Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed. Sept 4th)

Good Morning Woman Happy

I was happy to see the garbage men today.  I managed to get the homemade bench press bench (?) out of the basement over the weekend without straining anything and I happily dragged it to the curb this morning.

They tossed it in the garbage truck and that truck was never the same for as long as I could hear it Woman Very Happy  Every time they added more garbage and turned on the compactor it screamed.  The bench was made out of hardwood and had lots of metal brackets on it.

It seems like fall is in the air so I keep checking JCP online for the new arrivals for tall ladies.  There are some really nice jackets/trench coats being offered in the misses size range and I can only hope they offer them in talls.

What's going on in your world today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed. Sept 4th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I am glad you were able to get the bench press out so the trash truck could digest it. Ignore its digestion sounds; it is out of your way! I'm sure that you will find some good treasures at JCP.

What's new in my world? Nothing, except I feel like I have a cold in the making but my temperature says otherwise. I got an email from FedEx that said my system would arrive tomorrow. The company didn't send me a link but I registered with FedEx sometime ago so I get notified when anything is coming my way.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Uh no Jean @KonaKat I hope you are not coming down with something.  I'm sitting here laughing my head off and shaking it at the same time.  I listed an item on the marketplace called a rub a dub dog tub.  Considering my dog has been on the other side of the rainbow bridge since Sept 2008 and it appears that the bird phase of my life will continue since the addition of Finley, I thought sell it.

An interested party just asked how tall it is.  I included this image in the posting, sigh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies.....thanks for starting Bernie that sounded like a job getting that bench  press 

out of your house.....any takers for your dog bath.  My dogs would just walk into my shower in my MBR and stand there and wait like statues.....they were both black labs.

Hope you aren’t coming down with a anything Jean.  Our weather hs been great ...we did just get an alert for severe storms maybe today and maybe by the end of the week some rain and wind from Dorian.  That is terrible pictures of the devastation in the Bahamas.....

Had an early apt for my cut and color today...it was almost 7 weeks since I last went....she was out all of August getting one of her sons off to college out in Ohio and busy with the others.

Not much else going on here......tonight making one of my new  favorite  meals....shrimp scampi.....I can’t believe how easy and fast it is to do.      Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Some people don't take the time to read the specifics. When I had my accident, I knew people were asking questions so I gradually composed a blow by blow description of it and posted it on Facebook. One of the comments posted below the description was "How did it happen?"

Maryanne--I imagine you feel much better with the cut and color. I am supposed to have mine done this Saturday, an appointment made six weeks ago. I assumee I can still make it but time will tell.

I am watching 600LB Life on Hulu. Dr. Now is confronting a patient about her excuses for not losing weight before surgery. Said patient stated she had been in her body for 26 years so she knew what worked for her.The doc said he had been a doctor far longer and knew what med and science said.The patient retorted with "If God wants me to lose weight then I will."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are rid of the bench press bench, and I hope the garbage truck survives okay.  Hope you find some nice things at JCP -- I know you are good at finding nice items there.  That is pretty funny about the dog bath.  Unfortunately, I think many of us tend to scan over things without really reading alt the details, but I would think a picture like that would do the trick.

Our trash was collected today -- the website provided incorrect information.  But, at least it was collected. I was able to help a neighbor (very bad shape) get her trash to the curb.  I was happy that I walked by just at the right time this morning.

Hope you don't have a cold, Jean. I think I am suffering from allergies -- doing a bunch of sneezing and my nose is running.  So, I am taking OTC allergy medicine.  Also hope you like your monitoring system.  Would you mind mentioning the brand/type you selected?  If not here, perhaps on FB messenger?  Thanks in advance.

I really like shrimp scampi, Marijane.  Many years ago, when I was divorced I cooked up a batch of shrimp scampi as part of a dinner I made for my "rebuilding" group when we were staying at a beach house.  Everyone went crazy for it, and it was so very simple to make. Unfortunately, I have not made it much since I have been alone.  One of the best meals I ate in Italy was some scampi in Portofino.  

Hope you don't get too much rain or bad storms.  DD said that they are still having rain, so her deck staining is still not complete.  It has been weeks.  Glad you got your hair done.  

I got good news on two fronts.  One is an unexpected refund for part of what I paid for my car registration.  Arizona changed the law on one of the fees, and I had paid for five years, so I am entitled to a $64 refund for when those fees are no longer charged.  What a surprise.  Another, bigger deal is that my security screen doors are made and ready to be painted.  Someone will come and check on paint colors (I just asked for a color that would match the house color), and it sounds like the doors could be ready by next week.  That would be great.

This morning I went to my audiologist because I was having problems with my replacement hearing aid working with the older one.  Long story short, it was something the audiologist should have done, and she was apologetic.  I am just happy that I finally had it fixed.  I asked her about new hearing aids when my insurance will pay for part of them -- August 2020, and she said they are coming out with some she likes better and should be an improvement for me.  That was good news.

Nothing exciting going on here.  Very hot (100 plus) temperatures are expected today, but I got my walk in when it wasn't bad.  The other good news is that I was able to sleep much better last night.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, good job at getting the bench out for the garbage truck.  It's another nice fall day.

Jean,  hope that you aren't getting a cold.  

Marijane, yum, yum.  Let me know time dinner is!

Linda L, we are in the low 70's, but I got woke up at 5:30 Tuesday morning with a thunderstorm & we had 4" of rain in the gauge.  I am glad that you are getting relief from your one hearing aid.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @twinny70 @LindaLatte @KonaKat @Genny1   Bernie, your post about the dog washer made me laugh out loud.  I think maybe the person who asked about the height may be one of our college students!  Serously, I've decided people either don't know how to read, or they just don't comprehend what they're reading.  I see it a lot of it on these boards too.

Jean, I'm so glad your back home.  I've been kind of on and off here, but I was keeping track of your ordeal as Linda was relating it to us from FB.  You've helped us all by making us more aware of our surroundings and how much more vulnerable we are to them as we get older.  I'll keep praying for your speedy recovery.  I'm sure your beautiful kitty missed you too.

Nothing special  here in NE Ohio.  It was 83 yesterday, and today it looks and feels like fall.  Wahh.  Our first Browns game is on Sunday and  everyone around here is really pumped.  We sure deserve a winning team, and this year we should at least see a major improvement.  It's supposed to be 68 degrees for the game, which is cold for me, but perfect for football, and I'll be watching from the comfort of my warm living room anyway!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I got into the clinic yesterday at 9:40 & saw a NP.    She had me do labs and a urine specimen.   The labs are fine & I just had them done in July.  The specimen showed a microscopic particle that I couldn't see with my eyes.    She conferred with my GP whom wants me to stay on the Xarelto & have a specimen done when we get back from vacation.  Then we had a good breakfast out.

We are planning to leave on Monday for two weeks.  We are heading for OK on our way to NM.  Then we will have been to 49 states in 49 years.  Lord  willing.  Right now we have a B & B lined up in KS for the first night.

We like to go to Nat'l Park's & there look like some beautiful ones in NM.  We plan to get on Route 66 somewhere.  

My Dh's mom will be 94 years old on Saturday, so  we are buying her a gift card & taking her out for lunch tomorrow.   I was so blessed with my inlaws & 4 great bil's.  

I walked this morning & it was in the 60's.  Aaah!  

Esteemed Contributor

2blonde, yes 60's is perfect for 🏈🏈🏈.  We are Badger's fans, but that is a college team.  Our eldest dgs just started college at UW-Madison & has season tickets.  My DH is a Packer's fan.  Not me though.