Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday., April 10th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope the weather is okay in your area, and those of you having problems with sleep, pain, etc., are better.

For some reason (probably since it is getting light earlier), I am waking up a bit early lately.  Rather than fight it, I have been doing a little reading in bed before getting started on my day.  Actually, pretty nice.

As predicted, it is much cooler here today, and the wind has already picked up.  Not bad on my walk, thank goodness.  And, they picked up the recycling early -- we have open recycle boxes that can be a problem if is windy.

My plans for an early lunch with a couple of ladies from my caregivers group have been delayed -- now it will be a late lunch since one of the ladies was able to get a cardiology appointment this morning.

After much thought and going over papers, etc., I have decided to take my tax materials into the CPA today.  Fingers crossed he can figure things out so that I don't need to file for an extension.  Things are even more complicated due to DH's passing/trust, etc. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday., April 10th)

Linda @LindaLatte   thanks for getting us started today.  I hope that the appointment with the CPA isn't too aggravating for you.  

After living with birds as long as I have, I tend to follow their schedule when it comes to sleeping and rising daily.  They're driven by daylight and it would appear, so am I now.  I cheated last night and went to bed around maybe 10 pm and fell asleep with a pillow over my face.  When I awoke around 8 am I was stunned. 

I've been working the facebook marketplace items and decided to donate one of the oryany bags that I bought in the wine color.  Still love that bag in olive and navy - the wine never really did float my boat and I forced myself to carry it.  

This experience is curing me of any shopping urges and it's a good thing Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday., April 10th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I think reading is a great way to start the day when waking up early. I don't envy your task of filing income taxes with the factors entering into it this year.

Bernie--Our pets have a way of being alarm clocks for us. Your selling on the marketplace is going well. I know you loved the style of that bag but sometimes a color just doesn't do it for us. In that case, it is good to sell it to someone else.

I didn't go to sleep until a little after 2am and was awakened at 7:30 with a phone call. Hopefully this night will go better; however, I went to bed to read a little after Noon and discovered two hours later that I had fallen asleep. I'm usually adjusted by now but muscle aches in legs also played a role.

I put the trash out before Midnight for this morning's scheduled pickup. For some reason, Waste Management has not picked it up and they usually do by 9am.

I haven't seen anything to tempt me to shop, which is a good thing with the trip expenses plus the upcoming expensive purchase but one needed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.