Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., Feb 5th)

Hello shopping friends Woman Happy 

My lock-n-lock TSV arrived yesterday and the olive color is pretty.  At first I thought I received the wrong set because the cup measurements on the side of each container was less than what was advertised.  For example:  the 24 cup container shows 18 cup on the side markers. 

Thanks to some discussions about the TSV with some other customers I realize the sizes are indeed accurate if I convert the ounces to cups.

I told you guys I primarily use my kitchen to get from one side of the house to the other and this proves it Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., Feb 5th)

@Bird mama    I understand completely.  My back door opens to my kitchen, so I'm also forced to walk through there to get to the TV in the living room.  Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde   Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank iyou for starting the thread. I am glad you are pleased with your Lock N Lock set. 

I worked today and will tomorrow. Yesterday, I went to the city and got my hair cut and styled. It was developing the shaggy dog look.

UPS delivered my Amazon order in the usual two day manner today. It was so nice to have a delivery to the house. I knew it was supposed to be delivered today but I went to the Post Office after work to get the mail and to pick up the packages just in case the delivery was to the Post Office. I hadn't checked the tracking link since yesterday.

Part of the mail included the 6 month statement for my Mobile Help alert system. I couldn't remember the exact amount but I see it is in the neighborhood of what I remembered and will be automatically billed to my credit card. It is just one of those expenses I can justify after my late August experience.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you like your L&L set, Bernie.  You and Laura are funny about kitchens.  I really enjoy being in mine, but I miss having a large kitchen where I could fit a table like I had in Maryland.  Not that I cook all that much any longer, but the kitchen is one of my happy places..

Glad you had your hair done yesterday, worked and got your Amazon order today, Jean.  I thought (not sure) that I paid for a full year of Mobil Help.  I decided to make it a "line item" on my budget so when the bill comes next year I should be ready.  Your incident last summer convinced me that it is a "need".

I had yoga class today, and then I stopped by to pick up a card at the Hallmark store and some milk at the grocery store.  I knew the parking lot of the shopping area would be crowded (as it was), but I was surprised at the grocery store.  The first Wednesday of the month is "senior day" where seniors get a 10% discount.  I usually avoid shopping on the first Wednesday for that reason, but the milk was needed.  Boy, was that a long line.  Anyway, I had another late lunch.

It did get quite cold last night (22 degrees) with a high of 49 degrees today.  Tonight will be cold again, but they are saying it should warm up tomorrow and then be much warmer by the weekend.

A couple of my friends are going to the movies to see "Porgy and Bess" tonight, but I decided that I wasn't up to it -- a bit sleepy and the cold is making my arthritis (knee) kick up.  Sitting for more that two hours would not be good for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda