Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., March 11th)

Good Morning Shopping Friends,

After encountering multiple fulfillment issues with a Prince super deluxe release that came out at the end of November, I can finally say I have a copy thanks to Barnes and Noble.  It was delivered yesterday.

As usual my JCP order was full of winners. 

On the down side, we have two presumptive cases of Corona in Michigan.  I'm sure the CDC will confirm it's true.  The location of the cases are in counties to the south and west of me by 10 miles.  Let's just say, it got real for me last night around 10 pm. 

How are you today? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., March 11th)

Hi Everyone!

Today is cool, cloudy and damp. The remainder of the week is without rain so I have my fingers crossed. I just need the yard and ground to dry out before the next shower. 

I have to pick up a prescription today and a few groceries. I will probably order another bag of dog chow just to have on hand. 

I was so happy to see "Pride & Predjudice" on yesterday and last night. It's one of my favorite movies. There are only a few movies that I can watch over and over again and that's one of them.

We've had a few cases of the virus reported here so I have my fingers crossed that people are cautious but do not panic. I'm thinking that I probably should put my lab work on hold until this is over. I'd rather be overly cautious than not.

So far, no alerts from the dogs since the flood lights are running at night. I do have led bulbs in them so I guess I'll be running them on a regular basis. I'm hoping that maybe it will keep even the "little" critters from hiding in the wood pile, etc. I suppose i'll find out when I start with the gardens.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you have finally received your copy of the Prince release and like your JCP order.  Hope the virus stays away from you.  My area is full of older people and quite a few of those with underlying health problems, and there is a lot of concern and even panic.  The front page headline of the local paper is not to panic along with a picture of the bare shelves in Wal Mart.  Supposedly, they got more toilet paper yesterday.

Many activities are being canceled, and some nursing homes/assisted living facilities are barring visitors or making them wear masks, etc.  I hope to visit my hospice patient this afternoon -- hope there is no restriction in her facility.  I plan to pick up my altered gown for the wedding this morning, and then I have a yoga class.

DH's DD e-mailed me that she and her husband have colds, and she is freaking out a bit about dealing with many more patients exposed to the virus in the hospital where she works (she is a physician in CA).  Hopefully, she will not have any problems, but I can understand her concerns.  Yours as well, Fressa.  I think being around potentially sick people could well be dangerous for someone like you who has serious health issues.  Glad the flood lights seem to be working so far.

It rained some this morning and may rain more today, tomorrow, and Friday.  It is warm so far.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, glad that you are happy with your clothes order from JCP Bernie and also with your Prince release.  

It is a bit chilly here and not so sunny .I did run back to the store this morning and what a difference a day makes......I thought maybe I slept thru the  summer  and woke up the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas all rolled into one.  The store was packed and the big supplies of t.p. And other items that were there  yesterday were just about gone.  Everyone I saw had their carts filled to the top....the lady behind me on line had 10 one gallon containers of bleach plus other cleaning items in her cart.....I even saw a lady walking around with a mask on......      I think we hve 2 people in our town with the virus and I just saw an alert that the next town from me have closed all their schools indefinitely as of 3 pm today....yikes!    I am wondering if our town won't be far behind.

I hope your lunch program is not shut down Linda....nor your other activities.    Not much else happening here.....stay safe everyone.....have a nice day...Marijane

Valued Contributor

No rain here today just warmth in NC. might haqve some tomorrow                                    ,I see where they did decide to not have fans at NCAA tournaments which IMO is a preventative.Keeps people from on the fence from having to make a decision . Yall stay safe and have a good night,