Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, March 2nd)

For those who observe, I hope you are having a meaningful Ash Wednesday.  This coming Easter is even more special than usual because my sister was born on Easter Sunday and this is the first time since her birth that her birthday will fall on Easter Sunday.  Kinda cool.

I hit the grocery store at 9 am this morning and was in and out.  I didn't browse the prices of too many things however I did notice the store brand pretzel twists I bought last week were 10 cents more expensive this week. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, March 2nd)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us tonight.  Be sure to get your sister an extra special birthday cake this year.  Glad you got in and out of the grocery store today.  Yes, the price of everything is going up, I quit looking at the price and just pay it.  Unfortunatley, it will not be getting better anytime soon.

DH and I spent yesterday getting the house ready for the photographer and relator to take photos this morning.  It is also the cleanest this house has looked in a long time.  Now I have to go thru the house and unhide all the stuff.  I ended up putting a lot of stuff in the garage, closets, and drawers.  It is going to be like a scavenger hunt for the next couple days.

There really isn't much happening here, our state has been easing up on mask mandates and you can tell.  I was in the store the other day and only a few of us had masks on.  I hope this dosen't bring the number back up.  

Well off to watch some shows we recorded.  Hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I watched the church Ash Wednesday service on-line, and it was good.  The timing to go in-person just didn't work.  What a special birthday for your sister.

Glad you were able to get your grocery shopping done quickly.  I agree with Susan about the prices.  I draw the line if the price is much higher, and I don't really love the item.  But, sometimes I just pay it.

Good luck with finding things, Susan.  I had decluttered and re-arranged my bathroom cabinets a while ago, and ended up spending nearly 30 minutes finding the toothbrush head I needed the other day.  Yikes.  I'm sure the pictures will be great.

I had two OLLI classes today, and both were good.  But, I only had 30 minutes between classes, and ended up eating a quick lunch in the car.  It was pretty hot in the car (low 80's outside), but not too bad.

When I went to pick up the bereavement mailings from hospice, I found out that "my" patient had died.  What a shock.  Since there didn't seem to be any other logical reason, they believe it was due to the fall she had at the assisted living facility.  A medical examiner has been contacted.  I was pretty shaken, but the office manager was comforting.  

My heart goes out to Barbara and her DH. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, how nice that your sister's birthday is on Easter Sunday. I hope the weather is nice.  When I was a kid, my Dad & Aunt would tell us " if it rains on Easter it rains for 7 Sunday's. "  It always seemed to rain on Easter.

Susan, Whenever we have company and I want the house to look extra festive, I take a couple of things off the island and a book or two off of my power recliner & put them in my sewing room where they can't be seen.  Voila!  It's different when you are making a whole house look spiffed up.

One of my bf's came up this morning and I went shopping with her.  Then she took me to Chop Sticks for a nice lunch.  Then we came back and played For-Get-It.  It's a fun dice game that any amount of people can play.  

It's grocery shopping day for us tomorrow morning.  Then we are going to start our Spring cleaning job.  My dh & I are going to a funeral on Saturday morning and one of my cousin's is coming up on Friday afternoon with her tea cup white poodle & going to the funeral with us!  Candace is a cutie & no problem at all.  They are hoping to go back home on Sunday.

Next Friday afternoon, my niece and her dd are coming up and going to my nephew's fiancee's bridal shower on Saturday.  They are hoping to go back home on Sunday.  

I will be reading your posts, but I might not respond for a few days.

Yesterday, I decided to go through a big box of my Mom's things.  After 6 years,  I was ready to get it mostly done.  I read 150 sympathy cards, found my Mom's citizenship paper from 1954, my English grandparents birth certificate's (they were born in 1884 & 1881, their marriage certificate & my Dads honorable discharge papers.  He was in the Air Force for 3 1/2 years.  It was a teary day for me.  My Grandpa died when I was 6 so I don't remember a lot about him except he had the most beautiful head of thick white hair & was a wonderful wood worker.  I have a few things that he made for my Mom when they were over here on a 6 month vacation.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  I am sorry to hear about your hospice patient dying from a possible fall.  My bf is still having a hard time with knowing that her dh was dead in bed at least 10 hours before he was found.  You have been extra busy with this & that.  We have been in the 50's for a couple of days and  I was hot on my walk yesterday and took off my reversible fleece coat.  It's supposed to be in the low 30's for a couple of days and we might get a bit of snow. I am a happy camper because the 5" of snow that we got last week is all melted.

Barbara my prayers are going out to you and your dh.  My Mom was on Hospice and it was a God send for my dh and I.  It was a blessing when she joined my Dad.  Now they are both smiling down on me.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---You made me laugh when talking about the 30 minute search in the bathroom cabinet. I just did the same thing the other day when the hubby was looking for shampoo. Honestly, by the time I had bottles and etc. on the floor he said "nevermind" I'll just use what I got in there until the new "stuff" arrives. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!! 

I was sorry to hear about the death of your hospice patient. Falls are so dangerous. I always worried about that with my Mom. Then we finally convinced her to come live with us. We all worked different shifts so she was never alone in the house. It isn't an easy phase of life for sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---How special is the timing of your sister's birthday!!! Sounds like you both should have double cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate. Hope you both have a very special day. Enjoy.