Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., August 14th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Woman Happy   The weather is once again lovely enough to open windows.  I think it's supposed to heat up a little this weekend so I'm taking advantage of every nice day.

I think the local post office received my Linea scythe necklace/set yesterday so I'm thinking it may be delivered today.

JCP has been running some pretty great sales lately and so far I've resisted temptation.  At this point I'm waiting for fall fashion Woman Happy  DSW sent me a $5 off coupon since it's my birthday month and they've been emailing me about freebies with purchase and I'm holding firm and not buying any new shoes either.  

Jean, I hope that you are feeling better this morning.  I read your post last night and after taking all those vials of blood, it's no wonder you felt a little 'less than'. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., August 14th)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are having such nice weather.  Hope you love your Linea necklace set .  Good job with your shopping resistance.  

Like you, I hope Jean is feeling fine today.  Perhaps your issues were just having so much blood taken the day before, Jean.  Yikes!  Sorry your insurance will not permit the Prolia shot.  I know that the shots are very expensive, and my insurance requires all sorts of paperwork from the doctor before allowing me to get the shot.  It used to be no cost to me, but now is $140 per shot.  I have been on many types of osteoporosis medication over the years, and I would really prefer to get off of them, but I am afraid to do so.  

Since we are expecting excessive heat today and tomorrow, I made it my business to get out for my walk earlier than normal.  It was pretty nice -- cloudy and not too hot -- for the first 50 minutes or so, but then I could feel the heat coming in.  Not sure if I'll venture out today since there is no "need" to do so.  Tomorrow is another story.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wed., August 14th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I am glad that the weather is cooperating with you. Good job on resisting all those JCP temptations. There will always be a sale.

Linda--Those shots are expensive but it was the doctor's opinion that the pills should suffice, so I never got a ruling from the insurance company. Good planning on getting your walk in early with the possibility of high temps.

I worked today with the odd thing being that I feel more energized at the end of the day than when I crawled out of bed to face the day. I also work tomorrow, and I have three days booked next week. I got an email that my Lug cosmetic case had shipped. I received today the succulent planter I just day before yesterday from Amazon.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.