopping.

Today of course the Subaru got rained on.  Now it is 70's & Sunny.

Tomorrow DH & are going to see his mom & taking her for a nice lunch.

I am patiently waiting for the lawyer to call me for hopefully my last appointment.

Dinner is BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes & fresh green beans.  

I have a minor cold so I am staying out of the hot tub for a few days.  I get my next infusion on Monday & my flu shot on Wednesday, so I need to be healthy.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70, thank you.
Glad you had a good day out yesterday. Stay healthy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's, we were posting at the same time.  It is nice getting back to normal.  Once mom was gone, it was a huge load off of my & DH's shoulders. I still miss her a !ot, but she is in a much better place with my dad.

I got interrupted as the oil man just left.  Oil prices are reasonable & we were down to 1/4 of a tank.  It should last all winter unless it is real cold.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/564920346983249421/

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I like it that failure is not a word in your vocabulary. Yes, the last quarter is definitely a busy time in the insurance world from all the info sent to people to the changes they make. I can't imagine the work load for you.

Snicks--It may not be earth shattering but keeping the routine work around the house done prevents things from getting out of hand.

Twinny--Did you wash the car? It is almost a rule that the minute that you wash the care it is a signal for rain to begin. Around here, that is guaranteed to get the car dirty from road mess being splashed on car, etc.

meallen--Thank  you for the lovely graphic.

I worked today and just arrived at home.  I stopped at the Post Office and to my surprise, the TSV boots that shipped two days ago were awaiting me. I haven't opened the package as it can wait until I have more energy. Right now, I just want to rest.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean n Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, October 5th

Jean, we took the Subaru in for an oil change yesterday & they always give us a coupon for a free car wash, 2 stop lights down the street.  They do a great job inside & outside.  Then today while we were out & about we got a brief shower.  DH used the chamois to dry it off.   The sun came out after lunch & it is a beautiful 70's day.  I hope that your boots are winners.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jean n Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, October 5th

I haven't gotten around to opening the package but while I was at the car, I had three messages from three different health providers wanting me to call them. Of course, if I had not gone to the car they would not have called. Now, I have to find time to call them which was ASAP according to them. I know two of them have to do with the upcoming bladder cancer check, and the other one is just a friendly reminder for me to confirm an appointment. If I work tomorrow, I will have to call from work.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  You certainly sound busy at work.  It figures that would happen in the insurance business.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I have to admit it has been an unsettling day for me.  When I visited DH yesterday, he was pretty agitated/nervous, and he was talking a lot.  That is quite unlike him -- for at least a year, he has not talked much at all.  While I like him to talk, he wasn't making much, if any sense.  And, I was concerned about one of the caregivers as well as another resident.  Long story.

I called the hospice nurse this morning (another long story), and she told me that the hospice caregiver said DH did not want to get out of bed this morning for the facility caregiver.  So, the hospice caregiver got him up, but he was very shaky.  When I went to visit him, the facility caregiver (different one) told me that he was having trouble walking in the morning, and they used the wheelchair.  Also, he was anxious, so they gave him medicine. 

He was still anxious when I was there -- at least shaky, and had trouble walking.  He also talked quite a bit -- mostly not making much sense.  I called the hospice nurse, and she said she will try to get there this afternoon.  While I was not planning to return today, I think I'll do so just in case she is there.

Hopefully, this is just a passing thing, and DH will be fine.  But, I am understandably worried about him.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda