Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, Dec 14th

Good Morning shopping friends.  JCP set a land speed record and delivered my order yesterday.

I ordered jammies for my middle sister

Liz Claiborne Knit Long Sleeve Pant Pajama Set

Liz Claiborne Sleeveless Sleeveless Ribbed Turtleneck Sweater-Talls

a.n.a Corduroy Pants - Talls  reminds me of sailor pants, ha ha ha

I also ordered a reversible belt that should be here today.

Mixit™ Reversible Belt  black/brown

I am doing okay :-)  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday, Dec 14th

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  As usual, I like what you ordered.  Glad you got such fast delivery.

I finally started my Christmas cards -- emphasis on "started".  Hope to finish up most of them today.  

DD told me that my two grandchildren in community college did quite well this semester, which makes me very happy.  Youngest DGS will be coming home tomorrow -- still taking exams.  

Off to visit DH soon.  He was doing well yesterday, thank goodness.  The hospice nurse visited yesterday afternoon, and was very surprised about his problems on Saturday and Sunday.  When she saw him last Thursday, he was doing quite well.  Guess there are just a lot of ups and downs.

Hope everyone is staying safe and as warm as possible despite the Polar Vortex.  Very happy to be enjoying our warmer than normal temperatures and sun.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- happy to see you here today.  It's getting crazy around here, lunches, dinners, cleaning, cooking, shopping......

@birdmama - happy to hear you are doing ok.  Healing will take time.  It's so hard and a very hard time of the year for losses and sad, sad happenings.  Bless you.

The clothes you ordered look cute.  Fast delivery????, usually those two words don't go together - ha.  I have to say, all of our deliveries have been here earlier than they suggested.  Some were setting on the porch for hours before I got home to take them in.  I don't like to have things out on the porch for long, you never know if they will grow feet and walk away.  Luckily, they have been moved into the garage or house and are safe and sound.

@LindaLatte  Sorry to hear DH had some issues last weekend.  I don't like hearing that.  Hopefully, no issues for a long time.  

Youngsters are doing well in school, never get tired of hearing that.  

Our cards are done, thank goodness.  

We have had really cold weather for more than a week now.  Saturday will be -1 for the high.  We wanted to go to the university basketball game, but my goodness - that may be just too miserably cold.  Some snow and windy conditions tomorrow and Friday.  We are really tired of this and it isn't even winter yet.  Yikes.....

Have a wonderful day all,  enjoy the hustle and bustle of the season.  Try to keep the CCs close to home and away from the computer - ha.  Mine is not coming out of the purse today.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today, glad you are doing well.  Please be sure to take extra good care of yourself at this time.   I like the clothes you ordered, I wish I could just order what I think my size is and have it fit.  I usually have to order my size and the size above just to compare.  Glad you got such quick delivery on it also.

Linda-  Glad you got your cards started, that is half the battle.  Good to hear DH is doing better. 

3swum5 - Hope things settle down for you, but it sounds like good busy.  We are having cold weather here also, tomorrow is supposed to be the worse day this week.  I may not leavemthe house tomorrow.

DH and I took my mom and her friend to Phipps Conservancy today to see the Winter Flower Show, it was really nice and a nice change of pace.   I do need to do something constructive here so I need to get moving.  Hope everyone has a great evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It seems like many merchants are doing well with speedy delivery at  this time of the year. Hopefully, that will continue throughout the year.

Linda--Glad that DH seems to be doing well right now. Also, it is great that your grandchildren are doing well in colleg.

3suwm5--I tend to agree with you about  things being left in a location that makes items tempting to others. Fortunately, mine are usually left in a place that isn't all that visible from the street.

Susan--I think it is great that you took your mother and her friend to the Winter Flower Show. Doing something constructive? That is something I need to do in the evning.

I worked today with one class being very challenging, so I was quite happy to see it end. When I got home, I saw that UPS had delivered my Amazon Subscribe and Save items. I then paid my Chase card in full, a motivation to cut back some next month. I've always paid this card in full but the November and December statements always carry a bite!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.