Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., June 5th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,  the rain that was forecasted for last night didn't arrive until this morning.  The sealant on the chimney crown had 20 hours to cure before the rain arrived Woman Happy

I forgot to mention the other day that I ordered a pair of clogs directly from easy spirit.  There's something going on with that site - I couldn't access my account information.  I guess they're working on it.  They gave me 15% discount and free shipping so I didn't complain.

It was time for me to repurpose the older olive clogs I had been wearing to 'yard shoes' and when I went to my closet, I realized I had only one pair of clogs.  I usually always have a spare pair.

Easy Spirit Equip Clogs - Dress Suede - Blue (Size 7), Medium Width

I like the Eliana style because they have adjustability across the arch.  They retired the Eliana and brought out the Equip.  There weren't too many of my size available so I went with the navy ^^^^^^.

I saw an email that the shoes shipped but I didn't open it.  The email address looked weird like it really didn't come from the company.  There was no reference to EasySpirit in it. 

I'll keep an eye on my Visa, lol, and just go on faith that the new clogs are on their way.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., June 5th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie -   I like the clogs, hope there is nothing wrong with your Visa..  I hate when my card get compromised and have to get a new one.  The one I use on the internet only, has been compromised 3 times.  For some things that I buy, I still send in a check.

Not much happening here.  WE are getting some rain today, I think I may do a little cleaning.  I live an exciting life here.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I hope that your card wasn't compromised.   I have a pair of Eseliana Easy Spirit clogs in navy/olive green that look like yours except the imitation fastener on mine looks like a cave man  bone.    I wore them a lot last  fall/winter.   We  had a brief thunderstorm last  night at bedtime.   It's  a beautiful sunny 80° today.  Then it will even be better when we get several sunny 70's days in a row.

Susan,  it's going to be a lazy afternoon afternoon around here for  me.

My DH & I went out for lunch this  morning & then paid our respect to a nearby cemetery & then on to the cemetery where my dfil is buried.

Tomorrow we are going to the cemetery where my great grandfather is buried.  His wife is buried in the first cemetery that we went to.  I have no idea why they are in two different cemeteries.  Then we are filling our gallon jugs at the Artesian Well and then having lunch out with friends.  

We had leftovers from breakfast for lunch and supper is a ?  My DH is mowing the grass again and then it's hot tub time.

We went to Shopko this morning and I got a pair of beach slides for $4.50, my DH got a pair for $6.50 & he also got a pair of Sketcher's running shoes w/memory foam for $35.00.  They were all 50% off.  I will miss this store when it closes next month.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I do like the shoes and hope the order went through without your Visa being compromised.

This was the day I was to go to Columbus for the appointment but when I heard on Monday the weather forecast for my area and Columbus for today, I decided to change the appointment. I figured that it would end up being a decent day but the weather person nailed it again. It began raining again last night and we have had storms off and on all day.

I lead an exciting life so I put the trash out at 5:30am, had breakfast and then paid bills. I've been watching "St. Elsewhere" off and on all day with Midnight keeping me company as he snoozed on the sofa. 

I did check the status of my orders and saw that there is a delay enroute with UPS.

This was a day I had decided to reduce the number of steps for a rest but decided to try the FitBit alert of getting in 250 steps each hour. So far I have managed that since 7am. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Well the email confirmation for the order and the charge on the Visa shows Easy Spirit. 

It was just that shipping email that had me looking sideways, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Those clogs look nice.  Glad your chimney crown had even more time to cure.

Hi Susan, sounds like quite a few of you are having rain or had it recently.  In contrast, it is dry and hot here in southern Arizona.  They are predicting 100 degree temperatures next week, but "only" upper 90's this week.  We had a cooler than normal May, but seems like summer is back now.

Glad you were able to go to the cemeteries, twinny.  You and your DH certainly do get around a lot -- good for you.

I know you don't love the rain, but I'm glad you didn't change your appointment and then have it not come as predicted, Jean.  Update on my steps per 30 minutes -- yesterday I got more than 4,000 steps on the elliptical.  It said I was at 97% peak, and I certainly felt like I was going full tilt.  LOL

I had my first OLLI yoga class this morning, and I'm certainly not a "natural" for yoga.  It is only for the month of June (once a week), so I guess I'll try to make it through.  One of my bookclub friends was in the class, and then I ran into one of my friends going to another class.  

Next I rushed to the senior lunch program since they needed help with the salad bar today.  The other volunteer (who I did not know before) was very competent and nice.  So, it wasn't a difficult job.  

After that, I stopped by the hardware store to pick up a resin Adirondack chair that was on sale.  It is so hot here that plastic lawn chairs lose their paint after a while.  One time, DH's DD sat on one of ours and got white stuff all over her.  I have decided to get rid of those chairs and replace them when I find some that are nice.  I don't often sit out on the patio in any case, but it is nice to have a chair there when I feel like doing so.

DD's front door and new storm door were finally installed today.  Her contractor had problems with skin cancer (surgeries and then rain delays.  The door looks lovely, and I know she is a happy camper.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. No word on my hospice patient.