Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, Feb 15th

Good Morning everyone.  I''m thinking about Jean @KonaKat and saying a prayers for an uneventful procedure and favorable outcome on her behalf.

I fed my squirrels and refreshed their water bowl this morning at home and it didn't feel really bitter cold.  When I was walking from the parking garage to the building on my way into work this morning I thought my face was going to freeze off, lol.

What a difference the waterfront makes. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, Feb 15th

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I join you in sending prayers and good thoughts for Jean and a favorable outcome for her procedure/test for today.  

I was thinking how one element of the weather can make such a difference.  In your care, being on the waterfront.  It is not cold here today, but the wind is blowing very strongly, and I was happy to be wearing a hat when I took my walk earlier..  

The two parties were nice yesterday.  They had a musician (saxophone/singer) at the senior lunch program, and a group of older ladies who did tap dancing at DH's facility.  Both were very good.  And, both places had nice treats and decorations.  My Valentine's Day was made extra special by receiving a bouquet from DH's DD -- she signed it for both herself and DH.  How sweet is that?  I told DH, and he said that was nice.  

DH wasn't very mobile yesterday, but I heard that he walked on his own a bit after lunch.  Under hospice, no PT is approved.  In fact, I wanted him to have PT before I signed him up for hospice.  It did not help, unfortunately. I think he was willing, but he just cannot control his muscles.  The staff at his facility is not able to take on things like PT since they are busy taking care of the basics for the residents.  But, thanks for your suggestions.

Today is a "day off" for me -- no meetings, work, or even gym visit.  I didn't know if I would make it to the gym yesterday, but managed to do so after the party and before DH's dinner.  It was very crowded, and I had to wait for a treadmill (no chance of an elliptical since there were too many people waiting).  Toward the end of my treadmill session, and lady came next to me with a personal trainer.  I'm guessing she wants to lose weight as well as get fit since they were discussing restaurant meals.  Although I don't have a weight problem, I do pay attention to what I consume at restaurants as well as at home.  I think it is important to be aware of what you are eating.  That doesn't mean that I don't indulge in foods that I should not eat (or overeat), but I try to know what I am doing.

My SG rain jacket TSV came yesterday, and it is very cute.  It is quite thin, but that won't necessarily be a big problem here where we have quite a bit of hot weather.  I also have a rain jacket with a liner for the cooler times.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, like you I am sending my thoughts & prayers to Jean.  It is a cold but sunny day today.  but will be warming up quickly starting with 40's tomorrow & near 60 all weekend.  

I have lots of good news today!

I  had a good report from my GI PA this morning & don't have to see her for 6 months!  She said that I have lost 7 lbs. & was happy with me.  DH & I had a good ham & cheese omelet before leaving the clinic.  They have wonderful food.

My friend that had a kidney removed just before  Christmas went back to work 2 weeks ago & I am having lunch out with her on Saturday.

Our hometown has been overwhelmed by the generosity it has received since that tragic car accident last Friday.  The boys basketball team had an out of town game last night & that school did a raffle/collection & gave $2,300 to the 4 families involved.

DH & I are going to a local restaurant tonight as they are going to give their proceeds also.  Another restaurant is doing the same thing tomorrow.

Good news about the 35 year old lady.  After being airlifted in critical condition last Friday, she has been dismissed from the hospital.  She has 5 children ages 5-16 & will need lots of home care.  They have already received lots of help coming to the house.  Somebody set up a meal train for meals & the rest of February filled up in less than 45 minutes.

I am going to enjoy the hot tub today & take it easy as DH & I are planning to go shopping tomorrow.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I join you in sending prayers and good thoughts for Jean and a favorable outcome for her procedure/test for today.  

I was thinking how one element of the weather can make such a difference.  In your care, being on the waterfront.  It is not cold here today, but the wind is blowing very strongly, and I was happy to be wearing a hat when I took my walk earlier..  

