Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, July 27th)

Good morning/afternoon (depending on time zone).  

I did grocery shopping today.  I've been forcing myself to eat fruit over the past couple of weeks.  Eating veggies comes more naturally to me than eating fruit does.  I started with bananas and that got old after about 4 days.  I refused to waste the bananas so I choked them down.  The next week I bought 4 nectarines.  They were okay and I was kinda bored after 2 days.  Last week it was green seedless grapes.  I think I stumbled on a winner - grapes.  They stay longer than the bananas and nectarines and are easier to snack on.  The fruit this week is red seedless grapes Woman Happy

I placed an order with the Q - American West picture jasper earrings.

American West Sterling Silver Gemstone Bead Earrings - J412083

My birthday is coming and I've treated myself to picture jasper pieces in 2019 and 2021.  Looks like picture jasper again for 2022 Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, July 27th)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Bird mama Bernie ... hope you don't my my jumping in ...

I was just this morning trying to organize some of my American West jewelry and came across this enhancer that I ordered in March but have never worn.   I hope to get to wear it this fall as I hope to venture out on occasion ... it's such a great looking addition and your earrings would be smashing with it (except I don't have pierced ears).

American West Sterling Silver Pear Shaped Naja - J368098

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Love your birthday earrings. Beautiful enhancer, Sox.

I really like fruit, and agree with you about grapes.  While I love and eat bananas almost every day, their ripening can cause problems.  I try to shop only one day a week, and by day four or so, the bananas are way too ripe for me.  

I really like berries, peaches, nectarines, melons, etc., etc.   But, seedless grapes are long-lasting and so easy.  In the winter, grapes can be hard to find at a reasonable price, so my go to are the "little" oranges (mandarin or clementines.)

Our weather was pretty nice this morning -- sunny but cooler (70's).  We had rain off and on most of yesterday afternoon/evening.  The rain delayed my cleaning up the mystery clippings that appeared in my yard and on my driveway yesterday afternoon.  So, I need to get that done today.  I also have an OLLI class (prisoners in WWII), and I need to pick up the mailings from the hospice office.

Yesterday, I wore a sports headband to the gym, and it was a winner. It was nice not having sweat pour down into my eyes.

Today, I checked on my screen door, and learned that the materials are coming from overseas (I was told California), and they are not due to arrive until mid-August.  Then, the local guy needs to make the screens.  I guess I will be lucky to get the door replaced by the end of August.  

The lady from the screen company (wife of the owner) told me that she and her husband have not traveled anywhere, but both got COVID despite the vaccinations and boosters.  She has a window cleaning business -- she wears masks, but the customers do not.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

This is not an exclusive thread @SoX  and you are welcome to drop in any time.

Yea, that's a beautiful piece.  What I like about picture jasper is that it's all season. You can never go wrong with a neutral.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama---Good choice on your birthday earrings.  I'm a veggie and fruit lover (as long as I can digest it or not be allergic to it) Fruit is not keeping as well these days. The veggies seem to hang on a day or two longer. (even with using those veggie bags, et) 

It's been raining and storming since sometime during the night. The forecast (and my knees) have more of the same for the week. BOO! The weeds have taken over the front gardens. It's a race and I'm loosing.  

We have the first siding guy to give us an estimate today. I think I'll call two more after this one. I think we prefer the vinyl with some insulation and the thin width boards. Thanks again to everyone who helped me with all those choices. Now, I'm just hoping we can find a color that blends with the rest of the house.Fingers crossed that the rain has stopped by the time he arrives.

I watched some of the evening jewelry show with Peyton Kelly. I love to see the "sparkly" stones and somehow it's relaxing to me. I did catch part of the Kim Gravel program this morning. I like most of her items but they are pricey. I still like to window shop as much as buying so that's a good thing. Most of my "bargain" purchases have arrived and I'm pleased with the items and the low cost. I should be prepared for gift wrapping and any addtional heat waves.

The dogs have been fussy with all the storms and wet ground. We've had sirens running at night with a couple of bad accidents and fires. The township website does a decent job of informing what occurred the night before.Always good to know in case a road is closed. 

I hoping to take the car thru the drive thru bank today but have pushed that off until tomorrow. The new grocery sales start on Thursday so I may try to combine the trips. 

We have another new family of baby bunnies running about in the yards. That's five families from my count. The doe, fawns and buck are all sleeping the yards. They seem to gather around the birdbaths. There must be a certain style lip that make sit easy for them to drink. I noticed that with some of the birds so I have a couple types.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hey Linda @LindaLatte   I've tried buying borderline green bananas to give me an extra day or so.  I think I need to buy just a couple of bananas and stop going with the established 'bunches' at the store.  I'm glad you got rain yesterday.  I'm sorry that the screen doors won't be replaced until the end of next month.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention that I placed an order with JCP, lol.

Picked up this rug in 30x46 inch size

This St John's Bay top (doorbuster sale) 

This sweater (on clearance) by A.N.A. 

They must track my ISP, lol.  They were offering 25% off sales and when I started browing I got offered 30% off.  You know I took them up on it.

For anyone who likes to shop Home Depot.  Here's a trick that you might now know about; I leverage it ALOT.

I wanted to order the Brabantia clothes rack but I didn't have any home depot coupons.  I signed into my Home Depot account, placed the clothes rack on my wish list and then signed out.  I waited for mail and sure enough by the 4th day there was a 10% coupon in the mailbox.  I ended up using it on the plumbing supplies yesterday which was good since God knows I didn't need 15 feet of copper wire.  They didn't have a roll to cut to length so 15 feet was the shortest package in the gauge I wanted.  Copper ain't cheap but I felt better after I got 10% off.  Now I have to put something like a light fixture on my wish list so they send me another coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I have been reading, but not posting.  We have had the windows open a lot for over a week. Nothing like fresh air.   It looks like you are all keeping busy with a lot of home improvement jobs and a bit of shopping here and there.  I didn't know about Home Depot and the % off coupons.  Last week, I bought a gadget to shove down the drain & turn a crank.  It worked wonders for me &  was under $6.

Last Monday I got my infusion and on Tuesday I had my first PT session. The PT gave me 4 exercises to do twice a day.    I didn't do much else for a few days as I was too sore.  I did go to the gym on Thursday and Friday.

I had my 2nd PT session oyesterday and we both went to the dreaded dentist this morning.  I have an extra exercise to add to the previous 4, so it takes me quite a while to get them done.  They are very important so I usually do the first session early in the am and the other session after dinner.

I had a good report from our new dentist.  Go back in 6 months for a cleaning.  My dh wasn't as lucky as he broke off a tooth (which he didn't know about) and needs to get a crown & one small filling done.   My expensive dental work was done two years ago, but I am very happy with my partial.  I hope Susan gets her dental work done to her satisfaction.

I just got back from the gym. It's exactly one mile away and I can go on my Moped.  Gas went down 10¢ yesterday & is $3.99.

Our travel club couple coming on Friday night after dinner and going back to IA on Sunday morning.  They were going to get here on Saturday afternoon, but realized that it's a longer drive than they thought it was.  I am glad as they are going to a wedding & I didn't want them to be on the road all day and night.

We have a beautiful downtown square so we can enjoy it and a have a nice early lunch on Saturday morning.

My dh eats a banana every day, but only buys 4 at a time.   We eat a lot of peaches, plums nectarines, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, tomatoes, sweet corn, green beans, squash & beets when they are in season.  I kind of GAG lettuce down unless it's in a BLT.

We have had beautiful weather.  Mid 70's- low 80's & a shower here and there which we need. We had a down pour right before we went to the dentist.  Next week we will be in the ugly 80's-90's.  Dog days of summer they are saying.

Off to do a bit of cleaning.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

I have to watch myself with tomatoes Glenda @twinny70  Once I start eating them I have to make myself stop or I get a fever blister from too much acid.  I almost bought a small watermelon today.  I can't stand the smell of cantaloupe.  I can't stand it so much I'm not sure I even spelled it correctly.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, you spelled it correctly.  I forgot to say I like honey dew melons too.

Glenda