Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed, Jan 4th

Hello shoppers, the cold and windy weather moved in last night.  From what I hear it's going to get even colder in the next day or two.  I wish we would get a little snow so I could try out my crazy snow joe shovel, ha ha ha.

Would you believe that I broke my neck to buy a new scanner and later found out I could download a PDF receipt of my premium payment from my health insurance company.  Thank goodness I didn't pay an arm and leg for the new scanner.  It will come in handy one day, I am sure, he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed, Jan 4th

Good Afternoon!  I would not like your weather, Bernie.  I do hope you have a chance to try out your new snow shovel.  Interesting about the PDF receipt.  I can't remember if it was at the end of 2015 or earlier, but I needed to scan and fax or e-mail some documents, and my printer's scanning feature did not work.  I ended up ordering a new printer, but I don't have a lot of confidence in it.  I will try to remember that PDF idea if this happens again for me.

It is a bit warmer here today plus it is sunny.  I'm a happy camper.  Also happy that DH seemed much better today -- he was able to walk, and he had his eyes open the whole time I was there.  When I arrived, they were having a "seated"  Zumba class, which I really enjoy.  I also managed to get my gym workout in before the visit.  The gym was hopping, which is not unusual in January when our "Winter visitors" are in town and people get serious about getting into shape..

I want to pick up a few things from the grocery store before I go back to visit DH and feed him dinner.  Not much else going on here, which is fine with me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm sure that the scanner will come in handy when you least expect it. Want to try out your snow shovel? The word is that we are about to be hit by a big one starting sometime tomorrow.

Linda--I am glad that DH seemed to be doing better today. A "seated" Zumba class sounds interesting. Right now, I wish I could be a winter visitor to your area, but don't know if I would partake of the gym facilities. You are so good at your fitness routine.

I subbed today and it was the class from Hades. I didn't think the day would ever end. I needed some comfort food so I stopped at the Italian place for a carry out. I work tomorrow but the Friday work may be non-existant if the snow moves in at the amount they expect. Do I like Winter? Hibernation time!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies --

@Bird mama   Did someone say snow??? New shovel to try out???  Come on over, we have plenty to give that snow shovel a good old college try.   haha    We don't really complain about it, because the association clears our drive and sidewalk - even the porch.  That's funny about your scanner, didn't know anything about PDF receipts.

We've gone through several printer/scanner/fax/copier gizmos over the years.  With a business, I always have nonsense that requires those machines.

@LindaLatte  Happy to hear DH is better.  Hope he enjoys the chair zumba.  You are so good at getting your exercise in everyday, even with all the other activities you have during the day.  That's just wonderful, keep it up.

@KonaKat  We have plenty of snow already, hope we don't get anymore for awhile.  We also had 8 degrees for a high today.  Tomorrow 6 and Friday 15, they say just 11 on Saturday.  It seems we moved much further north this winter, than last winter - even though we live in the same house.  Hope you don't get a big storm, winter driving can stress us all out.  Hibernation gets my vote.

Have a wonderful evening, hope your CCs can take a break tomorrow.  Mine will be locked in the wallet the rest of the week, hooray.