The two parties were nice yesterday.  They had a musician (saxophone/singer) at the senior lunch program, and a group of older ladies who did tap dancing at DH's facility.  Both were very good.  And, both places had nice treats and decorations.  My Valentine's Day was made extra special by receiving a bouquet from DH's DD -- she signed it for both herself and DH.  How sweet is that?  I told DH, and he said that was nice.  

DH wasn't very mobile yesterday, but I heard that he walked on his own a bit after lunch.  Under hospice, no PT is approved.  In fact, I wanted him to have PT before I signed him up for hospice.  It did not help, unfortunately. I think he was willing, but he just cannot control his muscles.  The staff at his facility is not able to take on things like PT since they are busy taking care of the basics for the residents.  But, thanks for your suggestions.

Today is a "day off" for me -- no meetings, work, or even gym visit.  I didn't know if I would make it to the gym yesterday, but managed to do so after the party and before DH's dinner.  It was very crowded, and I had to wait for a treadmill (no chance of an elliptical since there were too many people waiting).  Toward the end of my treadmill session, and lady came next to me with a personal trainer.  I'm guessing she wants to lose weight as well as get fit since they were discussing restaurant meals.  Although I don't have a weight problem, I do pay attention to what I consume at restaurants as well as at home.  I think it is important to be aware of what you are eating.  That doesn't mean that I don't indulge in foods that I should not eat (or overeat), but I try to know what I am doing.

My SG rain jacket TSV came yesterday, and it is very cute.  It is quite thin, but that won't necessarily be a big problem here where we have quite a bit of hot weather.  I also have a rain jacket with a liner for the cooler times.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Linda, your Valentine's Day parties sounded like fun.  I love entertainment like that.  That was very sweet of your DH's DD to send you flowers & put his name on them too. I am sure that she realizes how special you are to her dad. It sounds like the SG TSV will be perfect for you. 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Image result for shopaholic memes

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all - my prayers go out to@konakat for her medical appointment as well.  Hope all is good news.

@Bird mama  The wind sure can ruin a nice warm day.  We have finally been getting some warmer weather, but the wind has picked up the last 2 days, which makes the warm not warm enough.  Still it has melted most of our snow, which is always a good thing.  We'll see how warm it is today, when I hit the road on errands.

@LindaLatte  It sounds like you had a busy day yesterday, very entertaining though.  That's a fun day for me to listen to music too.  It sounds like your DH is getting along each day, some days better than others. It's especially difficult for those that have medical issues with them everyday, so hard to watch.  It was nice for you to receive flowers, it sounds like your DH was happy about that too.Woman Happy  I hope he can have many, many more happy days, enjoying whatever it brings.

You do deserve a 'day off', sometimes we just get so loaded with activities and our 'to-do' list takes over our lives. We should all enjoy a down day every once in a while.

I hope you really enjoy that jacket from SG and take some time to sit and gaze at your beautiful flowers.

I received 'my new' purse a couple of days ago and I had hoped it would be perfect.  I really like the look, but have noted that the opening isn't large enough for the depth.  I sure hope that it will soften up enough to make digging into it a bit easier.

@twinny70  So happy to hear about your good medical news.  That's always a godsend to have improvement there.

I'm happy to hear that the town has come together to help the families that were involved with the horrible accident.  This is a time when they all need to know they many more friends than they thought.  That is just wonderful.

@meallen616  Cute.  It surely is an art, but I'm pretty sure my DH doesn't appreciate my talent in that area.Smiley Happy

Outside of groceries today;  I hope to keep my CCs in that new purse, tightly zipped up.  Hope all of you can keep that purse zipped up as well - ha.

Have a great day everyone!!

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5, enjoy your new purse.  My CC has been locked up for a while, but DH & I are going shopping tomorrow, so that may change.  I did use the CC this morning to renew our bed & breakfast club renewal.  We haven't had snow on the ground for several weeks & as much as I love snow, I don't want a blizzard before our upcoming vacation.  We usually get dumped on in March, but it melts quickly.

It is a beautiful sunny day & it is warming up the house nicely.