Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday Aug 31st

@Bellabutterfly, happy 27th, enjoy your dinner out. Good luck with the closet clearing.

We'll be working on the deck and closing the pool for the season, weather permitting. I know, we live such an exciting life, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, just reading realized FunkyHoolaGirl hasn't posted in awhile.

Just checking to see anybody knows if all is well or just computer issues?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon, I have been sneaking in to read but have not had time to post.   Friday is my last day and I am furiously tuing up loose ends.  I am working harder that ever to retire!  LOL!

I am so looking forward! 

My big plans for next week are closet cleaning, I want to go through my fall/winter thigs and take to a local consignment store.  Clothes must be season appropriate ., I have signed up for a Zumba Toning class on T/TH morning, will bhe so nice to be able to do that in the morning instead of the evening.

Then packing for a week at Surfside beach, SC.  We are leaving on Sept 10th.

Can't wait, after all this preparing to retire work I will certainly be ready for a vaction.

I am glad to see that everyone seems well.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

CouponQueen - glad to hear someone missed me.  I've been spending less time on the computer, what with browser problems (they seem to get worse and worse), all the nasty click bait on just about every site which ad blockers aren't effective against, etc.  I tried to post a few times but on Chrome I get to the sign-in page, but after it puts in my email addy it doesn't let me go any further - the password box never appears.  I decided to try Firefox, which I can't stand (I keep getting "script busy" messages and it hangs up several times an hour), and it did let me in.

Well, the summer turned out to be a real bust - the last pool I got had to be returned as well - I can't win! Cat Frustrated  It wouldn't stay inflated overnight, so back to Amazon it went.  Classes started this week; these two are more in my field on interest - staffing and communications. I'm also doing a course with Dallas Theological Seminary, as this one is FREE.   

Thus far I've been sticking to my resolution of not buying any new clothes for myself, but I went to Tractor Supply for bird seed and kitty litter the other day (Their "Paws & Claws" clumping litter is by far the best), and saw a couple of racks of clothing with a sign that said "$5."  Well, of course I had to look and was totally amazed by what I found - a lovely dress by one of the One World brands, some gorgeous long skirts, and even palazzo pants. (Are they still calling them that?)  Who'd have throught? Cat Surprised I got a dress for my cousin's birthday, which is in October (she lives in Florida, so short sleeves are OK), and a skirt and palazzo pants for my BFF.  They had everything I liked best in my size, but I resisted - it breaks my hearts when at the end of the season I swap out clothes and come across so many pretty things I never got to wear.

For those of you who have kids/grandkids, or - as in my case - are getting things for the Operation Christmas Child boxes, Walmart has school supplies for 50-95% off!  I got some really pretty, fancy notebooks (with cartoon characters or prism-type covers) for 50¢ each (others were only 25¢), and pencil cases that were originally $5.99 were anywhere from 20¢ to 50¢.  Lots of other stuff as well, but I just looked at items that were small enough to fit in shoe boxes - they had backpacks, binders, and more.  

LindaL, I'm glad to hear your life is going better for you; DH is well cared for, and I'm sure he'd want for you to be able to relax and enjoy yourself as well.

Charlene, my mother was like that as well - her taste ran to frills and lace and really girly-girl stuff, whereas I've always preferred things that were simple and elegant.  She never could accept that my taste was nothing like hers. Oh well...hope you have a fun time.

I finally got my pillows from QVC - it took the better part of a month. Cat Mad That's the last time EVER I will order from them!  The CS rep I talked to said they'd "put something into my account" to compensate me for all the problems (they cashed my check, but the order showed as "cancelled" so it had to be "researched"), but all they did was give me free next-day shipping.  After all that I'm not particularly impressed with them - they're comfortable enough, but the feather/down pillows I got at IKEA (for less than half the price) are just as good, if not better.  I'll keep them, because I can only imagine the nightmare it would be to return them, but next time I need something I can't find locally, I'll go to Amazon.

Well, it's time to take my babies for a ride - Sonic is having 50¢ corn dogs all day, and Autumn and Angelica adore them.  I usually get them two each, and two for me as my dinner, but they scarf theirs down then try to steal mine so it's a challenge eating them! 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Trusted Contributor

Enjoy, enjoy!!!!! You've earned it.

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Hey Arlene, good to see you posting.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise