Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., Feb. 26th)

Good Morning Woman Happy  I woke up to find a dusting of snow on the ground.  Snow continues to fall softly and it remains to be seen if we'll get the forecasted 5-6 inches by the end of the day.

My new platform bed frame was in Ohio the last time I checked.  My new bed in a box was shipped yesterday.  So far no movement on that one other than UPS being notified they are the shipper of choice.

Charlene's family is in my thoughts and prayers today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., Feb. 26th)

Bird Mama, we got 0" of snow and expected 6-12" of the beautiful white stuff.  Not even a ❄❄❄.  6" is manageable , but 12", not without help.  Enjoy your new bed.

Charlene, your & your family are in my prayers.

It was a busy day yesterday.  Wellness Center gym before we went to the movie their.  A little grocery shopping.

I am doing good at the gym.  It might not sound like much,  but I am able to do 3 out of the 4 pieces of equipment for 7 minutes each and a level 2.  The harder one for me, I am still on level 1 for 5 minutes.  It's harder to go from left to right and then go in the opposite direction.  Last Sunday was so nice that I was able to get my walk done downtown.  It's so nice to be able to window shop again.

It's going to be an easy day today for me.  Gym after lunch and meatloaf and baked potato for supper.

While we were at the gym yesterday, our tax lady called and they were done with our tax prep.  The good news is that we are getting $$ back from both the State and Federal government.  It's fun getting a refund since we paid in every year that we were working.

Our niece in S. IL will be turning 50 on March 2nd.  She laughs and takes it in stride, saying that she will be "5 perfect 10's",  so we are sending her a funny card and 5 perfect $10*s.  We look forward to seeing her & her family in April when we are on vacation and in their area.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is rain all day and all night. So far it's been off and on so I have my fingers crossed that continues thru the night. I have got to pick up another prescription today and a few grocereis. I hate to stand in that prescription line and not leave the store without a bag of food.

I was all set to email our signature forms to our tax guy and noticed we missed signing one form. I'll get that accomplished tonight and then I thought I would just mail the forms to him. I just don't think this old printer is going to scan multiple forms without acting up. I decided to avoid the frustration and time.  Hopefully this will work out fine. Then I can start my shredding process of the old files and get that box of papers off the den floor. Stuff like that bugs me because it's a reminder that it needs to be done. 

Keeping Charlene and her family in my thoughts and prayers today.

We still have our fingers and paws crossed for Midnight.

I was up at 5A to help Thor up the steps but got a little sleep until breakfast time for the dogs. He has his good days & nights on the steps and then reverts back. I think it depends on how tired he is. He was just so deathly ill twice withing six months that it scared him. His legs collasped from under him and he never got over it. It was some kind of a virus. Our female was sick when she was little and it stunted her growth a bit. She has the allergies and skin issues but she's happy and full of energy. She has no fear where our male is very cautious.

Tomorrow is forecasted to be windy all day. I have my fingers crossed that all the branches stay on the trees (especially in the woods next to our home)  I noticed a collection of new ones on the ground which is always worriesome. I have dusting this entire house on my list for tomorrow so I hope I can finally check that off my "to do" list.

My system seems to be adjusting to the new prescription after figuring out the timing of it and my others. What an ordeal. At least I have something to help with my symptoms so that's a good thing. i was surprised that it was so much more in price than my previous one. I do have decent insurance and also use the GoodRX coupons. Thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Honored Contributor

Hey @twinny70   The sidewalks and concrete around my house was warm enough to start melting what little snow fell last night and this morning so when I shoveled it was more or less slushy. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Fressa  It's good to read that the new RX is working for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope the snow continues to be manageable, and you like your new bed and frame.  Our trash company does not pick up large items like that unless you pay quite a bit (I think at least $150)  for a special pick-up.  And, none of the local charities take old mattresses.  So, when and if I purchase a new bed, I will pay for them to take the old one away.  

:Like you, I am continuing to pray for Charlene and her husband as well as Jean and Midnight.

You are doing such a great job at the gym, twinny -- way to go.  The gift for your niece turning 50 sounds wonderful.  I remember going to the bank to get a nice, crisp $50 bill when my DD turned 50.  I also got other gifts, but I liked the cash idea.  Happy your taxes are done and you will be getting refunds.  I am also very happy that I should be getting them as well.  I really wasn't sure since this is the first time I filed as single since DH died,

Glad your medicines are helping Fressa.  Good that you have decent insurance, etc.  Medication can be so expensive.  Good luck with Thor.  I can certainly understand your concern.

I'm back from my "happiness" OLLI class, and it was very good.  I have put some of these ideas in practice, but I learned some new ones to try.  Also talked to a lady who had been my orientation teacher at the recreation center years ago.  It was nice talking with her, and I think she was happy that I remembered her efforts.  She no longer goes to the gym due to health issues, but does things at home.

I have yoga class in a little while, and several chores to do later this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda