Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday December 16th

[ Edited ]

Hello all - this week is looking up, especially since I reserved Friday as a vacation day, lol.

It would probably be a bit more exciting if my conscience hadn't gotten the better of me.  I called my doctor's office yesterday and said, he, the doc was running like a crazy person when I saw him at the end of October - don't I owe you guys some blood for bloodwork?

Turns out he forgot to write it down by the PA called me back, we talked about the different blood panels and I'm scheduled for first thing Friday morning.

Twelve hour fast -  good grief.  I never miss food but I do miss my first cup of coffee.  I'll take a travel mug full of coffee with me so I can have a sip when it's over, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wendesday December 16th

Oh the dreaded fast!!! At least you can get it over with early and have the day to do what you wish!!!

It is a bit overcast here today. We had a front blow through. I think I heard very warm for Christmas!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday December 16th

Bernie -  Sorry about the fast, but you can go out for a big breakfast afterwards.   Enjoy your day off.

LindaR -We are supposed to have a warm Christmas here, we may get rain, but it is supposed to be warm.  I am not complaining, I am enjoying every nice day we get here.

Not much going on here today, I have wasted too much time on this computer and need to do something constructive.  Off I go to find something constructive to do.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another beautiful, warm day out - I'd have no problem with the rest of the winter being like this. In fact, I was so warm last night I had to change from warm PJs into a lightweight nightgown.  I really crashed the other evening and got only  one kind of cupcake make (chocolate banana with salted caramel buttercream); I need to do three kinds today, and get them delivered tomorrow. 

The people at the bank where I have my mortgage were very happy to get cupcakes. The young man who took care of my transaction told me that if I wanted a checking account (which would be free because they hold my mortgage) they'd give me a free plush horse, and well...you all know how I love my animals. Cat Happy I would never get rid of my primary bank since they reimburse customers the postage on packages sent to APO and FPO addresses, so that saves me a lot of money each year, but I had been thinking of getting a second account to use on Facebook. They now have a feature where you can send and receive money for free; if someone sends you money you give FB your debit card number and they transfer it to your account. Since I'm listing stuff for sale on FB I thought it might come in handy, as I don't like Paypal. I do use Amazon payments, but I like free better! Cat Wink Well, I don't like giving out  my primary number, so I figured I'd keep an account with just a few dollars in it for things like that, so this worked out nicely. The minimum deposit was $50 and they give you a temporary debit card you can use right away, so I just used the cash I had for mailing Christmas packages.

I dropped off some cupcakes with my friend who owns the Christian gift shop, and some with the vet - I had intended the third box for my regular bank, but because the bank officer at the mortgage bank and I got into chatting about animals and about the Lord's return (which is a topic of conversation that seems to be coming up in some of the oddest places these days), I missed getting there until just a couple of minutes after they closed, so I used the ATM for my deposit and will have to take them cupcakes next week.  It probably works out better - the vet has limited hours next week and chances are I'd have missed her.

Bird  - I agree with Susan; after your blood work get yourself a nice brunch - like Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  Cat Wink

Well, I'm praying for a miracle with my HVAC unit; I figure either the Lord will provide the funds or else He'll keep the weather mild - the only thing I know for sure is He has it under control. 

Guess I'd better get to work - hi to everyone; have a blessed day.

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I didn't know banks gave out little treats or bonuses any more.  I think you setting up another account other than your primary is a good idea for what you plan to use it for.

Fingers crossed the weather stays mild for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I am home from work where I subbed in a kindergarten class. The students were great; I could sub in that class often. I left energized, which subbing usually drains me despite liking it.

Bernie--Those fasts before a test are realy challenges. I am a bear without my caffeine, so I immediately get a cup of coffee soon afterwards. I had to go 24 hours without caffeine in anything. I really had a whopper of a headache by the time of the test. When it was over, they asked me if I would like a cup of coffee. I reacted like a druggie needing a fix.

Arlene--I do hope the weather cooperates with you and that you find a reasonable solution to your heating needs. I know you enjoy baking goodies for people and you love showing your appreciation.

Susan--We also are having record high temperatures, but this is the kind of winter I would like to have. I agree that once you get on a computer, one thing can lead to another and before you realize it, valuable time has been spent on the computer rather than the intended tasks.

As of right now, I only work a half day tomorrow and also on Friday. Both are mornings which is better than working the afternoons. At least when working mornings, you can come home to an uninterrupted time that you can spend doing other things if needed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry you have to fast -- not something I can do easily.  The coffee or at least some tea provides needed caffeine, and without it, I get headaches.  Yes, I know that I'm addicted.  But, I've also been eating rather larger breakfasts these days, and I get so very hungry.  Good idea to bring your coffee with you.

Hi LindaR.  It is supposed to get warmer here in Saturday, but it started out in the low 20's this morning, and our high is only 50 degrees.  Tonight and tomorrow should be the same.  Not my kind of weather, except for it is nice and sunny.

I can really spend a huge amount of time on the computer as well, Susan.  

Today has been a rare exception since I have been running around quite a bit.  I made it to COSTCO, the dollar store (disappointing), the tax attorney's office, the doctor's office (to pick up a note), etc., etc.  DH is home from the "club", and we will be going to the volunteer dinner in about an hour.  I'm looking forward to the dinner. 

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry you have to fast -- not something I can do easily.  The coffee or at least some tea provides needed caffeine, and without it, I get headaches.  Yes, I know that I'm addicted.  But, I've also been eating rather larger breakfasts these days, and I get so very hungry.  Good idea to bring your coffee with you.

Hi LindaR.  It is supposed to get warmer here in Saturday, but it started out in the low 20's this morning, and our high is only 50 degrees.  Tonight and tomorrow should be the same.  Not my kind of weather, except for it is nice and sunny.

I can really spend a huge amount of time on the computer as well, Susan.  

Today has been a rare exception since I have been running around quite a bit.  I made it to COSTCO, the dollar store (disappointing), the tax attorney's office, the doctor's office (to pick up a note), etc., etc.  DH is home from the "club", and we will be going to the volunteer dinner in about an hour.  I'm looking forward to the dinner.  And, they said he did well at the club today.  He was actually talking to people when I arrived to pick him up -- that is rare.

Good deal about the bank, Arlene.  I sure hope you can find a way to solve your furnace problem.

Nice that you had such a good subbing day, Jean.  Also good that you have a couple of half days lined up.

Waves to Kathleen, twinny, Marijane, pinky ann, Rosa, Charlene, snicks, spix, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

In answer to someone's question from yesterday -- DD wanted the black on black coat -- practical selection.  

I think that there is physical therapy and physical therapy, Bernie.  When I broke my arm 11 years ago (flew off the back of a treadmill), the PT was very difficult.  I had a better time (although not easy) after my automobile accident June before last.  They are very patient with DH.  He practiced standing up and sitting down a few times, used the machine he used before, and walked around the facility.  The one thing that was more of a challenge was him getting on the floor and getting up.  He didn't care for that, but he managed to do it.  Whether I can give the right cues, etc., is to be determined.

Need to exercise a bit before I get ready for the dinner.  Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

You included a spoiler in each post and doggone it you made me look both times, lol.

I'm glad they are going easy on your DH in PT.  By the way if a PT made me get on the floor and then get back up, I wouldn't like it either (even if I know the 'why' behind it).

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! It'sbeen a lovely day here, not sure if it's unseasonably warm or just warm.  I think Jean would love Houston weather because from what I'm hearing it rarely gets below freezing. I'm glad you enjoyed your day subbing.  The kids get out Friday this week so they are saying shopping will be crazy next week.

Linda so glad to hear a good DH report, that he was talking to someone when you got to the club.  20 seems very chilly for your area.  Do you have to weather proof the pipes like we do when it freezes?  Up North they bury them deeper than they do here.  In the RV we will have to drip the water or that little hose will freeze.

Susan, I have been good at having a couple hours disappear online.  I find myself looking for a job even though I don't want one!  lol  And my phone, I seem to be married to it.

Bernie, glad you took a day off and have your appts scheduled.  You will be glad to have it behind you.

I spent the day with a friend at her house.  She was baking but quit after one recipe.  She babysits and the boy, 11 mo, is getting so he won't go to other people.  I took him and he cried for at least 40 min while I held him and she sat next to me.  He wasn't scared, didn't try to get away from me, just mad at her.  It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.  She finally got tired of hearing him cry and took him back - he immediately quit crying and went right to sleep. 

My store has a big sale 50% going on and bras are buy one get one half off so I put a couple orders.  I am done shopping for gifts and just have to run home and get DH's gifts and wrap them this week.