Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday Feb 9th)

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to Marijane @Genny1 

Happy Birthday Graphics - Balloons - Free

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday Feb 9th)

I browsed all of the QVC deals under the TSV and Deals tab and looked at items recently on air and said uh-oh spaghettio Woman Very Happy

I know they kinda look like baby shoes however I really like the Earth fisherman sandals that are going to be a TSV.  I like the Salmon and Sedona Brown colors.

https://www.qvc.com/Earth-Origins-Suede-Fisherman-Sandals---Effie.product.A469130.html?sc=PRODFEED

I also really like this dreamcatcher necklace (American West).

product thumbnail

https://www.qvc.com/American-West-Sterling-Silver-Dream-Catcher-Gemstone-Necklace.product.J400620.ht...

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Birthday to Marijane.  Hope you have a nice day.

Interesting about how you worked with Home Depot to find a solution to your problem, Bernie.  I know some of their staff members can be helpful, but others not so much.  I haven't been to Home Depot since COVID.  It is in the closest regular type shopping center about 18 miles away.  Not sure when I will go back there, but I do enjoy some of the stores which are not available in this area.   

Hope you like the shoes and the necklace if you decide to order.  I really like the necklace, but I'm better at resisting jewelry than clothing, shoes, and household stuff.  I'm still debating getting another pair of the Sketchers shoes from COSTCO.  I checked my closet, and found that I had a duplicate pair of Clark's sandals that I had ordered on sale -- just in case -- more than a year ago.  I tossed the old pair.  They probably would have lasted a little longer, but silly.

No big plans for the day except cooking, cleaning, and hopefully doing the hospice mailings.  It is sunny with a high of 74 degrees predicted, so I want to take advantage of the nice weather.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Happy Birthday Maryjane!!!!

Thanks for getting us started today Birdmama. I really enjoy GemDay. I find it relaxing to window shop with all the items that "sparkle"... I haven't bought a gift for myself in ages but what I like costs too much and I've got that whole house genrator on my mind. We'll see what catches my eye or if I just start the taxes and forget about it all. 

Today is partyl cloudy and cold but no snow flurries in the forecast. My knees agree so that's good. I need this weather to last thru tomorrow so I can make my doctor appointment. The patio rugs are starting to thaw a path so that's always a good sign.

Our oversized mailbox was hanging onto the mailpost by one screw the other day when the hubby stopped for the mail. It's an old rubbermaid oversized that can hold small packages. Well, we could not find a replacement Rubbermaid brand at the hardware store or Home Depot. We did find an oversized off name in some type of hard plastic. Now we are waiting for their truck to come in this week. Crossing my fingers that ours holds on to the post until then. 

I talked to our DIL last night and she said our son is feeling better since the bp medicine. Their dog (mastiff) has her skin issues again. Our female shepherd has a similar condition so we compare notes. She tried to get a vet appointment but was told that the office has a one month wait for an appointment. Anything sooner is considered an "emergenvcy" witha $600-$800 cost plus.... She's paid that twice before but now it's out of the question. There's nothing new for the skin conditoins and the medications are the same. She found some otc meds that are more affordable than the prescriptions so that helps. I increased some of the natural (old fashioned) methods that seemed to work better than some of the prescribtions. Sometimes you can have too many prescriptions 2 legs or 4. I figure if it works on my skin then it's worth a try for our female. We both have senstive skin. We made it 11months before we had a return for our dog. Our granddog seems to not catch a break. It might be the fur factor but who knows. I thought their comment about not having enough vets, staff,etc was interesting. They just reduced their hours againfor staff and the vets.

I still have two gift cards to spend. I'm saving that as my "treat" in between the taxes. I sure know how to have fun. LOL 

The Veterans are picking up 5 bags of clothing and a box of dishes tomorrow. I already have m eye on the shoes and 3 cabinets in the kitchen for decluttering. 

I watched the Modern Soul program. I always liked that line. The prices are up but about the same as D&Co Comfort line. I like that they are expanding some of these lines and have brought back Sport Savvy and Modern Soul. I discovered that I will need a few pair of capri pants. This in-between size and decluttering has been an experiement with what I really wear and have in the closet. I can see space on the closet floor and in the dresser drawers so that's a good thing.

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I hope you have a great birthday.  I am always glad to be another year older.

