Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday June 24th

Oh wow, the new board lets us say Nazi...

OK, this is a test to see if I can scratch an itch I have because of a mosquito bite....

Honored Contributor

Arlene, I continue to keep Gideon and you in my prayers.  Does the vet seem concerned that Gideon is not eliminating?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Twinny, I'm so glad you got good news on all of your tests. I've never tried to use a discount before until one of the ladies at the store mentioned it to me. It's nice to get a few bucks off, and it pays to shop where you're treated well. The other store is nice enough, but their pricing has gone nuts of late. Have fun with your pictures! I'm thrilled to see our temperatures stay in the 70's as long as possible.:U)

snicks, Sorry about the lawn issues. We've had tons of rain here too, but it's made everything so full and green that I'm thrilled. The grass isn't growing as fast becasue temps are mainly staying in the 70's.

I'll stop back in a bit, as DH just came in for supper. pinky

Esteemed Contributor

FHG,   prayers for you & your fur kids.  It is difficult to deal with such nasty people.  

Bird Mama, I am loving the 70's too.  It looks like rain now but it should be in the 70's & sunny again tomorrow.

It was an afternoon job getting the vacation pictures put in the album, but they look nice & will give us memories for years to come I hope.

Valued Contributor

Jean, I'm very glad the procedure seems to be helping. 

Arlene, So sorry the staff at the shelter were not more compassionate. I hope Gideon improves soon.

Bird, Those were some nice maps on yesterdays thread. Impressive!

I hope I didn't miss anyone... my apologies if I have,

I got outside for a nice walk before posting earlier. I conquered the steep hill that's just to the right as we leave our yard. I used to walk it regularly, and hope to be able to do so again. It won't be at the same pace as I used to walk, but I'm fine with that.The road to the left is fairly flat, and the lake is right along it. Love that! My stretches also got done this afternoon, so I'm very happy with myself tonight. It's nice to have  active things to post for a change! Wishing all a good night! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Love using the "pop up" to see the entire discussion to permit responding to comments without forgettig who said what. At my age, the memory doesn't operate like it once did. Excuses!!!

Bernie--Yes, it was a beautiful day here also, in the lower 90s with a bounty of sunshine. When I am home, I usually open the windows in the morning to permit some fresh air to circulate. I loved your comment about "Grey's Anatomy." Yes, that did predate the TV series, didn't it? Trimming the bird's beak would be a necessary challenge. I don't have neve enough to cut Midnights claws for fear of permanent damage to me as well as to him, so your being able to do this is a testimony to your dedication and love of the bird.

Rosa--A pedicure can be a great treat and relaxing. It sounds as if the office is very busy. Just think it will soon be Fall with the deer at full roaming mode....and resulting vehicle hits, just what an insurance agency needs! I haven't seen any of the lunchtime specials lately but I did check out the "as is" section of the website a couple of days ago but nothing was available I wanted.

Barbara--You get much pleasure from taking the Syd to the activities. Glad you found some tops you liked. I think it just takes time to get used to a new format.

LindaL--I am  glad that DH was able to take a walk this morning. I agree that having the Strong Bones class that frequently would create a problem if she expects attendance at most of the sessions. Additionally, morning is a time that many people like to do things before it gets hot.

Twinny--I am so glad that your ultrasound tests results were good. When you have health issues, you just don't need another bad message. I do hope you were able to get your picture albums updated today of the pictures taken on trips this year.

Snicks--Having a new baby to cuddle and spoil will be exciting, not to mention shopping for new baby items. A haircut is just the thing to give you a lift during this weird weather. I have such a visual image of you wading in the mud and getting trapped in all the weeds that flourish with the rain.

Pinky--A discount is always good. Our local overpriced supermarket gives a really big one percent discount to seniors. It sounds as if you really enjoy your volunteer job, a great way to interact and cement friendships as well as being productive and helping others.

Charlene--Working on digital images? I also have around a 1000 I took while on the Big Island last Fall plus additional ones from this Spring when on Oahu. They have yet to totally make it from the camera card to the computer. Had I had the time when I just returned from the trips, it likely would have been done but with other things intervening, they were relegated to the back burner.

Arlene--I do hope all works out with Gideon. You certainly are having your challenges. I think you are right in that it is easier to compose on Word and then copy and paste...and that applies to several forums. This one will take getting used to the changes but I don't get uptight over it. I just hope Gideon gets better soon.

The trip this morning was tiring, so I spent the afternoon resting. Tomorrow, I go to see the urologist who told me earlier that he would have to schedule another test to see if the cancer of the bladder was returing as it easily does.

I think under the current circumstances and also the good news, I am ready to buy something as a treat and not something that is a need or for the house or car. That does not include my Amazon "Subscribe and Save" items that were delivered today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean are you having the procedure tomorrow or is it an appointment with the doctor to schedule the appointment?  Either way, I'm sending good wishes your way.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise