Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday., August 28th)

[ Edited ]

Latest from Jean's Facebook page -- 

They will shock my heart tomorrow and if all goes well, I will go home tomorrow after a 6 day stay here.

-------------

I certainly hope this procedure goes well, and Jean recovers soon.

It is another hot day here in Southern Arizona, but there is a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.  It was even pretty hot on my walk this morning, but there were some clouds that helped.

When I looked in my trunk (car) yesterday, I realized that I had a charging device that I could have used to jump start my car on Monday.  Just never thought of it.  Hopefully, I will remember the next time I need a battery charge.  Oh well.....

The senior lunch program and gym went okay yesterday, and my gym buddy who fell off a machine and hurt her back was there -- very happy to see her.  Another lady who I have talked to a few times (very friendly) said she saw me with the personal trainer and wondered what was going on.  When I told her that I had signed up for a couple of lessons, she said that she thought I was one of the most fit  people there based on my work on the elliptical machine.  That was nice of her to say, but I am much less fit on other machines -- particularly the strength ones.  

Nothing exciting planned for the day, but that is fine with me.  Maybe I will get some much needed cleaning done.  No TSV for me -- I have plenty of storage containers.  But, I think they are a good idea.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday., August 28th)

Linda L, I also hope that Jeans procedure goes well tomorrow & she can go home.  I am sure that you are one of the fittest people at your gym.  That was a nice complement.

We are at the Capitol City & I am getting my infusion.  It was a bit tricky getting up here, but I think that we have it down pay for the next time.  

Wanted to take our eldest dgs for lunch, but he is working every day this week.  He has enjoyed  working at the Outback Steak House.

Gotta go.  I am all done.  More later.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with your infusion, twinny!

Honored Contributor

Hello all,  thanks for the update on Jean.  Extra prayers are going up for her procedure.

Linda, what a nice compliment from another gym member.  

Twinny, good luck with the infusion.

I ran out of enough things to warrant a trip to the grocery store this morning.  I was happy that many of the items on my list happened to also be on special pricing this week Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte   Thank you, Linda, for the update on Jean.  What an ordeal she has been through!  I'm still praying for her recovery.

When you had posted about your car battery, it reminded me that my car is over 5 years old with the original battery.  My last car's batteries always lasted about 6 years, but I'm not messing around.  The last time one died on me it was 0 degrees, but the car was home in the garage.  I might not be that lucky this winter, so I'm going to have a new one put in next month!  Thanks for the reminder!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, its always nice to get things that you need on sale.  As much as I don't like to go from grocery store to grocery store, I do it because most of the time all three have different things on sale & they are all on the same road just a few blocks from each other.

2blonde, it sounds like it would be a good idea to get a new battery.  We had one put in our Subaru Forester about 6 months ago & 4 new tires.  It's a 2015, but we put on 12,000 miles going from Coast to Coast & then some.    Oh, we also had to get a new windshield because a chip  spread very quickly in the 100° temps.

My infusion went well.  My only side effect is drowsiness.  We had a good lunch out & did a little shopping.  My only purchase was 2 bags of SF black licorice at $1.99 each.

The big news here was a plane crash 2 miles away from our home last night.  It luckily landed in a  cornfield which softened the landing.  It was out of Rochester, MN & heading to CHGO. with 3 people aboard.