Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., February 13th)

Hello all, more snow today.  At least this batch is lightweight and looks like wispy snowglobe snow.  My excitement today is a trip to the local Hallmark.  I have some coupons and bonus point opportunities that expire tomorrow so I will be stocking up on the birthday cards for the great nieces and my sister and will buy Zoe's communion card since I know that is coming.  When I go to a Hallmark store, I make it count Woman Very Happy

I didn't think we'd get enough snow to accumulate so I will probably be out there shoveling again a little later.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., February 13th)

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope the snow isn't too difficult to shovel today.  Sounds like yesterdays ice/snow combo was a challenge.  LIke you, I take advantage of my trips to the Hallmark store.  I used my expiring coupons a week or so ago. I haven't decided whether I should go back to get a sympathy card today or just go someplace closer.  

Nothing exciting planned here.  I will probably call my friend, Jo Ann, a little later to check on her and see if she wants company.  Her son may have arrived, in which case we will probably wait until later.  A DVD I had on hold is available at the library, and I'll probably walk there since our weather is pretty nice.  In fact, it may even make it to 70 degrees later today.  Rain and cooler weather is predicted for tomorrow.

My DD and DGD are dealing with some sort of stomach virus, and both stayed home yesterday.  But, they are back to work/regular activities today.  Still not 100 percent, but both are pretty driven people (wonder where they get that?  LOL)  

The TSV indoor grill looks nice, but I do not need anything more than my old George Foreman grill, if that.  While I still cook and bake, there is no need for more equipment since I'm just cooking for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you had a good day at work, Jean, and you are headache-free, Charlene.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. After one of our posters talked about the number of pants she had (perhaps IMW?), I counted mine, and I have more than you but less than your DH's estimate.  Ridiculous.  I need to get back to de-cluttering.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, the snow is over here too.  Monday night it started to ❄❄❄ hard, so we went out at 10:30 p.m. armed with a snow blower and two shovels. We had about 3" already , but it was an easy job. Yesterday was an interesting day.  Since I had an 8:30 clinic appointment, we went out at 6:30 a.m. and started to shovel/snow blow the driveway.  We were trying to beat the snow plow & put the Subaru at the end of the driveway.  DARN!  We were 5 minutes too late.  We had about a  foot of snow at the end of the driveway.  I think that we got at least 8" if not more total.  The roads were good & we had no trouble getting to the Clinic.  Have fun at the Hallmark Store.  

All schools were closed yesterday.

As soon as we got to the Clinic, it started to ❄❄❄ again.  I had a good report from my GI Dr. so I was very happy.  We celebrated with a good breakfast in the Clinic Cafe.

Then we went to get our taxes done.  Her Tax Co. is just a few blocks away.  When we got back home, we shoveled again.  I think that it snowed at least 6 times & my DH was on top of things.  This morning the snow plow came by again with a small present.  It was a 15 minute job and now it's 🌞🌞🌞 & in the 20's.  This much snow reminded me of the 70's & 80's when our dc were young.

Jean, we saw that 30 car pileup on TV yesterday too.  That town is about 4 hours North of us.  Our roads are good, but I have no desire to go away today.  It's our Polka band day, but that place could be slippery.

It's a beautiful sunny day in the 20's.  Tomorrow might be a mixture of precipitation.  No big plans for today.  I can't believe that February is 1/2 over.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope the snow isn't too difficult to shovel today.  Sounds like yesterdays ice/snow combo was a challenge.  LIke you, I take advantage of my trips to the Hallmark store.  I used my expiring coupons a week or so ago. I haven't decided whether I should go back to get a sympathy card today or just go someplace closer.  

Nothing exciting planned here.  I will probably call my friend, Jo Ann, a little later to check on her and see if she wants company.  Her son may have arrived, in which case we will probably wait until later.  A DVD I had on hold is available at the library, and I'll probably walk there since our weather is pretty nice.  In fact, it may even make it to 70 degrees later today.  Rain and cooler weather is predicted for tomorrow.

My DD and DGD are dealing with some sort of stomach virus, and both stayed home yesterday.  But, they are back to work/regular activities today.  Still not 100 percent, but both are pretty driven people (wonder where they get that?  LOL)  

The TSV indoor grill looks nice, but I do not need anything more than my old George Foreman grill, if that.  While I still cook and bake, there is no need for more equipment since I'm just cooking for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you had a good day at work, Jean, and you are headache-free, Charlene.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. After one of our posters talked about the number of pants she had (perhaps IMW?), I counted mine, and I have more than you but less than your DH's estimate.  Ridiculous.  I need to get back to de-cluttering.

Linda L, I counted how many pairs of pants I have & it's about 20.  That includes spring/fall/winter.  I am glad that your dd & dgd are on the mend.  We have an electric grill, so we don't need another one either.  I am sending prayers to your friend  Jo Ann.  I am waiting for a library book that is on hold, but there are a few hundred people ahead of me.

Trusted Contributor

Helo Ladies, we had the snow and ice yesterday too and the schools were closed,today was a 2 hour delay, the sun is out but windy. our driveway was plowed sometime during the night...the lawn guys in summer become driveway plowers  in winter.

Sorry to hear about your friends husband Linda and I am sure you will be a great comfort to her.in the days ahead.

I HAVE not seen the sv grill but I don’t need it either.   I am still waiting for my lug sv bag..it shipped several days ago from

Calif.   I am also waiting for the dishwasher repair man to come between 1-4.

Thats about all.....have a nice day everyone.    Marijane.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - slept in late, and darn-it, have a headache again.  Not as bad as Monday, I'm hoping the pain-killers will kick in and take care of it.  They do sometimes come in clusters.  Bernie - thanks for starting us off today.  Sounds like you and others on our boards are doing a lot of snow shoveling.  Would you believe I've never had the pleasure?  hee hee.  Stay safe.  Linda - I haven't tried many goat milk products, and am a little dubious of some of their claims.  That said, a woman sometimes sells goat milk soap at our local farmer's market, and that bar lasted forever!  Sorry to hear that you have family members that are under the weather, and very sorry to hear about your friend Don passing away.  Sending prayers for Jo Ann in her grief.  I have never tried Barefoot Dreams, and probably a good thing, as I don't want to start liking another line of clothing.  twinny - that drive to the funeral through blizzard conditions sounds dreadful.  How nice for you to attend though.  Glad to hear that your DDIL is doing well in the Philippines - will pray for her to have safe travels back to the US, and comfort for them.  Marijane - you're having to deal with snow and ice as well?  Yikes - hope you stay safe and warm.

Let's see...Yesterday, my headache-free day, I finished pruning our grape vines, sorted through the meat in our big freezer (making sure the older stuff is up front), and finished my Bible study.  Today it is raining.  We've gotten a lot more rain this year than last.  It actually feels like we're having a winter.  I love it.  Because of the headaches, I tore my bed apart this morning to wash everything: mattress pad, blanket, pillows, etc.  Need to do those thorough cleanings more often to cut down on allergen exposure.  Don't know yet what I am going to cook for dinner.

I have been pretty good about not shopping.  the only surprise, and I guess it was a good one was from back in mid-December.  I ordered J-356563, a little  Affinity diamond cat pendant.  At the same time I ordered the matching dog pendant. They were lunchtime specials. I may have told you this story before.  Anyway, I wanted both the pendants to wear together.  The dog came, but I waited and waited for the cat.  After an entire month, QVC sent me an email saying it was on "backorder".  Well that's weird, because lunchtime specials don't get re-ordered.  Then 2 weeks later I was notified that the order had been cancelled.  I checked on it's availability and it was "waitlisted."  Then I was kind-of mad.  I almost never call Customer Service and complain, but that time I did.  She apologized and put me on the waitlist, for the lunchtime special price.  Low-and-behold - I actually received it a few days ago - 2 months after the original order.  I thought there was only about a 5% chance that I would receive that cat pendant.  OK - that was a long story, lol.  I guess the point is, I went shopping back in December, but received it and will pay for it in February.  Does that count as shopping in February?  

Hope I get things accomplished today.  Have a great day everyone!  ~ Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

CERB, I think that it counts for a December and a February shopping day.  Enjoy.  You were lucky to get the LTS this late. I never think to look for them.