Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, July 19th

Good Morning Shopping Friends,

It just hit me, when I typed the date that today would have been my 14th wedding anniversary Woman Happy

There was a time, in the beginning that I would take the day off.  Last year, I forgot until the end of the day, lol. 

In case you didn't follow the drama, I made it home after Bob showed the blouse I was interested in.  Murphy's Law - I was mid commute.  I ran to the office upstairs, turned on the computer and went straight to my wish list where I saw my size and color on waitlist.  No video had been posted at the time.  I banked on buyer's remorse and someone decided to cancel their order so my size and color became available and I put the item in my cart and waited for the video.

I missed out on the fleece moto inspired jacket and that's okay.  I got the blouse and took advantage of the 3 easy pays.  I'm hoping it drapes as nice on me and it did on Kate last night.

Sending good thoughts to Jean @KonaKat as she undergoes her scope today. 

It's heating up and storms are a comin' tonight.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, July 19th

Just came in from finishing up some gardening in the front yard. Maybe I can finish the back yard tomorrow???

Heat index in New Jersey is 105, expecting at least 3 days of this!

Image result for hot weather picsImage result for dog days of summer animated picsImage result for drink water word images

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I know you did not have nearly enough time with your late husband, but I hope you continue to remember the good times, including your wedding day.  Hugs. 

Not the same at all, but I had real issues about my ex and my wedding anniversary.  We were married for more than 35 years, and I remember the first anniversary apart   (Guess I should mention that he had moved on to a lady with whom he was having an affair which was devastating.)  I was determined to do something other than just go to work on that day.  I ended up taking a brief vacation in Miami, and I had a wonderful time.  That date (which is later this month) has been less and less of an issue, especially since I am now married to a wonderful man.

Happy you were able to get the Bob Mackie top after all.  I did see your posts, and I was disappointed for you when it was not available and happy when it was.  Hope you love it when it arrives.

Really hoping for positive news about Jean's test today. 

It was pretty nice on my walk this morning (mid 70's and mostly cloudy), and it is not supposed to get too hot today (low 90's)  And, there is a chance of needed thunderstorms. 

Much to my surprise, my cactus has a big bloom on it again today.  That is such an amazing cactus -- I thought it was dead at one point, but just shoved it back into the ground.  It has rewarded me with many blooms since then.

DH was okay yesterday -- a bit sleepy, and he did have a choking issue at dinner.  Also, his eyes were bothering him again. 

However, the major issue in his facility was a lady who was suffering from a severe mental issue (I don't know the correct name, so I won't try).  She had refused to take her medication, and had been breaking things in the 'great room" (beautiful vases, etc.), slamming doors, pounding on walls, hollering about the staff, etc.  Her husband was with her, and he looked totally overwhelmed.  Anyway, the caregiver waited until most of the residents had gone to their rooms after dinner, and called the police and EMT's.  She was very agitated, and it turned out that a different caregiver had called on Sunday night.  They took her to the hospital, and I guess they restrained her, so her arms were very bruised.  Anyway, a large number of EMT's, police officers, etc. arrived, and talked with her quite a while before she would agree to go to the hospital.  She walked out to the ambulance on her own power, but that took a lot of convincing.  DH wanted to sit in the livingroom part of the great room, and all this was going on behind him.  But, he was not paying attention or anxious.  I, on the other hand, was very troubled.  Hopefully, she will get the help she needs, and her husband will be okay.  He is an older man, and not very healthy looking.

Back to shopping, I decided to try the Quaker Factory jeans that are on Q2 today.  I know that Jean really likes them, and they have pockets but no zipper which I like for my "walking pants" in the cooler weather.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Wow, I'll stop complaining about the heat index here. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaLatte   I was a late bloomer.  He was in my life for 7 and we were married 3 1/2 years.

Yea, I would have had to do something for me to take my mind off that anniversary myself. 

I don't have many older plants.  I do have a cactus from 1995 that I just cut down (it was growing cockeyed again) and I am waiting for the bottom to scar so I can stuff it back into the pot.

My inlaws sent me and hubs a poinsettia plant the first Christmas we were husband and wife (2003).  All these years later, there are finally some blooms (for lack of a better description).  They are not poinsettias, they don't quite look like peace lilies.  For the life of me, I don't know what they are and why it took nearly 14 years... I'm just enjoying them.

I'd say that I am compassionate by nature.  I will also admit it's easy for me to be compassionate if something I love is not in harms  way Woman Wink 

I would not have wanted my beloved in the same proximity of the resident having the bad experience either.

If she is not herself what's to say she wouldn't bop me or my beloved? I'm sure it was very upsetting for her husband to see it. 

I hope the QVC2 TSV jeans work out for you.  I sleep on a daybed and am thinking about the mattress topper TSV on QVC (the original, lol).

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all --

I'm under a time crunch for some accounting (I call it nonsense) tasks, so have spent little time on the internet.  Just revolving (actually revolting) around quickbooks right now. ha

@Bird mama  Wish you two were still celebrating that anniversaryWoman Sad  Hang on to the memories. 

I do hope your order can be filled, it is disappointing when we don't get the things we'd like.

@meallen616  Funny pictures.  We had a very quick storm blow through during our dinner hour last night and it was so humid the rest of the evening.  Yuck, we are not used to that feeling, we had to fire up the A/C immediately.  Very uncomfortable.

@LindaLatte  It was hot when I got out of bed today.  I really don't enjoy those kinds of days.  The air was on before 10am.

Your DH sure does have very different days, hopefully, more good than bad.  The episode with another patient sounds very disturbing for many.  I guess it's a blessing when other patients don't seem to be concerned with those types of outbursts.  Hopefully, it's more concerning for the guests, the patients really don't have many places they could go to avoid these behavior issues.Smiley Sad  I hope everyone can move past the incident.

I've never tried any Quacker Factory bottoms.  I do have a few tops and actually, my DH likes them.

I do wish@KonaKat a good test result today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Keep those CCs in the handbag, where it is out of the way and very dark. - ha

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - sorry I haven't posted the past few days.  I have read the thread though.  

My DS left Saturday morning and has reached Charlottsville VA and moved into his apartment.  He made it safely.  Hope he'll be happy and do well.  After he left, my DH decided to spray the house for bugs (big ant invasion), so I went to my Mom's house for several hours.  

When I got home my DH surprised me by the gift of a kitten.  Hmm...we always had an agreement that we would discuss and choose pets together.  We don't need a 4th cat in our house, but what's done is done.  He said he got me the kitten (an orange male tabby) because he knows how much I have missed Davis, our last one.  He doesn't seem to understand that you can't just "replace" a pet. The kitten arrived very sick and our DD has him on multiple meds.  Not only did he have the typical upper respiratory infection most animals from the shelter have, but my DD said that he must have aspirated during his neuter surgery, so he has a lower respiratory infection as well.  She had him in an oxygen tent at the clinic and he barely survived.  Good grief.  Anyway, he is cute, I do love orange male tabbies, and he's made himself quite at home.

Yesterday I spent most of the day with my Mom helping her out, and I've been working on filing and paperwork.  Then a few minutes ago some installation people just left our house.  My DH decided to have us switched over from Frontier internet to Spectrum.  It's supposed to be equal quality for a lower price.  We'll see.  Don't mean to be such a cynic, but my DH has made similar switches before, and then switched us back because it didn't work out.  I don't think he's good at reading the fine print and it usually ends us costing us more for poorer quality.

We'll see how it works out.  Meanwhile I'm feeling a bit tired of all the hubub and want some peace and quiet.  I sound a little whiney, don't I?  Sorry about that.  Overall, life is good.  

Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I'll make this short. I'm back from the procedure. This makes one year of being cancer free.  I go back in six months for another check. I had gone 18 months when the nasty stuff showed up again and had to be removed, so hopefully I will make it through the next check up with no problems detected.

When I got my check out instructions, I was told because of the heat not to do anything for two days and drink plenty of water. When I walked out to the car, the heat was intense. The car read 110 degrees but then settled down to 105 when I turned on the AC which agreed with the temp sign on the bank, and then finally cooled down.  Right now at 6:10pm, it is 96 according to the Weather Channel for my humble burg. The heat index is 103 right now.

I did order the Q2 Big Deal because they are styled differently than the ones I have.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Hot Diggity, just the news I wanted to read!!!!

Enjoy the QVC2 TSV.  I waited until I got home to check what the heck is on my bed.  Turns out I have a mattress pad and not a topper so I'm getting ready to order the Serta topper.

Trusted Contributor

@KonaKat  Congratulations friend!!  Wonderful news.Heart