Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, March 6th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is an absolutely beautiful day here -- sunny and highs expected to be in the low 80's.  At least it is my idea of a beautiful day, since I know some of you prefer cooler temperatures. I am thinking about going for a walk in our garden club park a little later.  If my hairdresser is available, I could use a hair cut.  But, Wednesdays are not usual for her.

Glad you love your JCP items, Bernie.  That is such good news about your son, Charlene.  UVA must really like him.  When you talk about the tests he did not pass, are you talking about comprehensive exams?  I ask because when I was going to graduate school, it was not uncommon at all for students to fail one or more of their comprehensive exams (we had three), and I think some failed some more than once before finally passing them.  Just curious.

I have to admit I love the TSV, but it is so not a need for me that I didn't even consider purchasing one.  I had a couple of Le Creuset pans many years ago, and really liked them.  Sort of regret donating one of the two, but I was moving and had not used it very much in recent years.  Oh well......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, March 6th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I would love your temps right now. Enjoy your walk and also the haircut if you are able to schedule it. I really don't know what the TSV is as I haven't seen the Q yet and come to this page directly  without looking at the home page. 

I worked this morning but only because I like this teacher's classes and students. I would have preferred to stay in the nice warm house as it was 12 degrees when I ventured out to work. I would have enjoyed the full day but her appointment was in the morning and she wanted to be back for one class that was having some challenges in getting  things done by the end of the grading period which ends this Friday.

I saw a neat thing that was a suggestion for Lent "giving up." Basically, the suggestion was to get a trash bag and "give up" one or more items a day from your closets and then at the end of the 40 days take the bag or whatever to your favorite donation center.  Hopefully, the closet won't look like this at the end of the 40 days:

clothes.PNG

Surely, we can find at least one clothing item a day to donate for Lent.

I'm off to fix lunch and read some before doing some things around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, nice but chilly day here about 24 and the snow we had the other day is like cement.  I don't think it will be melting anytime soon either.

That's such good news Charlene that your son will be able to stay in the school.  when does he finish?

Jean I had did that Lent suggestion last year and it worked out well for me..some days I would forget but would put in extra to make up for it.....I am also trying to do it for this year too.

Linda I wish you could send a little bit of your weather my way...not much..maybe 20 degrees or so!

I have been fighting a cold for the past few days that   now has left my ears all clogged up but other than thst I'm feeling better.

Not much else going I bought some cod fish for tonight.....after all these years I still keep the fish on Ash Wednesday and also the Friday's during Lent....I guess some things never change..or are instilled into you.    Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I'm happy to hear that the project for Lent worked well for you last year and thatyou are doing it again this year.  You certainly have kept your Lent traditions an important part of your life. I also wish that we had warmer weather.

I do like that swan planter Valerie has. The funny thing is that years ago I bought from K-Mart some flowers that were planted in planters that looked like these. Afterwards, I filled them with silk flowers and they looked so nice. Unfortunately, they have outlived their usefulness and are breaking thanks to those weedeating who would hit them when turning around without looking at what the weedeater was hitting. I guess they didn't want to turn the weedater off while turning.  I also had those planters in bunny rabbit and lambs. Those all go back to the days when I really  enjoyed planting.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello, boy am I late, lol.  I cause some water damage to my jack and jill sink in the master bathroom.  I noticed it yesterday - cabinet is MDF and of course that absorbs water like the dickens.

I was busy putzing with that as I can try to buy some time as far as replacing anything.

It's a custom set up in a length nobody sells and frankly I wasn't thinking about spending thousands in the bathroom.  Guess I should have checked if I splashed water on Sunday when I was dipping my head into the sink in preparation of hair products.

I received my convert a bench - hinge knuckle on one leg broken.  Premiere Products has excellent customer service and will be sending me a new left leg for the bench tomorrow.  I sent 2 photos to the company and then I noticed Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer so I watched his youtube announcement and cried.  My Ma loved watching Jeopardy and I knew Alex was looking forward to retirement after this contract was up.

My Dooney and Bourke bag is beautiful.  I haven't had time to play with that.  I'm too tired to look at the replacement tees I ordered from JCP that came today.  That was a case of penny wise, pound foolish.  I ordered some tees last year in Misses and not Tall because the Misses were cheaper.  Well I barely wore them and they were donated the other day.

Too many highs and lows today.  I need to lay down.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise