Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed. April 18th

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, there is a mini series binge of the Ghost Whisperer on ION so Melinda Gordon and her ghosts are helping me greet the day Woman Very Happy

It's overcast and 35 degrees outside.  I've been outside to feed the wildlife and get the mail, however I haven't left the house since Saturday. 

I usually don't buy eggs unless I get a taste for them and I have a taste for them so I think I will take a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things.

Woo hoo Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed. April 18th

Bird Mama, we had a little bit of freezing rain on Sunday & then 11/2" of ❄❄❄.  My DH put a bit of salt down on  Monday.  We had TDS come hook us up to a package deal & we didn't want him to fall.  That all melted quickly, but we are getting light sleet now & we are under a storm advisory starting this morning and ending tomorrow morning.  They say 2-4" of snow is possible.   Tomorrow should be the start of a warming trend.  I don't mind the snow, so I am enjoying this last bit of winter.   The salt truck just went past our house.

I had my PT session yesterday morning & then we celebrated my bf 's DH's 70th birthday 🎂🎂🎂.    Lunch was at our nice Italian restaurant.  Then us gals beat the guys at cards.

We had breakfast out this morning  & now I am having a lazy day.  I have my final PT session tomorrow.  Yippee!  I am doing much better, but I plan to continue with my neck exercises.

My DH lost another class mate yesterday, so he will be going to another funeral on Saturday.

I am still in a "no desire to shop mood", so that is a good thing.  Next week will probably change when we are on vacation.

It is lunch time & then hot tub time.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Cold day there.  It was a little chilly on my walk this morning, but should make it up in the 80's with less wind today.  I am a happy camper 

DH is sleepy so far, and has some new sores on his bottom.  The hospice nurse knows and should visit tomorrow afternoon.  Meanwhile, the caregivers are putting him in bed after lunch and rotating him every couple of hours.

My DGS is not getting enough money for his totalled car to replace it without extra money, so DD and I will help out.  He may still need a small loan.  Yuck!

Sorry about your DH's friend, twinny. Sounds like his class is dying off fast.  My late brother was born the same year, but passed away nearly seven years ago.  Glad you are having the weather you like.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am so sorry about your DH 's bed sores & it is a shame about your dgs getting so little from the insurance company.  It seems like there are so many distractions these days.  So far our DGS has been lucky on the roads.  Now I better knock on wood.   Their car insurance is very expensive with a teenage boy driver even though they get a discount for his good grades & have !multiple vehicles.  I am glad that we only have one vehicle & mopeds.  They are cheap to own & get great mileage.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for getting us started. Like you, I don't keep eggs on hand but buy them only for the rare times I use them. Instead, I use Southwestern Egg beaters.

Twinny--Your vacation is nearing. I do hope you have a great time, but even more, I know how much you enjoy your snow. Hopefully, you will be able to get the snow you want.

Linda--I am so sorry that DGS's insurance will not pay for the full expected amount. He is fortunate to have you to help him out. I  have had two cars totalled and got the book value for them. It is a tricky business how they figure that.

I worked today,  which was a beautiful sunny day in the 60s, but rumors are that will be replaced by bad weather...but what is new ?

I did buy something from the Q today. I had that Don Aslett broom set which worked so well for a few years. I decided it needed replacement with the old one being banished to the garage. This is supposedly a new version. V35719.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.