Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, June 15th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot day here, but tomorrow it is supposed to be even hotter with an excessive heat warning.  Sorry some of you are experiencing such unusually hot temperatures.  

I took my walk even earlier this morning, and it was a good idea since it was cooler. 

Since it had been a while, I took my car into the garage this morning only to find that it needs quite a bit of work -- not many miles, but it is nearly 13 years old.  Some parts -- like the timing belt need to be replaced after all those years.  I had previous trouble with timing belts, so I agreed to have that and several other things (brakes, etc.) repaired despite the cost.  I trust the garage, and hope these repairs will keep the car running.  I have considered purchasing a new or newer vehicle, but this one works quite well for my hospice deliveries, etc.  And, new or newer cars are very pricey.  

DD texted me to say that they were on the road, and so far, so good.  She didn't take her good china in the truck, and youngest DGS will make a trip back to Maryland to pick it up.  I can't say that I blame her since the china is very important to her.  The bad news is that youngest DGS didn't get the good job he was expecting -- no explanation.  He is really upset, but hopefully will find another job that is a good fit.

The doves who had a nest above my front covered patio have hatched and are ready to go as far as I can tell.  But, one of them hit my front door glass side panels with such force that I thought it might be a larger animal.  He/she seems to be okay despite the collision.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- forgot to mention that a lady (vaccinated and boosted twice) who attended the community ice cream social on Sunday has tested positive for COVID.  No major symptoms, and her husband is okay.  I don't think I spent time with her, but I am not sure. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, June 15th)

A couple good updates -- DD and DGS are home in S.C.

Bev is home.  They decided she didn't need to go to rehab (she could handle the drain, etc., herself), and suddenly told her she could be released in an hour yesterday afternoon.  A friend picked her up, and brought her home.  Her friend also picked up Bev's prescriptions and a walker which she put together for Bev. While Bev could have borrowed a walker from a local organization, she decided it was a good idea to have one around just in case.  Of course, she is weak due to the hospital stay, but is trying to walk around the house to build up her strength.  She is very grateful for all your prayers and good thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us tonight.  I am sorry your DGS did not get the job, this may mean better things are coming for him.  Hope your car does not cost you too much.  Car stock is low in this area.  I noticed that Toyota commercials say you can "reserve" your car.  Don't know how long it will take to get it.

I hope your DD get settled in soon, this all must be getting stressful.  It feels like they have been working on this move forever.  I hope all goes well for them.

Enjoy the birds, they are fun to watch.  I need to buy some birdhouses for our new house.  We have been so busy I have not gotten to the local bird store to get a few.  Hopefully next week.

I hope you don't have any problems with Covid.  

Well off to watch a few shows.  Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we have been under a heat advisory since yesterday morning at 10 a.m. until 8:00 p.m  tonight.  105° heat index. Yikes!   Right now we are under a tornado watch until 10 p.m.  We are in the basement enjoying ourselves. It's nice & cool and thank goodness the A/C is doing o.k.  Sorry about your car repairs.  Hopefully they won't be very expensive.  That's good news about Bev.  I am sorry to hear that your dgs didn't get the job, but I am a believer in when one door closes, another door opens.  

Susan, I am glad that you are settling in quite nicely.  Good luck with getting your bird houses.  

It's been too hot to do our walks, but we have been going to the gym all week.  Dinner tonight was at the DQ.  Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, but I did get a few things before we had dinner tonight.

Tomorrow morning first thing, I am going to a garage sale next door to the duplex that I grew up in.  They had a ton of nice things last year when I went to it.   It's a big old house with a beautifully landscaped front yard.  I can remember my sister and I playing Monopoly with the boy that lived there.  He had two older sisters and his Mom was bed bound with MS.

I finally got a call from my Drs. nurse last Thursday and I am going to have two MRI's next Wednesday to see if there is a problem with my spine which is giving me a lot of shoulder pain.  I talked to my ds last Friday night and he said it sounds like I might have to go to PT.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  It's good that the moving activities are going well for your DD and I'm sorry that your DGS didn't get the job, what a bummer.  Bev is such a warrior, God bless her.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   We are experiencing the same weather pattern; you just happen to be getting it first.  I knew yesterday was going to be bad when it was 68 degrees with 94% humidity first thing in the morning.  I didn't check my phone often however the one time I did it was 94 with a real feel (thanks to humidity) of 101.  Yuck.

Honored Contributor

Hi Susan @PAlady   I agree with you about the birds - they give me joy on a daily basis.