Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at a Time -- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2015

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ladies!  No rain this morning, so DH and I had a nice walk.  We will be going to the senior lunch program today, and the gym later.  That Leslie Sansone tape really caused me to sweat -- guess I had forgotten about that.  I am used to sweating at the gym, but....

I'm sort of down today, since a lady in one of my newcomers group passed away yesterday.  She was in her early 60's, and had been suffering from cancer.  Her DH was a very good caregiver, and kept us informed on FB.  Also, DH was not good yesterday, which is always a worry for me.

I'm trying to think positive, and I know that I have so much to be thankful for.  Just one of those days.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Marijane, Susan, Charlene, Rosa, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope many of you have a chance to post, and everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Regular Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at a Time -- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2015

Good Afternoon, Ladies!!  It is a cool, overcast day in New York.  Since I love fall, I'm not complaining, althought I prefer the sun with the cooler temps.

LindaL...so sorry about your friend.  Your in my thoughts and prayers with DH, as we have been there with my MIL.  It is a difficult disease, so take care of yourself along with taking care of DH.  I was happy to read that your SIL is doing better.   Enjoy the senior lunch.

Kathleen...I've enjoyed your photos on FB on your "home away from home", especially your freezer organization - I may steal your idea!!

I've been keeping myself busy at work, although my mind wanders quite a bit...trying to be kind to myself and give myelf some slack.  I do need to get back to some healthy eating and exercise, slow down with my shopping and get back to my old routines...I think I will feel better and have more energy.  We'll see how that goes.

Charlene...I "friended" you on FB the other day, not sure if you saw it yet.  I had to look at the SG "AS is" sweater, and the burgundy is coming my way...it looks lovely, but I was not willing to pay even the TSV price.  This one was much better.

Bernie...I have that poncho, and bought some fringe boots off Evine when they were a special.  I can't wait to wear them.

Waving hi to anyone I've missed...I MUST get back to work!!!  Enjoy the day!!

Valued Contributor

Linda thinking of you, those "one of those days" can sneak up on me too...I hate it for you.

Cloudy and rainy here...it is fall

I just found out that my DIL is pregnant!  i am so excited...she is due March 20,2016. I can hardly focus on anything else today....

Valued Contributor

ksmitty28 I bought that sweater when it was the TSV in blue, and love it.  I am wearing it this weekend to Mark's 40th class reuinion.  I am wearing it with black slim fit ankle pants and blingy black ballet flats. I love as is produts, I and going to see if I can get the recent Cuddle Duds TSV on as is

Regular Contributor

Rosa...CONGRATS!!!!  How exciting for you!!  I received my Cuddle duds and it's a winner.  I'll be looking for another in "as is"...I got the gray and love it.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....Rosa congrats.....I am so happy for you.....the time will fly and soon you will be holding your grandchild in your arms.....wonderful feeling!!

Karen...it was cloudy here earlier but the sun is out strong now......our pool is still open so trying to squeeze the last bit of summer out of it.  iF I remember correctly you are a big METS fan.....good luck to them in the next few weeks!  I am still plugging for my Yankees...although this year I only recognize a few of the players !    I too bought the Cuddle duds,,,2 of them....and I love them since I am always cold.    I had never heard of them before....I had gotten the black and gray and if I see them at a lower price and different color I will order another.

LindaL hope your DH is doing better today and also your SIL.  hAve a nice day at your senior lunch.

Not much going on here....I guess I should be doing something around the house....but that's not fun!!          Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

PS....Rosa and Karen.....where do you find the "as is" items??

Regular Contributor

Marijane...yes, Mets, Jets and St. John's fan.  Our pool is still open.  They are coming to close it on Monday, DH is not happy about that.  In the search bar, type in AS IS.  There are many items.  I have only gotten defective items once. 

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all are well today.

Thanks for starting us off today LL. Hope you enjoy the lunch program and the gym later. So sad about the lady from your newcomers group. Hope her DH will be ok. Also sorry your DH and you, had a bad day yesterday, hope today is better for you both.

ksmitty28, ponchos and fringed boots are the 'thing' now, so you will be right in step. Hope you enjoy wearing them and get much use out of your purchases, I am sure you will. Also your CuddleDuds! Yes do be kind to yourself.

fbm8282lsm, how exciting, a new baby in the family, they bring such joy. Congratulations to you all! Have fun at the reunion this weekend, your outfit sounds lovely.

We are having just the more glorious weather right now, I simply love Fall, the cooler temps, the feel of the air and the color of the sky. Our leaves have not started turning yet, but should be soon.

I got 4 loads of laundry done this morning, includes sheets and comforter from out bed. It is now ready to put back together. Also finished mowing that last lot, it is the one with the most incline so I saved it to do by itself this morning, oh joy, lol. Now I'm working at finishing up the furniture polishing that I did not get all done yesterday (I wimped out, haha). Still no box for the dish, so no excuse of watching TV today. Right now I wouldn't mind that though, I must say.

Nothing of import to post, so I'll just send waves to everyone, enjoy the day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Genny1, hello, missed seeing your post, have fun in that pool as long as you can.
"To each their own, in all things".