Bird Mama, the fisherman sandals and dream catcher necklace are both nice.  I have an over the stove fan, but I mostly only used the light.  Now that the switch is loose and I can't get to it, I don't use it.  My microwave is on the counter and I like it there.  An over the stove microwave's is too high for me & If I am ever wheel chair bound again, I can still use it on the counter.  My bf is shorter than 1  & thinks it's dangerous to have it up high in case she would drop the dish and burn herself.  I never thought about that.

Linda L, the Costco shoes sound like a winner and you do a lot of walking.  I can resist anything for the kitchen except when I have to replace  appliances.  I don't wear a lot of jewelry except for a watch and my Diamonique wedding ring which I like.  I am thinking about getting my diamond wedding ring and my Ruby ring out of the lock box and put it in the home safe that we bought a few months ago.  Then I can wear it for special occasions.  

I have been on the phone the past two days getting our TDS subscription renewed.  Same $ as last year.  Yeah!  This morning I was on the phone with my new RX company getting the prices of my meds.  The only hang up is with my Uloric. They say I have to use the  generic drug which I can't, so they are going to call my Rheumatologist to get me on the formulary exception.  Then I called SiriusXM to renew it for our Subaru Forrester.  I need to call them back the beginning of April. 

I am getting ready to head to the gym.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   As I was waiting for Bernie to rip the lumber for another customer I heard Home Depot (over the PA system) advertise that they were hiring and don't worry if you don't know home improvement, they'll train you.  I thought oh Lord, I hope this guy on the saw knows home improvement, lol.  

As far as the necklace goes... as pretty as it is, I still haven't worn the picture jasper necklace I bought myself for my birthday in August.  I guess that tells me I don't really need the dreamcatcher necklace.  Jury still out on the shoes.  

Mid 70's is my kind of warm weather.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa   I'm thinking about replacing my mailbox this year.  It's old and on a post that is rusting.  It's beyond time even if it's painted.  I'll have to dig it out and set a new post - goodie, goodie, I'll get to play with concrete, hahahaha.  I used to have a groundhog living under my front porch.  They've been living under the front porch off and on over 20 years.  I think my next door neighbor followed through on her threat and poisoned Gerry the groundhog when he decided to be unfaithful to me and burrow in her yard.  Can you imagine?  That groundhog had it good, I fed him/her all the time. 

I haven't seen Gerry since summer 2019 and there haven't been any groundhogs under the front porch since.  I suppose I should do the new mailbox post and mailbox this spring before I have any new residents in the area.

I'm glad that your son is feeling better and I can relate to the lack of availability and cost of veterinary care during this pandemic.  It's a shame that the vet won't write a script if necessary since this is a documented issue with the dog.  

Honored Contributor

You make a valid point about reaching for the microwave Glenda @twinny70   I'm 5 foot 10 and usually don't have a problem reaching for anything when my back is working.  On those rare occasions that I do something stupid and cause myself sacroiliac pain I do stand somewhat cockeyed. 

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies thank you for the birthday wishes.  I am going to be ordering delivery of some Japanese food in a little while...don't feel like going out...even though it's a pretty nice day..not too cold,sun is out. 

I was reading your next project on your chimney tiles Bernie  and wow!  We had some tiles replaced on our roof this past fall when the guys come to clean out of chimney in our fireplaces ..the one fireplace in " formal" living room has never been used ..what a waste of a room....I usually go in there to put up/take down Christmas decks... and that's it...same as dining room..only used a few times a year..in my next house,if there is one, I will make sure I don't have them.  We have a wood fireplace we put in our family room fireplace And thats the one that needs to be cleaned every year.

Linda I was wondering how Bev was doing, I do think of her often .  Your weather sounds perfect for me....it will come here ..but not soon enough.

Not much is else is going on here...thanks again for the Birthday w ishes...going to check the menu now!     Marijane

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am waiting to hear more from Bev.  She had another hyperbaric treatment today, but thinks chemo will start soon.  Enjoy your birthday dinner, Marijane.

Good luck with your mailboxes Fressa and Bernie.  Ours was replaced a few years ago by our neighbor/builder.  He came up with the idea, and I was happy to have one that wasn't rusted. 

Interesting point about the over the stove microwave, Glenda.  Mine isn't too tall, but I could not use it if I had a wheelchair.  Hope that isn't the case any time soon.  When I read about one of my friends who broke her wrist, I remembered not being able to pull a top over my head after I had my accident.  The problem was that all but one of my tops had to be pulled over my head.  You never know how you will need to adapt to accidents, etc.