Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., July 21st)

Hello all, it's currently partly cloudy and 70 degrees here in my neck of the woods.  Suffice it to say, my idea of what summer should feel like Woman Very Happy  I have the windows open and I'm trying not to watch the clock.  Frances appointment with the vet is at 3:30 pm and I swear the day iis flying by.

How are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., July 21st)

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama--- I hope Frances' appointment goes well this afternoon.

It's a bit cooler today and we may get another storm. We have some wind but not too bad. We did a thunderstorm last night with lightning so the dogs were not happy. I think it will take me another month before the storms and wind do not have me checking the few trees that look a little "sick". 

I did warch some of the CIJ and then switched the channel to a DIY program. I like the Lindor brand of truffles and have a bowl sitting on the buffet. I ordered the Landies candies last week so I think that's my limit if I want to get into my clothes. LOL  I did order the Cinn. Apple bagels and really liked them. 

I purchased the Philosophy shower gel for the hubby because he prefers that brand to a few of the others that I had ordered. I use the JM scrub, L'ocitane Almond oil or First Aid shower gel. It depends which one has the super size on sale. They all work for my sensitive skin so YIPPEE !

Today I did order a pair of jogging pants on the lunchtime specials for our DIL for her birthday. It came in petites so I grabbed up the grey pair. I ordered the bonus buy Sketchers in grey for me. I've read mixed reviews about the "knitted" top to sneakers but thought that this might work better for my foot that has the issues. I liked the sole of the shoe so hopfully they will run true to size. 

It's been a week of breathing advisories so I'm behind on the household chores. Today will be a Dyson day. I 'm not sure when I''ll get some weeding and outside chores handles this week.  I'll have to check the forecast. I need to tackle that cedar closet as well. Too many chores. LOL 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sure hope the vet visit for Frances went okay, Bernie.  Please let us know.

Glad your weather is nice.  We are expecting a high of 98 degrees here (and we already are at that temperature), with a chance of rain again.  And, they have issued a flash flood warning for the weekend.  Hope that doesn't materialize.  

Glad you were able to order something for your DIL, Fressa.  Hope you enjoy the candy and bagels you ordered.  I could not have chocolate candy outside the refrigerator these days since they would surely melt.  Hope your weather improves.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the hospice patient I was supposed to visit this afternoon passed away over the weekend.  Hopefully, they will find a new patient for me.  I still will be doing the deliveries and letters.  And, finally the senior lunch program will be starting up in September.  They promised a review session which I need after about a year and a half away.  Plus, I suspect there will be some changes due to COVID.

I had my hair cut today, and I am pleased with it.  Meanwhile, I have already received notice that my flight to Las Vegas in September (for my Utah parks trips) has been changed -- three hours earlier, which is disappointing.  I may take a shuttle to the airport rather than drive since I need to be there so much earlier (to avoid having to park and take a shuttle from the parking lot).

I also looked at my trip itinerary a little closer and realized the activity level is higher than I remembered -- like pretty steep hikes, etc.  I think that I will go back to the gym for strength training (no cardio, since I think I do well with it.)  Not sure that I trust the gym, but hopefully it will be okay to be around other exercisers not wearing masks.  There is no requirement that you be vaccinated or wear a mask, and I am pretty sure that there are some unvaccinated people around here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

So Frances and I experienced our first 'curbside' veterinarian experience today.  The appointment was at 3:30 pm and closing time today was 5:00 pm.  The vet tech took Frances' history over the phone.  I also filled out some paperwork.  The vet tech took Frances and a couple of minutes later the vet talked to me on the phone.  Frances is going on antibiotics and an anti inflammatory.  She was dosed this afternoon before I brought her home. 

Tomorrow Frances will be sedated and have full body X-rays.  The X-rays will be evaluated by the doctor and also sent to a board certified radiologist for confirmation.  I should receive a digital copy of the X-rays tomorrow.  The wound will be cleaned and debrided.  The wound discharge will be cultured which will take 7-10 days to confirm that the doctor prescribed the best antibiotic.

First concern, clear up remaining infection. 

Second concern, bone healing.  I probably didn't mention this last Friday.  There has been a shard of something emerging from the wound since last week Monday.  It was hanging 1/2 was out of the wound and Frances decided to preen it out all of the way last Friday.  It was bone and I took it with me when I went to the vet today.

Because the appointment time was so close to closing time the initial suggestion was to keep Frances overnight and start the in depth diagnostics tomorrow morning.  I asked questions about the accommodations and learned she would be alone in the dark in a cage. Uhhh, Frances sleeps with a nightlight on in a bed covered with white linens.  Presto is her room mate and Frances is used to having company, her own grit and pickstone and her own food.  The last thing that I wanted was for Frances to think I took her to strange people and dumped her. 

Suffice it to say, France was dosed with her meds before we left the vet. She's at home in her own environment with her own food and water dishes and a flock that loves her.  I'll take her for her diagnsotic procedures at 9 am tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  if possible keep your distance from other folks at the gym when you work out.  I think as long as nobody is huffing and puffing in your direction you should be okay.  As far as close unmasked contact goes, I can tell I've been traumatized by the pandemic, lol.  I took garbage to the curb yesterday morning and the lady who lives with my neighbor kitty corner from me decided to introduce herself and walk across the street to chat.  I didn't have a mask on and neither did she.  I tried really hard to not be weird about it however every time she stepped closer, I stepped back.  We were probably 6-8 feet across from each other. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hope all goes okay with Frances tomorrow, Bernie.  Sounds like they are doing their best to investigate his/her issues.  Also hope you are able to sleep tonight. I'm sure it will be difficult for you.  Hugs

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--It sounds like they are being thorough with Frances. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get all the results sent to you quickly. Good thing you were able to bring Frances home so she was with her room mates for the night before her procedures.rances is so lucky to have found a home with you. What a lucky bird she is.