Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Tuesday, September 18th

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is another hot day here, but it was okay on my walk this morning. Tuesdays are usually my "work days" at the senior lunch program, but I decided to take the day off as I had planned.  Although I feel a little guilty, I'm staying strong.  LOL

Yesterday turned out to be pretty busy for me with laundry, financial stuff, etc., plus more estate stuff.  Still plenty to do, but I am making some progress.  Doing a few more things today starting with a very early phone call to the East Coast.

Glad you were able to get a prescription for the medicine you need, Felicia.  Also glad you made it home okay, twinny.  Good that you have set up appointments for your DH.  

I saw on FB that Jean's test went well.  Thank God for that result.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the pool and had a nice swim.  My favorite pool buddy was there, and we talked a bit after doing laps.

Still not sleeping well, but at least I am eating much better and putting back the weight that I lost.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Tuesday, September 18th

Hello Ladies...funny day here...it's over 80 and very humid...one second the sun is blazing and the next it is pouring rain...we are supposed to be getting the tail end of Florence.  The area in the Carolinas still look to be a mess...a guy who does our tree work was around yesterday telling us he still hasn't heard from his m/I/l or brother who live down there.

I don't know why you should feel guilty Linda about taking the day especially when you had planned for it Linda......you are there every week to help out and they should be grateful you are there to help them....so a day off especially when you just get back from a trip and your trying to catch up on your things.....

Twinny I am glad that you and your DH are back home safe and sound....that was quite a trip.......I think that's a good move for your DH to get checked out by his Dr.

I had the pool guys close the pool today,they were here this morning.....so no more floating till next year.  IT is a few weeks earlier than I usually do but I figure GS  will not be up much on weekends as his sports have already started at school on weekends.

Not much else..went to the store this morning and bought salmon for supper.  THe Yanks and dreaded Red Sox come on at  lpm today...so will  be watching that.   just got a weather alert that lightning has been detected in my area.....the game is being played at   Yankee stadium  so we maybe having a rain delay sometime during th game.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello, we are having another sunny and hot day (at least hot to me).  They keep saying we are going to get rain and I keep waiting for it.  The trees and shrubs could use it.

I was able to pick up a few more bucketfuls of nuts this morning before the garbage men arrived.  I was able to put an old beat up lawn chair to the curb.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

After 2 days of hot weather, we are getting off and on rain & it's in the 70's.  It is supposed to be rainy for a couple of more days & we can use a bit more.  

Linda L.  It sounds like you need a day off at your lunch program to get caught up on things at home.  It s sounded like you had a nice vacation.

Marijane, too bad about your lawn guy not hearing from some of his family.  My DH is napping right now, so I don't know if he can get the Sox/Yank's game.

Bird Mama. You might get some of our rain real soon.

Jean. I am glad that your test results were good.

Felicia. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Since I couldn't hang the laundry outside this morning, I used the steam mop & did the floors.

Then I went to Walgreen's for my TP & then to Shopko for my DH's paper towels.  I am not used to doing the shopping & everything in the house by myself, so I am heading for a nap too. 

lunch was BLT's & supper is leftover meatloaf and an acorn squash in the Nesco Roaster.  It is so nice and cool in the house so I don't want to use the oven.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

TWinny the game was listed wrong time in the paper..we thought it was strange to have a start of a 3 game series start at I pm....so I looked it up and doesn't start till 7 pm but we have had torrential rains all day so hopefully they will get the game on tonight, and not be rained out.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It is great that you had a wonderful trip.   You deserved every minute of it.

I really don't have much time as I need to run to an obligation. First, the results of the cystoscopy showed that there was no cancer returning to the bladder as it can easily do.

Second, I got my watch in a two day delivery The watch is beautful but it is going back. It has some type of complicated system of setting it which requres you  to enter a specific number on the back of the case and you have to follow the procedures given on the website. The info on the watch back is so small that it can't be read.

I guess the search for the right watch continues. I definitely need one with a second hand as I use that at times in work. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - I'm still having a hard time logging on.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm still reading though!  Jean - so glad that your test results were good!  Bernie - I read the instructions on how to use the black walnuts...way too much work, lol.  I guess we had the English walnuts when I was a kid.  Felicia - hope the adjusted meds continue to work well for you and you're feeling better.  Oh, and goats LOVE weeds.  Sheep are grazers (eat grass), and goats are browsers (eat leaves), so goats are happier eating weeds than grass.  Don't let one get near a rose bush or a grapevine, there won't be a leaf left, lol.  It's not true that they'll eat anything though.  They're picky about some things.  Last night they were happy recipients of watermelon rind and corn husks, left over from preparing dinner.  Go figure.

I got a lot done around the place today.  Tomorrow I get the 2nd part of the crown procedure done, plus I have a potluck to attend in the evening.  I have TMJ which is usually mild, but when I have dental work, it flares up.  I'll be glad when this is all done with.  

I think I'm forgetting stuff.  Oh well.  Waves to all  ~  Charlene