Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., July 17th)

Hello all,

I ended doing just a little shopping with JCP last night Woman Embarassed 

There were having some pretty rocking sales so I ordered this skirt

Liz Claiborne Womens Pencil Skirt

This top

Liz Claiborne Womens Crew Neck Short Sleeve Blouse

I decided to try a 3 pack of goldtoe crew socks.  

GoldToe® 3-pk. Non-Binding Crew Socks- Women's

Total out of pocket $41 Woman Very Happy  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., July 17th)

Bernie--You scored some great items from JCP. Enjoy them!

We cancelled our trip to Columbus because of the questionnable weather, possible storms, and heat. We were just going to enjoy the Cheesecake Factory. That can wait until another time.

I bought a token item from Amazon yesterday. It is a folding cane with great reviews. I plan to put it in my carryon when travel as my knee can get unpredictable. 

It is now getting overcast. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean I can appreciate cancelling the road trip when the weather is unstable like this.  The heat index is going to get pretty bad around my part of the state this coming weekend. 

I think a folding cane is a great idea for travel.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @KonaKat   Bernie, those were nice deals at JCP!  Jean, we will be getting rain and storms today from Barry.  I imagine you are getting plenty of it down there too.  Once the storms are gone, it's supposed to to 95 on Friday here in Lake County, but up to 98 degrees in Cleveland.  I guess I'm going to have to break down and turn on my A/C by Friday!  Up until now, the heat hasn't been bad for me, but even freeze babies have their limits!  I'm off work on Friday, so no escaping to my A/C at work that day.

I didn't do the Amazon prime thing, but I did take advantage of a good sale at ShopLC on Monday.  They had 35% off most items, with free shipping and a $20 voucher good for an August purchase.  I bought an Ethiopian opal and tanzanite ring (like I need more jewelry......but it's hard to pass up a good sale).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Laura @2blonde  I would say if you are going to get similar weather to what's coming my way, it's a good idea to turn on the A/C.  One of the power companies in Michigan said that to conserve power raise the A/C to 78 degrees.  Uhhh, that's my normal temp on the A/C Woman Very Happy

I could probably go to 79 however I worry about my birds getting overheated because heat rises and they are upstairs.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   I'm with ya!  I hate when the A/C comes on and hits me with that cold air as I'm sitting on the sofa in my shorts and tank top!  I also keep mine on 78 or 79, whenever I break down and decide to turn it on.  My problem is that it's usually at least 5 degrees hotter upstairs where my bedroom is.  I have to drop it down a few degrees before bed.  I've already made up my mind to turn it on Thursday night or Friday morning and turn it off on Monday.  My cat will likely take a few swats at me as I'm shooshing him out of the window so I can close it!  Cat Mad

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  as far as I'm concerned the best selling feature of whole house A/C is that it gets rid of the humidity.  That's what bothers me the most about summer.  I don't like to step outside and feel like I am being hugged by the humid air Woman Very Happy

One of the my weather forecasters on ABC affiliate WXYZ calls it the air you can wear.  The other new guy just said last night that by Thursday we are going to feel like we are wearing a 4 piece suit when we step outside.  I had to laugh - I know about 3 piece suits and have never heard of 4 piece suits, unless he was counting the shirt Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   Maybe an overcoat!  I've heard the "air you can wear" before......must be meteorologist buzz.  How about, you can "cut it with a knife!"

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laura--You made some great buys. The Ethiopian opal ring sounds interesting; I love opals. Yes, I think it is time to turn on the AC.  I have a bedroom that is colder than the rest of the house. It feels that way because of a vent near the bed.

Bernie--4 piece suit? Undoubtedly said to drive the point home. Of course, he might include the bulletproof vest some wear. I read too many books in which the hero is saved by the vest. Never heard of "air you can wear."

I just turned on the TV and saw Chef Tony making the most yummy looking creations. It was almost enough to tempt me to buy, but I didn't.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies.......nice skirt and top Bernie, especially the colors....the socks...well they are nice too,

it it is going to be a neat wave for us too her in the tri state area next few days, probably even too hot for me to go out to the pool.  I also keep my air on at 78 upstairs but down here I usually don’t   Turn  it on till late afternoon when the sun is here.  I had gone out to the store earlier and when I came out of the store the doors opened and I got blasted with the hot outside air.  We already have heat and severe thunder storms  alerts  for later today. 

Sounds like you picked up some nice jewelry LURA.....I hope they are winners when they arrive.  I did not buy anything on Prime day...in fact I had forgotten about it.

Not much going on here... I am trying my luck at shrimp scampi tonight....I made it once. before and it was pretty simple and fast to make....and pretty good!

have a nice day everyone....stay cool....Marijane