Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, March 14th

Good Morning/Afternoon! 

I am in a very good mood this morning.  First, I plan to celebrate DH's birthday at lunch today.  It really isn't until tomorrow, but Thursdays are difficult for me (busy), and they are celebrating St. Patrick's Day tomorrow (probably wanted to do it when they have more staff around, and not on Friday since they will be serving corned beef and cabbage which some won't want to eat on a Friday).  Anyway, I was just going to have cookies and ice cream, but the sweet caregiver was talking to me about my banana bread, so I'll be serving that as well.  Also, I made Irish soda bread last night, and I'll take half of that loaf.  I really enjoy it, so I wanted some for me.  LOL

The other reason is that I am back from a lovely walk around the neighborhood -- it was about 60 degrees and partially cloudy.  Very nice walking weather.  And, I could smell some fragrant spring flowers along the way.

Hope any of you who were not feeling well are better today.  And, I hope Barbara's infusion really helps her and doesn't cause a horrible headache.  I know it is cold and windy many places on the East Coast, and I hope that the weather improves for those of you who live there.  Our weather is supposed to turn considerably cooler tomorrow and there is a chance of rain.  We do need rain, but I prefer the weather we are having today..

Fortunately, my Keurig machine is working fine, so no need for the TSV.  While I like the special on Q2, that is certainly not a need or a strong "want".  Whew!  Hope to stay strong with my efforts to buy fewer clothes and shoes.  I know Barbara has made it for three weeks already -- way to go.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, March 14th

Hi ladies,

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/76/676410cc-cae3-59f6-9f35-3084678ef055/54f4d5ea155d6.image.pnghttp://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/271091-Happy-Wednesday-Beautiful-Friend.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad that you are able to celebrate DH's birthday at a time that works well for all. The banana nut bread, cookies and ice cream are great to serve. The mentioning of banana nut bread is making me hungry for some. Enjoy!

meallen--Thank you for the cute recognition of Pi day. All the math teachers had activities for their students to do in recognition of the day. As interesting as it is, I think I would prefer an actual pie.

I worked today and we had a bad snow squal to hit about time to go to work. It also had some ice in it, so there were cars in the ditch on a hill street and major highway. This held up 3 busses and some teachers, so they arrived at school about 90 minutes late.  I'm quite ready for this weather to give way to Spring.

I just turned on the Q so I have no idea what the TSV is but from what Linda said, I guess it is a Keurig. I have one of those personal brewers which I got just to make decaf in the evening but have not used it in several weeks. I actually think I couild donate it and not miss it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you greeted the day in a great mood Linda @LindaLatte.  I'm one of those people who feels that I may not be able to change what's going on, but I can try to change how I feel about it :-).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @meallen616  I was on a workgroup call this morning and the lead of the group wished everyone a great Pi day.  I looked at the calendar and immediately understood what she was talking about :-)

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I'd prefer real pie to or at least a nice slice of NY style baked cheesecake, lol.

Glad you made it to and from work safely today.

On Sunday, I put myself on the augmentin (antibiotics) that I had left over from last April.  I started running a fever on Sunday night after days of no fever.  I was basically feeling like I did last year when I caught a virus that turned bacterial.  I had a 5 day supply and figured why not?

I didn't think to take cough syrup before bed last night because I wasn't coughing much during the day.  As a result, I was hacking and saw one or two presentations of the coffee pot TSV while waiting for the Delsym to kick in.  

Esteemed Contributor

We are celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary on Pi day with SF cookies & a cappuccino.  We celebrated with Emily yesterday.   She is now a 13 year old Pi baby.

We went to see our favorite polka band this afternoon with friends & had a nice dinner out.

I had PT this morning & get another treatment on Friday.

Hugs to all of you.