Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, June 23rd)

Hello all, it's cooler, overcast and windy like heck outside of my window.  We're expecting a week of rain starting on Friday (if I can believe the weather people) so I will definitely be mowing my grass tomorrow morning before it gets hot.  Hot to me is 85 degrees.  To Linda, that is a cool spell Woman Wink

The Nissan dealer sent me a survey and they got 1 and 2 stars in the rating categories.  I filled the text box that was provided to me and basically said the visit was unpleasant.  I let them know I've been coming to this dealer since the mid 90's and they're service is going downhill...fast.  I detailed the timeline, said the service advisor was nice enough and suggested they hire more people because 3 hours for an oil change is pathetic and ridiculous.  I was professional about it and didn't take them up on posting a google review.  Really, we don't want my experience out on google Woman Wink

I've been knocking around the house tidying and doing laundry.  A somewhat lazy day.

How are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, June 23rd)

Oh I forget to mention that I received my steel be design bracelet yesterday.  It was longer than they said it was.

product thumbnail

The smaller circle on the bracelet that was not blinged out caused the bracelet to flip over.  If I wanted a bracelet that looked like smooth metal I wouldn't have ordered this one.

It wasn't expensive and I felt it was worth the effort so I shortened the chain and removed the plain ss ring.  Now I'm happy with it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, June 23rd)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you were able to submit your review, and I agree with you about not submitting a Google review.  You are so resourceful -- happy you were able to get the bracelet to fit/suit you.

I have had a mostly good day, including rain!  It is in the 90's, and they predicted some rain.  But, I saw no signs of rain in the morning, it started around 1:30 p.m. as I was leaving the restaurant with Bev.  I didn't even mind getting my hair wet since we are so desperate for rain.  It has mostly stopped now, but was good while it lasted.

Hope you get the grass cut before all that predicted rain.

The wonderful news for me is that the dentist I visited today for a second opinion said that no biopsy is needed, and the lesion isn't a problem.  At first, he couldn't even find it, but then saw it way in the back of my mouth.  He said it wasn't the type of lesion that was usually a worry (sort of like a skin tag), and he didn't see any need to do anything with it unless it grew or started causing me problems.  He measured it, and said that he would check on it next year.  

I could have kissed him I was so happy.  As it is, I decided to change dentists and already have an appointment for December.  The prices are about the same as the other dentist charged, and the location is very close to the other dentist.  I prayed out loud on the way home.  

My hospice patient's caregiver called just as I arrived home to ask me to sit with her for a couple of hours while he and his son visited care homes.  She fell out of bed last night, and he doesn't think he could care for her at home any longer.  I agreed to help out this afternoon.

In the middle of lunch with Bev (great by the way), he called to say that some friends had stopped by and would watch her.  So, no need for me to come.  

Long story short, I contact the hospice volunteer coordinator, and he has already placed her at the same facility where a previous patient lived (house with six - eight beds.)  So, now the coordinator will look for another patient for me.  Can't say I am surprised.

I asked, and DD's Ked's are plain white.  I would prefer Bernie's  red ones, but she said she always buys white.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda